Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Official Novak Crawler Products Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 09:55 PM   #201
Keep it real

What kind of radio are you using? A radio with a 70/30 throttle will give a lot more speed for the same throw of the trigger in reverse compared to forward.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2008, 09:58 PM   #202

I have an Airtronic's M8. Pretty adjustable, but not the same as the new programmable Spektrum's and such. Unless I've missed it in the manual, there's no way to adjust throttle vs brake percentages.
ronb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #203
Quarry Creeper

Post an update, I got a updated Rooster CE from charlie some time ago now, i've been running the heck out of it for the past month almost. Seems to be a completely winner, no matter what radio setup, battery, motor, etc, I have zero glitching, it is working exactely as it should and I think Novak finally has these problems licked.

Thanks a ton Charlie, I'll contact you about getting my original CE updated to the newer software.

I have tested the newer CE using everything I have available, Serveral TQ3 setups, DX3, my MX3, and a JRXS3i, as well as many others.
Rob92k1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #204
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Thats great to hear!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #205
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob92k1500 View Post
Post an update, I got a updated Rooster CE from charlie some time ago now, i've been running the heck out of it for the past month almost. Seems to be a completely winner, no matter what radio setup, battery, motor, etc, I have zero glitching, it is working exactely as it should and I think Novak finally has these problems licked.
I agree, I too have been completely happy with the updated programming. Charlie and the guys nailed it on this one. The drag brake still comes on hard but it's easy enough to get used to. Throttle control is butter smooth and very linear. And the glitching is a thing of the past.

I think people will be very happy with the performance of the RC now, I know I am.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:06 PM   #206
RCC Addict

Default Updated brushless crawler systems

Thank you Charlie!
I have 2 of the Novak Brushless Crawler Systems. I also run a Rooster
Crawler esc with a lathe motor. I use a M8 radio and the Rooster Crawler
has never glitched, and the drag brake works great.
I posted that My crawler systems had issues. Well I said HAD!!
Charlie asked me to email him and he would see what he could do.
To everyone reading this Novaks Customer Service is fantastic!
Charlie fixed my issues
I installed the two Novak Brushless Systems in my Super a TCS 17" Stick
and ran it today for the first time. I crawled inclines and drove lines that
I could not make running the lathe motors. The Novaks will creep along, and
pull the trigger and the wheel speed is unreal. What a blast I had crawling
today. THANK YOU CHARLIE !!

Rick
cars69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:50 AM   #207
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob92k1500 View Post

Thanks a ton Charlie, I'll contact you about getting my original CE updated to the newer software.

I have tested the newer CE using everything I have available, Serveral TQ3 setups, DX3, my MX3, and a JRXS3i, as well as many others.
Glad to hear its working for you Rob!

-peter-
ronbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #208
Quarry Creeper

Charlie,
Is there a software update available for the original novak crawler system?

I went back a few pages looking and I seem to have missed it or I am making stuff up! ;)

-peter-
thanks
ronbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #209

Default Rooster Crawler ESC

Hey Novak Guys!
First off, I'd like to say you made an awesome crawler ESC! I couldn't be happier with the performance...aside from the glitching. I'm sending an email to Charlie but I am sending it from a hotmail account (sorry, its all I use) so I wanted to post it here as well for a heads up, just to make sure it gets to you guys. I can't wait to get this resolved to get back to crawling! Thanks, Joel
JDRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #210
Old guy

I did something to my rooster, it don't have reverse no more.:-( Can I get it repaired or is it junk. :neutral: Where would I send it and how much would it cost.
I always carry an extra ,so I'm still crawling. Love these ESC. THANKS
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #211
Rock Crawler

Default Rooster Crawler Glitching

How do i get my esc updated it still glitches? I emailed novak a couple of days ago, still havent heard anything.
NU2KRAWLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:54 PM   #212
Rock Crawler

Howdy Guys,

Thanks for all the kind comments. Much appreciated and you're all VERY welcome.

Ron- I think you emailed me and I replied today. You pointed out some items here that you didn't in the email. Be sure you do the One Touch Setup.

Email me about he Orig Super Sport Crawler Charlie@teamnovak.com I'll explain. Too much for this.

We get Gmail no problem. So if your hotmail bounce's you can whip up a gmail in a hurry.

I try to get on the forums, but it gets busy, so don't be offended if none of us answer for a few days, just email. I check emails before the forums most times.

Thanks again guys!

Charlie
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #213
Quarry Creeper

is there any way to tell by looks if you have an updated version? my is very glitchy and i bought it from LHS. Im guessing its and older one.
noRCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:40 PM   #214
Rock Crawler

I have read the last few pages and I have a question. Sorry, It might have been answered so please don't rape me. Do I send in my original rooster CE to novak and you can just update it? or do I have to buy a new one?
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:43 PM   #215
Rock Crawler

Howdy Guys,

Regarding the Rooster Crawler Editions. This is not confirmed, but i beleive that serial numbers start with a "C" have been updated. The "W" series of serial # are the units that suffer from the "Jitter" problem. It's not a glitch. A glitch is related to radio interference that effects the throttle and the steering. This is a "jitter" our neutral bouncing problem.

If you have one that suffers from this problem, you can send the ESC into Novak Directly to be udpated. Simply complete the warranty service form from the website, in the "Notes" just put "Rooster Crawler Edition Jitter Problem". We've been simply updating units that come in and returning them after a basic test. So turn around is fairly quick and painless. Just use the service form off our website to streamline the process.

www.teamnovak.com on the left hand side click on Customer Service.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:09 PM   #216

Thanks Charlie! I sent in the Rooster this afternoon. Won't see you till this coming Tuesday, though :( Oh well, Thanks! Joel
JDRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #217
Rock Crawler

Default Rooster Crawler Jitter

I just checked my rooster crawler and yes its one of the w serial numbers. I will be sending it out tomorrow. Thanks for standing behind your products. Scott Mace
NU2KRAWLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:39 PM   #218
Quarry Creeper

hello, i know lots of people are having trouble with there rooster crawler esc's and so am i, only does the glitch thing? at very very low throttle, i have a cheap cirrus radio and reciever. could buying a new radio setup help this out at all? or is there anything else i can do besides sending it in? i have no other esc to run as of now so i am dead in the water without it with local comp coming up very soon, any info would be great! thanks....
ruck"n"roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #219
Quarry Creeper

sent mine off today cant wait to get it back
noRCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #220
Rock Stacker

im wanting to go brushless and i love my rooster. i was woundering what the difference between the rooster with the 55t and the goat with the 21.5 are. speeds and run time comparisons please...
spidy is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/85567-official-novak-crawler-products-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
novak rooster crawler edition This thread Refback 10-04-2011 04:16 PM