Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Official Novak Crawler Products Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #641
Quarry Creeper

I'll check on both the Dig and the rotor. Our store shows the rotor available, but lately distributors have been a bit slow in ordering up new items in quantity---until they start getting orders from their customers.

Charlie, the Dig is almost ready to go. We are starting production. Instructions have been approved, label received, etc. Email me at work and I'll see if I can get one out to you. Do you have the new rotor yet?
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #642
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
From what i've read on the "Dig" yes it is for Dual ESC's.... any dual ESC's for the most part. Brushed or brushless sensor or sensorless.

I'm still waiting for Novak Two to send me a "dig"......:-P
so it's basically a channel mixer? no hard wiring connections on the esc and motors as i understand.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:04 PM   #643
Rock Crawler

Hey,I sent an email out but I guess i'll post here also..my goat fried after like 5 secs of me plugging in my lipo, but it's not under the warranty so is there anyway I can still get the friedesc fixed or replaced?
smm_cbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #644
Rock Crawler

They have an exchange program. Check out the customer service section of their website.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #645
Rock Crawler

Is there like a weight limit to how much the goat can handle? I'm tryingto figure out if my motor is also fried,and want to ask if its worth replacing because the rig I used it in was quite heavy,and don't know if it will just fry again due to stress.
smm_cbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #646
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smm_cbf View Post
Hey,I sent an email out but I guess i'll post here also..my goat fried after like 5 secs of me plugging in my lipo, but it's not under the warranty so is there anyway I can still get the friedesc fixed or replaced?
No one works tech support/customer service week ends or holidays. Here is a link to our CS information:

Novak Customer Service

Fixed price replacement price for the Goat esc is 49.00:

Speed Control Replacement/Exchange Options
Old 06-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #647
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
I'll check on both the Dig and the rotor. Our store shows the rotor available, but lately distributors have been a bit slow in ordering up new items in quantity---until they start getting orders from their customers.

Ok cool thank you.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:23 AM   #648
Quarry Creeper

We begin shipping our new electronic Dig module to distributors today. We have added some additional information to the website, including a photo and some measurements:

Novak Electronic Dig Module

Quote:
Plugged into a crawler vehicle’s receiver, The Dig is compatible with any Super Crawler dual-system rig, such as EnRoute’s® Berg™, Integy’s® Super and Unlimited Class of crawlers, and Clod Buster®-based vehicles. Two different-colored LED indicator lights – located at the ends of six-inch harnesses for easy and countless installation possibilities – visibly display when a speed control is locked and ready to dig. The Dig is easily programmed into most three-channel transmitters, such as the Spektrum® DX3R DSM2 3CH Surface Radio™, Airtronics’® M8 and M11 R/C Radios™, and a Traxxas® (TQ-3) Transmitter™.*
Old 07-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #649
I wanna be Dave

So I lost the ESC on my sons goat on sunday and we have a comp coming up on the 18th. Now looking on the site for the replacement costs and so forth--it shows a double cost for the brushless system. Now I know the motor is good and I don't need to send that in. Can I just send in the ESc for replacement only?
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #650
Rock Crawler

There is a price for just the ESC I think, it used to be $49 plus S&H. There's a big pricing matrix thing a ma jig..... There I found it in like ten seconds:

http://teamnovak.com/cs/web_options/index_esc.html

If it's under warranty, you probably won't get charged.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:12 AM   #651
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
There is a price for just the ESC I think, it used to be $49 plus S&H. There's a big pricing matrix thing a ma jig..... There I found it in like ten seconds:

http://teamnovak.com/cs/web_options/index_esc.html

If it's under warranty, you probably won't get charged.
I read thru that link--but it was unclear if you could do one--be it the motor or ESC. It just made it sound like it had to be both with no real definition..
Old 07-08-2009, 12:18 AM   #652
Rock Crawler

Yeah, you can do one and not both. ESC only is what ever price it says plus shipping and handling.

There are 3 different sections, one for "systems", one for ESCs, and one for motors I think.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:23 AM   #653
Rock Crawler

K, so I was a bit off, there is not one for "systems", just ESCs, Motors, and Other.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:24 AM   #654
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
K, so I was a bit off, there is not one for "systems", just ESCs, Motors, and Other.
Thanks charlie.

Sending a package off in the am....
Old 07-08-2009, 01:02 AM   #655
Rock Crawler

Good Luck, let us know how it goes!
Old 07-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #656
Quarry Creeper

so i got my Novak rooster esc about 2 months ago, was working perfectly until i installed a 35t integy v11 motor and a jr 8711 servo, i was runnin it for about 5 minutes and then my esc let out a puff of smoke, and i lost all throttle control, my steering works but the motor won't turn anymore. i took out my motor and plugged directly to a battery and it works fine, so i guess i smoked esc. now im wondering is my esc covered under warranty or is it void because of the combo i was running?
The_kernel114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #657
Quarry Creeper

You may need to email tech@teamnovak.com with your question.

Quote:
Please make your initial email as detailed as possible. Include:

~ warranty claim?
~ speed control (brand/model)
~ motor (brand/wind)
~ connectors used
~ servo (brand/model)
~ radio system (receiver/transmitter)
~ vehicle & gearing
~ battery, brand (c rating/capacity)
~ any external modules (BEC/brand, Glitch Buster)
~ other important info: water damage, corrosive chemical sprays, excess heat, etc

The more information you provide in your first email, the more quickly tech support can offer you assistance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_kernel114 View Post
so i got my Novak rooster esc about 2 months ago, was working perfectly until i installed a 35t integy v11 motor and a jr 8711 servo, i was runnin it for about 5 minutes and then my esc let out a puff of smoke, and i lost all throttle control, my steering works but the motor won't turn anymore. i took out my motor and plugged directly to a battery and it works fine, so i guess i smoked esc. now im wondering is my esc covered under warranty or is it void because of the combo i was running?
Old 07-22-2009, 05:39 AM   #658
Quarry Creeper

Hello;
Can esc rooter crawler work with 8cells or 3S Li-Poly cells?
mactech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:50 PM   #659
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Good Luck, let us know how it goes!
GREAT service--one week turnaround--thanks Novak
Old 07-23-2009, 07:53 AM   #660
Rock Crawler

The Goat 3s info states that the internal BEC is 6v/5amp. Is this rating only for 2s lipo? In the Goat 3s thread it states that the included 6v/3amp external switching BEC must be used with 3s for proper operation. If the internal BEC drops off on 3s what happens to the fan output? The more I read about the Goat 3s the more it sound like a Goat 2s with a included fan and external BEC. Is there any difference internally other than different progarming steps and voltage cutoff.
corkysk8 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/85567-official-novak-crawler-products-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
novak rooster crawler edition This thread Refback 10-04-2011 04:16 PM