Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Official Novak Crawler Products Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #661
RCC Addict

this may be in the wrong place but, can my goat be upgraded to the 3s.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #662
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana mudcat View Post
this may be in the wrong place but, can my goat be upgraded to the 3s.

We do not offer an upgrade path at this time.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #663

Default goat brushless package

put this system in my losi comp done the one touch set up and everything went fine for about 15ft. l.e.d. lights blinked then everything shut down and wouldn't come back on all that would happen was the l.e.d. lights would blink then shut back off. i have checked everything i can think of but get same results. any info on the problem greatly appreciated.
trackhoejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #664

Ijust got the goat system for my ax10 is there any thing that I should do to keep the esc from frying?
custom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #665
Quarry Creeper

Have you performed the "one touch" set-up? And, made sure that the battery type selection has been made---lipo or NiMh?

You may need to email tech@teamnovak.com with your question.

Quote:
Please make your initial email as detailed as possible. Include:

~ warranty claim?
~ speed control (brand/model)
~ motor (brand/wind)
~ connectors used
~ servo (brand/model)
~ radio system (receiver/transmitter)
~ vehicle & gearing
~ battery, brand (c rating/capacity)
~ any external modules (BEC/brand, Glitch Buster)
~ other important info: water damage, corrosive chemical sprays, excess heat, etc

The more information you provide in your first email, the more quickly tech support can offer you assistance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhoejoe View Post
put this system in my losi comp done the one touch set up and everything went fine for about 15ft. l.e.d. lights blinked then everything shut down and wouldn't come back on all that would happen was the l.e.d. lights would blink then shut back off. i have checked everything i can think of but get same results. any info on the problem greatly appreciated.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #666
Quarry Creeper

I have a Goat combo that I've been running for a year with no problems until a couple weeks ago. I plugged in the battery and turned it on then the ESC started to smoke and the wires to the on/off switch melted together. Is your replacement program only for what you currently have or can I get the Goat ESC and motor replaced with a brushed ESC and motor? I sent an email to customer service on 7-20 and never got a reply yet.
TruckerBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #667
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerBrad View Post
I have a Goat combo that I've been running for a year with no problems until a couple weeks ago. I plugged in the battery and turned it on then the ESC started to smoke and the wires to the on/off switch melted together. Is your replacement program only for what you currently have or can I get the Goat ESC and motor replaced with a brushed ESC and motor? I sent an email to customer service on 7-20 and never got a reply yet.
If it's been that long, you need to resend your email--we probably did not receive it.

Our replacement/exchange program is only "like for like".

We do offer factory-remanufactured products (including the Rooster Crawler) in our store:

Novak Factory-Remanufactured Products
Old 07-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #668
Rock Crawler

Could you answer the questions in post # 660? I have a Goat 3S on preorder at the LHS and would like to know what to expect.
corkysk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:04 AM   #669
Rock Crawler

Corky
I'm guessing, so it'll be best to contact Novak Directly, but I "think" the fan plug on the ESC itself won't work. You'll have to wire the fan someplace else. The red wire on the ESC's RX wire gets pulled out, so you won't have anyway for the rest of the Juice to get to the fan.

Either to the RX, or to the BEC output leads themselves. (Cause you might be out of RX plugs to put the fan into). You can piggy back the fan wires onto just about any of the power wires of the RX no problem. I used to pull the plug out of the plastic and stick the wires of the fans into the housing. Worked fine even in race car stuff zipping around.

Custom12- LOL, not much, they are either "good right away, or bad right away. Usually if something has a defect or is "bad" it comes up pretty quick. From my personal experience, most of the failures that happen overtime, come from something "happening" weather or not the owner is aware of it or not....

Novak also has a phone, if you don't get an email back in a couple days, give their CS department a call. Emails are great, but like any technology it's foulable....
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:36 AM   #670
Quarry Creeper

We began shipping our Goat 3S Crawler speed control to distributors yesterday.

Our new Crawler 13.5 motor has also begun shipping.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #671

Thumbs down goat combo kit

I sent my goat kit in two weeks ago and haven't heard anything from you guys. tried to e-mail you guys and still nothing. is this normal?
trackhoejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #672

Default rooster crawler question

When I try the one touch set up I get the steady red light then thats it it wont see the throttle at all. How long do you have to hold the th? I held it for over a min and it never went green nor blink or anything. :(
The Roaming Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #673
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhoejoe View Post
I sent my goat kit in two weeks ago and haven't heard anything from you guys. tried to e-mail you guys and still nothing. is this normal?

Our shop time is 5-7 working days, but you need to add travel time.

You should re-send your email if you have nor received a response within 24 hours. Email address in my signature.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #674
Quarry Creeper

You may need to email tech@teamnovak.com with your question.

Quote:
Please make your initial email as detailed as possible. Include:

~ warranty claim?
~ speed control (brand/model)
~ motor (brand/wind)
~ connectors used
~ servo (brand/model)
~ radio system (receiver/transmitter)
~ vehicle & gearing
~ battery, brand (c rating/capacity)
~ any external modules (BEC/brand, Glitch Buster)
~ other important info: water damage, corrosive chemical sprays, excess heat, etc

The more information you provide in your first email, the more quickly tech support can offer you assistance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roaming Basher View Post
When I try the one touch set up I get the steady red light then thats it it wont see the throttle at all. How long do you have to hold the th? I held it for over a min and it never went green nor blink or anything. :(
Old 08-06-2009, 08:56 PM   #675
Rock Crawler

Roaming- Make sure the ESC is in the Throttle Channel, Not the Batt channel, also, make sure it's going the right direction. THey fit both ways but only work one.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:48 AM   #676
Quarry Creeper

Ok I got a GOAT 3S ESC question, Under motor listing it eludes to the fact if you use the 13.5 motor you can only run 2s on it. Is this correct or not? The website has no other info links to a "comming soon" page. (ah n/m I found it "Motor Limit: 13.5-turn (2S Li-Po) & 18.5-turn (3S Li-Po)"

Other question is how much faster is the 13.5 over the 18.5? I have been debating over the older goat combo or to go with the 3S and motor seprately. Im on the fence about 3S lipos, mostly due to the cost of the 3s system over the older goat. $164 vs $220 I just want wheel speed and runtime. I am thinking the 13.5 might be too much wheel speed.
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:34 AM   #677
RCC Addict

will the 13.5 motor work with the 2s goat i got now if i hook my 21.5 to the 3s?
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #678

Default Novak #3420 Submarine Help

I need to pick an expert's brain about Novak #3420 Crawler motors.
I want to use 2 of the motors independently to move a 94.5" long x 8.5" wide rc submarine with two 3" props.These motors are 1,800KV and I will be using 6volt A123 batteries.I can use a belt-drive gear-reduction system all the way down to 6 to 1.I am also planning to use the ESC fan output for a cooling pump to cool the ESCs/motors.The submarine will need a speed of 0 to 10 mph for scale speeds.
Everyone at the submarine forums are mostly "old school" and want every good submariner to get by on brushed motors but there must be a way to use these brushless motors.
sunworksco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:47 AM   #679
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunworksco View Post
I need to pick an expert's brain about Novak #3420 Crawler motors.
I want to use 2 of the motors independently to move a 94.5" long x 8.5" wide rc submarine with two 3" props.These motors are 1,800KV and I will be using 6volt A123 batteries.I can use a belt-drive gear-reduction system all the way down to 6 to 1.I am also planning to use the ESC fan output for a cooling pump to cool the ESCs/motors.The submarine will need a speed of 0 to 10 mph for scale speeds.
Everyone at the submarine forums are mostly "old school" and want every good submariner to get by on brushed motors but there must be a way to use these brushless motors.
I posted a response in your other thread.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #680
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana mudcat View Post
will the 13.5 motor work with the 2s goat i got now if i hook my 21.5 to the 3s?

Sorry, I did not see your question. Our new 13.5 Crawler motor will operate on our Goat 2S controller. Here is the complete info on the 13.5 Crawler motor:

Novak Crawler Brushless Motors

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/85567-official-novak-crawler-products-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
novak rooster crawler edition This thread Refback 10-04-2011 04:16 PM