Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Official Novak Crawler Products Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #961
Rock Crawler

Thanks, got your email, sorry for the slight delay, just got back from a week in AZ for a race. I'll get back to you on the email in the next day or so. Thanks again for sending the email.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #962

Thumbs up

Charlie , no thank you . take your time . i have Patience and understand that you are probably super busy . just the fact that you and novak are hear to help us like you do it wonderful . keeps me buying novak products .

owner of

novac 55t, in my ax-10

havoc (spec ) 25.5 b/l esc and motor combo

goat 2s and 18.5 motor . ( issues )

goat 3s and 18.5 motor , (being shipped as we speak)
itsonlysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:04 AM   #963

sweet got your email , sent one back . thanks again
itsonlysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:20 PM   #964
Rock Stacker

Is this a good spot to ask about the new rock star motors? I don't actually have any questions, I was just looking for reviews or experiences and can't seem to find anything on them. I am putting a 45t in a scx10 this weekend. They must be pretty new....
Shane
RCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #965
Rock Crawler

They've only been available for a month or so. So far, they seem to perform as well as the original Novak Crawling motors. The look cooler!

I have a 45 in my SCX, works well.

csuangka@teamnovak.com if you have anything further.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:50 AM   #966

I've been messing with my 18.5 Goat 3s system for about 3 days now. I just happened upon this thread. The car works great with the engine + esc, except for every minute or so it does a sudden glitching. It's quite violent and really ruins my crawling experience.
strungoutt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #967
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungoutt1 View Post
I've been messing with my 18.5 Goat 3s system for about 3 days now. I just happened upon this thread. The car works great with the engine + esc, except for every minute or so it does a sudden glitching. It's quite violent and really ruins my crawling experience.
What radio/receiver are you using? THat has a big part of it. Where is your antenna wire in relations to power wires?
concretejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:15 AM   #968

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
What radio/receiver are you using? THat has a big part of it. Where is your antenna wire in relations to power wires?
I am using the radio/reciever that came with the stock RTR kit. It's the new 2.4 GHZ radio and reciever. I know its not the best, but it works. I was thinking of upgrading to a new Spektrum or Futaba system.

At first my antenna wire was right next to the power wires.

I did a little rearrangement and moved the ESC about 6 inches away from the reciever box. I also got the power wires away as far away from the antenna wires as I could without doing reterminating the wires.

The popping still happens, although possibly not as often. And it seems to be not as severe as before. At first I thought it was going to break somthing in the drivetrain. However the problem is still there a bit.

I still have the wires that go from the BEC to the power cables running near the signal cables/antenna. To move those I need to do a little bit more work. Is it worth moving these cables?

I just really want to get this smoothed out.

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:23 AM   #969
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungoutt1 View Post
I am using the radio/reciever that came with the stock RTR kit. It's the new 2.4 GHZ radio and reciever. I know its not the best, but it works. I was thinking of upgrading to a new Spektrum or Futaba system.

At first my antenna wire was right next to the power wires.

I did a little rearrangement and moved the ESC about 6 inches away from the reciever box. I also got the power wires away as far away from the antenna wires as I could without doing reterminating the wires.

The popping still happens, although possibly not as often. And it seems to be not as severe as before. At first I thought it was going to break somthing in the drivetrain. However the problem is still there a bit.

I still have the wires that go from the BEC to the power cables running near the signal cables/antenna. To move those I need to do a little bit more work. Is it worth moving these cables?

I just really want to get this smoothed out.

Thanks for any help.
that's strange it's that bad with an 2.4...
with my DX you can stuff the BEC in the box with the RX and it's fine.
I guess try moving the BEC and/or wires away from the tip of the rx wire
BEC's can do strange things on some setups
irok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:29 AM   #970

Yea it is definetly weird. The BEC is actually mounted to the back of a bracket I made myself. I put a hole in the bracket which the BEC wires run through. The cables that go from the ESC to the actual motor run through the same opening.

The reciever and other cables are about 2 inches to the right of the BEC cables, and inside the stock electronics box. So the cables are not that close. But at this point its the only real "power cable" that is near any signal cables.

Im going to try and take a picture in a second.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #971
Pebble Pounder

Can a rooster crawler run fine with a 8 cell nimh saddle pack with or without a bec
Cmace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:48 PM   #972
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmace23 View Post
Can a rooster crawler run fine with a 8 cell nimh saddle pack with or without a bec
The ESC dosen't give a rats butt WHERE the volts come from (NiCAD, NiMH, LiPO, etc) only the voltage going to it.
The BEC is really to make maximum use of the torque available from the servo (usually the steering servo) without overloading the RX.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #973
Rock Crawler

So I have a goat crawler system i got a few years back brand new and it went out on me with in 5-6 months,about a month later i tried to call novak because i didnt have a computer at the time and always got cut off when sent to another Dpt. so I gave up on novak.

I recently got back into RC and was lookin at the motor/esc in its orig box so I emailed CC to see if i could get it repaird or something but got no response,I feel jipped spending over $200 for this motor/ecs combo and got to use it for mmmaybe 20 packs,just found this thread and was hoping maybe this will help me get some response action?

Last edited by Mr. crawl; 06-02-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #974
Rock Crawler

Howdy, sorry I haven't been back to the Thread enough.

As always, please feel free to email me "anytime". If I'm around the internet, I generally check emails pretty frequently. csuangka@teamnovak.com

Thanks
Charlie
csuangka@teamnovak.com
Old 06-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #975
Quarry Creeper

Mr Crawl you emailed Castle Creations about a Novak system?
PowerCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #976
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCrazy View Post
Mr Crawl you emailed Castle Creations about a Novak system?
no meant CS customer service,that would be some funny shit tho. to be a guy at CC gettin a complaint email for a novak product.

Novak lost my loyalty,after 10+ years of nothing but die hard novak and 1000s of $ worth or ESCs and recivers and whatever else they sold,on-road/offroad/mini/micro it was all nothing but novak til this goat crawler issue.

this round i said novak and went with a Tekin FXR and Brood HHT-R/T 35T.

Last edited by Mr. crawl; 06-09-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Howdy, sorry I haven't been back to the Thread enough.

As always, please feel free to email me "anytime". If I'm around the internet, I generally check emails pretty frequently. csuangka@teamnovak.com

Thanks
Charlie
csuangka@teamnovak.com

Hello!

Since the new software is available for Novalink?
For several weeks, I comment you, that was about, if new software available.
We will also send my data from the ESC, at its request and you answer me that something was going to be sent to replace my ESC M2

Greetings.
Angel.
GTO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #978
Rock Crawler

GTO- I'm sorry if I've not replied to your email directly. Still awaiting some further updates on the NovaLink and M2.

Mr. Crawl, if you'd like to give another shot, please feel free to email me directly csuangka@teamnovak.com. I'll be happy to try to assist. Or if you need to, send a PM here as well.

Thanks
Charlie
Old 06-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #979

Quote:
GTO- I'm sorry if I've not replied to your email directly. Still awaiting some further updates on the NovaLink and M2.

csuangka@teamnovak.com

Thanks
Charlie

Hello!

you have new mail in your e-mail.

Greetings.
Angel.
GTO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #980
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
They've only been available for a month or so. So far, they seem to perform as well as the original Novak Crawling motors. The look cooler!

I have a 45 in my SCX, works well.

csuangka@teamnovak.com if you have anything further.
I sent you a email hopefully you can help me too
gerr is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/85567-official-novak-crawler-products-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
novak rooster crawler edition This thread Refback 10-04-2011 04:16 PM