Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Official Novak Crawler Products Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #761
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by carver88 View Post
Is the pro SS 21.5 brushless motor compatible with the goast 3s and what are the differences between this motor and the 21.5 crawler motor. (advantages /disadvantages)
Our Goat controllers and Crawler motors are designed as "systems" The CR motors feature different sensor boards than our standard motors; however, the wound stators are the same. Both components "sense" when they are connected together and operate in the crawler mode. If you connect a Goat esc to our non-crawler equipped motor, it will operate like a Havoc esc.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #762
Rock Crawler

Hey guys, I want to start with Novak has been good to me so in no way am I bashing them.

I have had 3 Novak complete goat systems in my 2 Losi comp crawlers the 1st was a Goat 2s with an 18.5 and it worked great the next one was a goat 3s with a 13.5 and I had nothing but problems I sent the 3s back they fixed it but I still had the same problems so I put the 18.5 motor in with the 3s and it worked great.

Now because I like wheel speed I tried and bought another 3s and tried it with my 13.5 and I had the same problems as the 1st I all most gave up BUT then a light pop in my head I got the idea to try a Tekin RS with the 13.5 O my God it works and works great the wheel speed is crazy and it has a ton of power also, so I love the novak motors but they might need to make a new speed controller for the 13.5.
jacobflyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #763
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobflyin View Post
Hey guys, I want to start with Novak has been good to me so in no way am I bashing them.

I have had 3 Novak complete goat systems in my 2 Losi comp crawlers the 1st was a Goat 2s with an 18.5 and it worked great the next one was a goat 3s with a 13.5 and I had nothing but problems I sent the 3s back they fixed it but I still had the same problems so I put the 18.5 motor in with the 3s and it worked great.

Now because I like wheel speed I tried and bought another 3s and tried it with my 13.5 and I had the same problems as the 1st I all most gave up BUT then a light pop in my head I got the idea to try a Tekin RS with the 13.5 O my God it works and works great the wheel speed is crazy and it has a ton of power also, so I love the novak motors but they might need to make a new speed controller for the 13.5.
Please forward this info to tech@teamnovak.com for assistance. Tech Support can help if you are experiencing these issues. I haven't heard of any incompatibilities with the Goat 3S and the 13.5, but I will check.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #764
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
I haven't heard of any incompatibilities with the Goat 3S and the 13.5, but I will check.
I have no problems with mine, nor does another buddy who is running the same.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #765
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Please forward this info to tech@teamnovak.com for assistance. Tech Support can help if you are experiencing these issues. I haven't heard of any incompatibilities with the Goat 3S and the 13.5, but I will check.
I checked with the engineers and was told that we have heard of no problems with running the Goat 3S with any Novak Crawler 13.5 motor.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:58 AM   #766
Pebble Pounder

Default any difference in regular novak 21.5 and crawler 21.5?

hi guys i am running a losi comp and just ordered a goat 3s,i have a regular novak 21.5 not a crawler 21.5 and was wondering if there was a difference in the two,thanks
nitrorube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #768
Pebble Pounder

I have a Novak Rooster Crawler and not to be stupid but I have never used this unit I just bought it used and the instructions say you have to program it. My question is do I have to program it every time I turn the truck on? or does it remember the last time?

Thanks Scott.
n8big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #769
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8big View Post
I have a Novak Rooster Crawler and not to be stupid but I have never used this unit I just bought it used and the instructions say you have to program it. My question is do I have to program it every time I turn the truck on? or does it remember the last time?

Thanks Scott.

once you program it its good until you change something. But no you do not have to keep programing it. (that would really get annoying) Play with the drag brake setting to what you like.
oldvintageiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #770
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I checked with the engineers and was told that we have heard of no problems with running the Goat 3S with any Novak Crawler 13.5 motor.

That's funny because I have called them 4 times and talk to them about this problem and they do not know what is going on they just tell me to send it back but when I get the new one back it does the same thing, so like I said I thought it was something else but when I installed the Tekin RS and had no problems with it I figured it was the speed controller.

So I have 3 Novak speed controllers 1 goat 2S and 2 goat 3s and like I said I love them I just don't know why it does not work with my 13.5 motor if some one could tell me why I would go back to running them.
jacobflyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:48 AM   #771
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldvintageiron View Post
once you program it its good until you change something. But no you do not have to keep programing it. (that would really get annoying) Play with the drag brake setting to what you like.

Thank you that is what I needed to know.
n8big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #772
Rock Crawler

I just received a 13.5 EX sensored brushless motor as a clearance item and was wondering 1. How much of a difference am I gonna see in performance by switching to the sintered rotor and the new endbell? 2. Is this motor compatible to other sensored brushless esc's? Im planning on running this motor with a Traxxas VXL-3s esc, then possibly a Castle Momba Max Pro.

P.S. I purchased my first brushless novak setup in the form of a used 18.5 goat 2s system and this combo blew me out of the water. WOW. Awesome job guys. Keep up the good work
theslowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #773
Quarry Creeper

Default Merry Christmas from all of us here at TeamNovak

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season with your families, and R/C cars......

All of us here at Novak are busily Stuffing Stockings and Loading Santa's Sleigh, but we will take a little time off to rest with our loved ones and enjoy the season's festivities.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #774
Rock Crawler

Hey guys i got a question about the goat 3s. My son got berg axels for xmas and we r novak fans can we run the goat 3s system with duel brushed 45t motors?
CrAwLeR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #775
Rock Stacker

Do you mean running two motors on ine ESC?
I tried that, there are side effects.
You want two ESC's with two motors.

Harry
Old Sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #776
Quarry Creeper

Got a question for the novak guys, I have a 3 week old novak mongoose esc with the brushless motor combo for the Losi Mrc. After running the truck for about 20-25 min I start to loose the drag brake. Its still there but very weak. Also the red light slightly blinks. I think im good for another 10 min or so until the lipo cuts out. I have changed the brake to around 6. I did notice if I slap in a new lipo the drag brake becomes solid again, so ive figured out its because the battery must be getting low in power but im still no where near cutting out. Is this a normal thing, or is there a programming I can do to change it.

Im using the stock losi lipo, and a hitec full size servo. This may have happened in the past but I recently changed chassis and tires and im running alot more weight in the wheels to keep from flipping over down steep hills. I have tried the brake settings to the max and the lowest with the same brake loss result, but its more noticeable because of the heavy weight now.

The heatsink is barely warm, motor is even cooler. My servo is warmer then everything combined. Its not really a big deal it just means I must now have to change the battery alot sooner then before which is sort of a bummer. Also I believe when the unit is on I have a blue, amber and red light on which means its set for the lipo and it does cut off when the battery is almost dead.

Any suggestions on programming the esc?
mikegigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #777
Rock Stacker

Ive got a question about sending a rooster back to be repaired. can you guys fix them or possibly even warranty one?? Ive got 2 i bought and both have smoked and dont work anymore. i love them and they work great but 2 in the span of a month makes me wonder if i should bother.

thanks
racerjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #778
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjim View Post
Ive got a question about sending a rooster back to be repaired. can you guys fix them or possibly even warranty one?? Ive got 2 i bought and both have smoked and dont work anymore. i love them and they work great but 2 in the span of a month makes me wonder if i should bother.

thanks
If your Roosters are new and have not been damaged by use, we can evaluate/replace them:

TeamNovak Customer Service Information

Please include the following info with your returns:

You can also email tech@teamnovak.com with your question, during regular CS hours. Before emailing, take a moment to review the instructions (trouble-shooting guide) originally included with your Novak Item:

Novak Instruction Downloads

Quote:
Please make your initial email as detailed as possible. Include:

~ warranty claim?
~ speed control (brand/model)
~ motor (brand/wind)
~ rotor (old/new)
~ connectors used
~ servo (brand/model)
~ radio system (receiver/transmitter)
~ vehicle & gearing
~ battery, brand (c rating/capacity)
~ lipo cut-off, on/off
~ any external modules (BEC/brand, Glitch Buster)
~ other important info: water damage, corrosive chemical sprays, excess heat, etc
The more information you provide in your first email, the more quickly tech support can offer you assistance.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:29 AM   #779
Quarry Creeper

Today I decided to program the brake back to level 1 and it lasted the whole run time until the lipo cutoff came on and full brake power. Novak did give me a link to online instructions so I will look into that to see what happened.
mikegigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #780

I've got some trubble with my Novak Goat Brushless System. I can just turn, not go back/forewards, and the red Led is on. I've tried to reset/program the ESC, but that doesent work. what could be wrong?
moe413 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/85567-official-novak-crawler-products-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
novak rooster crawler edition This thread Refback 10-04-2011 04:16 PM