Notices

Thread: Project Crossroad Blingmobile Midnight Special First FOFF Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2015, 12:46 AM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: Project Crossroad Blingmobile Midnight Special First FOFF Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully2RockRomper View Post
I only learn't to edit not long ago, its really straight forward for basic editing.
I edited some footage for some friends who are into scale, was fun so you'll soon get into it.
If you cant edit then just plan your vid before you record.
Do you edit right on you-tube or do i need a special program..
I do have MovieMaker program on my laptop from Microsoft Vista .It seems so complicated,i'll have to look into it more..I'll have to google how to make or edit movies for dummies......
Well 3.44 am hear time to hit the sack...take care and looking forward to more Vids..Ya i know it's great to be retired....
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2015, 12:54 AM   #82
Quarry Creeper

You can edit on youtube, but its not the best, but the one i just did didn't need an edit so i just uploaded it the way it was.

I use Linux so not sure what's good for windows, but if you run Linux let me know.

I had to install windows on a virtual machine just to run the castle programme...Linux is great but little things like that can be a pain.

For sure will have some video this weekend.
Bully2RockRomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:37 AM   #83
RCC Addict

Well mounted my battery trays pretty straight forward 4 bolts per side that it...

Well Because i'm using te scx10 for the rear and AR60 for the front both front and rear were rotatering in the wrong direction i had to flip the front diff 180* now they are rotate in the same direction...

this is how it stands for now just have to mount EXO body parts..

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 07-03-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

Looking really good amigo...nice work with the battery mounts.

Good to see you'll have your lipo's wrapped up to protect your foff in case of a worse case scenario, i recently ordered a couple of protective covers for mine also, now we'll have piece of mind.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:16 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully2RockRomper View Post
Looking really good amigo...nice work with the battery mounts.

Good to see you'll have your lipo's wrapped up to protect your foff in case of a worse case scenario, i recently ordered a couple of protective covers for mine also, now we'll have piece of mind.
Ya at .54 cent each at hobbyking can't go wrong.I'm going to buy more for my fleet of batteries.....well worth the money...
Old 07-04-2015, 12:51 AM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Damn their cheap, well worth it indeed.

If one or both were to catch fire, then at least your investment would be protected. I thought about that the other day when looking for lipo charging bags, so grabbed a couple of bags that i can use for charging and for protection whilst their being used.

Looking forward to some video, will you have something for us soon?
Old 07-06-2015, 06:43 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Not sure if it will protect it from fire they are like a jelly like material,i think they are there to protect the outside off the battery from dirt and debris and they make the compartment look nicer....Here better info about it...
The Turnigy Lipo Protector is made entirely from soft compliant silicone, its purpose is to help stop your Lithium Polymer battery from moving around in your model during use, whilst also adding a layer of abrasion protection and vibration absorbtion.

This sleeve is designed to fit most 1600 - 2200mah 3 - 4S packs, it is suitable for batteries with dimensions up to 110 x 35 x 25mm.

Note: The sizing is approximate as the silicone material is stretchy.

Weight: 21g
Old 07-06-2015, 07:05 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

They sound great, but yeah not really fire proof, but again it would be a very rare chance for your lipo's to pop unless they were really old and not looked after, etc.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:03 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Rusty how are the electronics going amigo? Are you going to swap the esc?
Old 07-08-2015, 11:57 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Never change it.It's the same one,the esc i was talking about was in the electronic thread and was Sidewinder SCT that was in my yeti,the ESC is fine in this one I'll be running a BEC in this one...
Quick reference of what electronic I'll be using in this machine nothing special pretty stock RTR stock Yeti,Motor,ESC,Receiver..

3150KV BRUSHLESS MOTOR, WATER RESISTANT
The included 3150KV 4-pole brushless motor provides the perfect amount of torque and speed for this rock racing monster. The long can design provides a massive amount of power, especially when powered by 3S. Whether ripping through the fields or negotiating technical terrain, this power plant has you covered.

3-CHANNEL 2.4GHz RECEIVER
The AR-3 2.4 GHz receiver uses no crystals so you'll experience worry free driving with no frequency conflicts. This lightweight, compact, and bind button equipped receiver with LED indicator makes setup easy!

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 07-09-2015 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:14 AM   #91
RCC Addict

ESC

VANGUARD ESC, 3S LIPO, WATERPROOF
Developed by Castle Creation for Axial, the Vanguard ESC provides exceptional power, braking and adjustability. The ESC comes standard with DeansŪ Ultra PlugsŪ. The ESC can be programmed manually via Castle Field Programming Card or through the Castle Link software interface (optional).

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 07-09-2015 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:10 AM   #92
RCC Addict

Well I'm almost there,all the electronics are done.All that's left to do is body and i like to make some sort of interior but will see.The only problem with the interior is that I"ll have to take the whole thing apart just to get at the cage and make a mock up of the interior.I don't want a dash board just a seat and steering wheel..I'm wondering if it's worth it since you won't see it unless it's stop and you actually look for it...
As for the body I have 2 sets of Axial EXO body panels but not much place to attach the panels so i think I'm going with this made of lexan 87,89 Chevy truck that i have on hand made by Andy "Vintage"....
Old 07-09-2015, 09:01 AM   #93
RCC Addict

Here are pics of the electronics set up.you never have enough tie wraps 15 in all......
I wanted to run to fans and the y-harness was to long so i made my own a shorten it a bit fit and finish is much better.

needs trimming ......

shrink wrap plugs will show the routing of the wires...
Old 07-10-2015, 07:28 AM   #94
RCC Addict

Well this is it all the electronics are all done.All that's left to do is body and i will call this done.Just pics of all the wires neat and secured with tie wrap...
Yup Ford, the castle sticker was peeling off so i made just a simply val cover.It's temporary...

Old 07-10-2015, 07:40 AM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Looking nice and clean, your electrics are more spread out than i thought, i must have looked at one pic which was deceiving.

Looking forward to seeing the body mate, good stuff.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:16 AM   #96
RCC Addict

Thanks you.Yes very limited space this is the reason why i will be putting a body on just to hide the battery tray and the wiring.If i was to go with panels it's hard to hide the battery tray so body is in the works,but now I'm having trouble trying to mount the body.i hate to chop it up but i might have to,It's the last thing to do so will keep you updated...
And you had mention sand in your build I had a feeling that it was going to go every where .There's no stopping it from flying every where with paddles on...
Now that your Foff is all done. now you could change the tires and make a racer out of it...
Old 07-10-2015, 04:50 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Sand only went everywhere because i left a rather large opening right in the middle of it. Front half was sand free though.

You'll want a body for sure, i'm sure its going to look good when done.

I wont be putting any race tyres on it.

I have no future plans for it, i enjoyed building it but i might pass it on to someone who would like it and get more use out of it than i will.

So what kind of body are you going to do? Remember to keep it light, your rig is heavy for a modified.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:12 PM   #98
RCC Addict

Well good to see it when it a few places but it's only sand.I was trying to think of some sort of inner fenders when i put the body on mine but i don't think it will help sand is so fine it's going to be hard to stop it from flying every where.So i might not do the inner fenders..will see..
89 Chevy lexan body just have to buy some paint....
I may take a test run tomorrow just to see how she runs..
Keep my fingers cross cause like you were saying about weight i do find it heavy at 7LB I'm sure I'm bound to break something....
So what this it's for sale already hope you get your money back plus more...
Old 07-10-2015, 05:52 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

You shouldn't break anything...it's only sand right?

No not for sale, i would give it away as a present.
It wasn't fast enough...i will see how much more i can get from it, but if i can't get the speed i want, then i'll be giving her away for i was expecting more.

If the 24T-28T pinion gear and lipos ran in series give's me the power and top end speed that i want, then for sure i'll be keeping it amigo.

Edit-Just had a browse over at the Traxxas forums..and damn what i'm running is lame compared to those guys, their running larger pinion gears and 6S lipos and getting them to crazy speeds, so good to know there's plenty more tuning there.

Last edited by Bully2RockRomper; 07-10-2015 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #100
RCC Addict

I"ll have to check that out and I'm a member to.It's been a long long i was that forum, hope i still remember my user name.I'll give you a hint"rust".I don't know if you notice but my signature shows that i own Slash 4x4 and 2wd but I'm more into crawling then racing.
Might have to dust off the webs and make another FOff...
Going to check now...thanks for the heads up...
Who know might see you on there Mate...
Hope you get more speed

Project Crossroad Blingmobile Midnight Special First FOFF Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
project Night Fury-a rock bouncer build. warren 1.9 Scale Rigs 63 08-08-2013 03:30 PM
FOFF Build Project irp racing Formula Offroad 7 11-11-2012 03:45 PM
Mid afternoon to early night crawling at Lone Mountain. nine-ed Nevada 1 02-03-2012 11:58 PM
Mid Night Run - Kcrc comp #2 the DMG Competitions 42 03-30-2008 10:48 AM