Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #741
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy

Well the superglue has worked...Gave it another pasting today on 3S with brushless and did my mini crawler course which would usually snap the pins everytime.

Most impressed with the mamba X and brushless, its a 3800kv in there, but Ive put a 12T so its not mega fast. After a few flat out runs the motor isnt even warm....so I may try 4S...

I won some RC4WD XL mudslingers last week, they are only 5.5 in height so slightly smaller than the standard Gmade tyres but should be better in the mud.

With my sons GOM Im unable to get it to go into 2nd gear unless I physically move the level now...it gets nearly all the way. Was wondering could it be the plastic gear shifter in the gearbox...flexing ? Anyone had any issues with it ?
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2018, 01:21 PM   #742
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildblue77 View Post
Most impressed with the mamba X and brushless, its a 3800kv in there, but Ive put a 12T so its not mega fast. After a few flat out runs the motor isnt even warm....so I may try 4S...
Nice I want to use a Mamba X and 3300 Kv in mine. Good to hear you are having good results with the super glue.
OzarkCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:25 PM   #743
Quarry Creeper

Ive ordered a flysky GT5 so I can use the aux channel properly with a dial on a separate channel and use the dig at last with a 3 position switch. Because of my endpoints on my gearshift servo the drag brake doesn't completely disengage in 2nd gear, so I get the occasional endo if I shut off too quickly.

Has anyone tried a winch yet ?
Old 03-11-2018, 06:25 PM   #744
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Has anyone tried a winch yet ?
Funny you should ask, I just did. I have cooling fans in the normal spot at the front so I couldn't put it there. Turns out the RC4WD Warn winch fits between the rear shock towers with almost no room to spare.

In my case putting it in the back fits with the theme of the "old" tow truck cab anyway.

TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:38 PM   #745
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
Funny you should ask, I just did. I have cooling fans in the normal spot at the front so I couldn't put it there. Turns out the RC4WD Warn winch fits between the rear shock towers with almost no room to spare.

In my case putting it in the back fits with the theme of the "old" tow truck cab anyway.

That looks great...I was thinking at the back....as it's already tight at the front. Plus these are so capable they are perfect to recover other rigs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2018, 08:55 AM   #746
Rock Stacker

Damnit TooOld, I'm going to need to add a winch to my list now.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:47 PM   #747
Rock Stacker

Transmission question. Is the shift fork supposed to snap on fully to the clutch? It's a very hard fit for me.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #748
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzarkCrawler View Post
Transmission question. Is the shift fork supposed to snap on fully to the clutch? It's a very hard fit for me.
Maybe take a picture of what you're doing. I don't quite remember.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:12 PM   #749
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Maybe take a picture of what you're doing. I don't quite remember.
Trying to put the shift fork on the clutch.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:20 PM   #750
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Trying to put the shift fork on the clutch.

That looks like the wrong clutch. The clutch should fit into the grooves of the gears when it slides from one side to the other. You might be mixing up the dig and the hi/lo clutch.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #751
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
That looks like the wrong clutch. The clutch should fit into the grooves of the gears when it slides from one side to the other. You might be mixing up the dig and the hi/lo clutch.
oops I'm good now. Thanks man!
Old 03-12-2018, 01:32 PM   #752
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
oops I'm good now. Thanks man!
Make sure your gears are facing the correct direction too. Very important.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:18 PM   #753
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

This looks great, think I may have to order one. The GOM will make a perfect recovery vehicle as its so capable.

My flysky arrived, Ive set it up this evening. I can finally try and use the DIG at last as I have a 3 position on channel 4...however it just doesnt quite engage enough...it goes into freewheeling mode but doesnt lock. Ive set my endpoints to max, on the plus side 1st and 2nd work a treat. Any hints or tips ?

The rock racer/crawler mode is superb on its own channel. Previously I would engage it with a y splitter on my 3rd channel ( on the GOM and Bomber), but due to endpoints I couldnt always get it to completely disengage...now with a dial it works a treat. Ive wired up my rear LEDs on the same channel, they now go brighter when Im in crawler mode ( used to be in 1st gear so I knew it would be aggressive drag brake) and dimmer in rock race.

Really pleased...just need to find a FS-BS6 receiver in the UK so I can use it in my Bomber as well.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #754
Rock Stacker

Quote:
My flysky arrived, Ive set it up this evening. I can finally try and use the DIG at last as I have a 3 position on channel 4...however it just doesnt quite engage enough...it goes into freewheeling mode but doesnt lock. Ive set my endpoints to max, on the plus side 1st and 2nd work a treat. Any hints or tips ?
Sweet, my GT5 will be here tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:45 PM   #755
Pebble Pounder

Just an FYI, MIP Yeti driveshafts fit like a glove. Only issue is the output screw pins are slightly different. Stock gom ones are a bit long and MIP ones are too thick (.1mm bigger diameter). I'll just be drilling out the holes on the outputs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
poohsad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:42 AM   #756
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I found on my build and my brothers that it was a bit tight. I chucked up the input on the axles in a cordless drill and spun them up a few times, it helped to seat the gears and felt a lot smoother after.
I used the drill but the axles are still very tight and hard to turn by hand. Are you able to turn yours by hand?
Old 03-14-2018, 11:04 AM   #757
Rock Stacker

What is this for?

GR01 Aluminum clamp 40mm fan mount (Titanium gray) - JunFac
Old 03-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #758
Rock Crawler

Quote:
It looks like it replaces the plastic motor mount clamping piece and would also allow a cooling fan to be attached on top.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:12 PM   #759
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It looks like it replaces the plastic motor mount clamping piece and would also allow a cooling fan to be attached on top.
Pretty much this. I didn't see a need for it, and space under the hood is limited anyway.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:30 PM   #760
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I used the drill but the axles are still very tight and hard to turn by hand. Are you able to turn yours by hand?
Yeah for me it free-ed up pretty quick when I did this and I was able to spin it by hand. I did spin it up as fast as the drill could go BTW

Anyway I'd open them back up and double check everything

hmmmm..... those aluminum bearing caps you used, I wonder if they are too tight compared to the stock plastic ones? I know I've experienced this with my AR60 axles where the bearing caps held the bearings askew just enough to cause binding and it took me installing and reinstalling them multiple times until it seated properly (mostly due to a weird wedge that Vanquish designed into the bearing seat, not the same as the Gom). I'd try taking the diff cover off and loosening the bearing caps little by little and checking how free the axles spin as you go. This will hopefully help you pinpoint where the binding might be coming from.
Good luck

Wait a sec, I just had another thought, If you used the HD lockers which I think you did, you do need to use the Differential gasket (GM60028 ) that goes between the ring gear and the locker (used on the stock parts), I believe leaving this out puts the gears a bit too close together. When I put my lockers in I tried it without the gasket not knowing which to do and it was too tight.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 03-14-2018 at 03:42 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gmade, gom

Coming soon .....GMADE GOM-GR1 Rock Buggy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Malin's new Gmade R1 Rock Buggy BentKa G-Made Crawlers 59 09-28-2012 06:30 PM