Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Whats up their sleeve ? VP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2019, 12:31 PM   #221
Im Brandon

Default Re: Whats up their sleeve ? VP

New pic posted today.

I need to go back through the last few days of posts still. Seems like things got off topic this weekend
Attached Images

Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #222
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
New pic posted today.

I need to go back through the last few days of posts still. Seems like things got off topic this weekend
This is RCCrawler, what do you expect?

This trans looks great, I certainly commend VP on thinking outside the box on layout and achieving such a useful piece. I never cared for the original VS410, but I think the Pro is gonna get my money. Excellent work to everyone involved.
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #223
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
On the Facebook group, Dan said the bumpers and sliders are plastic.
That is correct. Along with the sliders. Super happy with the performance increase. Added clearance on the bumpers help a lot and the body is trimmed up slightly higher than the original Origin body to allow for the bumpers to be tucked up/in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I will add that the bumpers look and feel great. They are a big improvement over the OG aluminum machined bumpers.

The OG machined alum bumpers looked pretty, but were rock magnets. I ended up switching my OG's out for Wertymade.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Glad you got to see them in person, thanks for the feedback
Old 06-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #224
Quarry Creeper

Are the bumpers, sliders, & Body going to be available separately soon? How about the Transmission?
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:07 PM   #225
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbart View Post
Are the bumpers, sliders, & Body going to be available separately soon? How about the Transmission?
Everything will be available separately. We are pushing for those to be out at the time of release if not within the first month.

The transmission will be 2-3 months after the kit. Hopefully sooner though. We want people to be able to purchase a VS4-10 Chassis kit and VFD transmission for custom builds ASAP. Staring at this setup for so long now we've come up with a lot of cool ideas for custom builds. I expect our customers to take it even further.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #226
RCC Addict

Quote:
Everything will be available separately. We are pushing for those to be out at the time of release if not within the first month.

The transmission will be 2-3 months after the kit. Hopefully sooner though. We want people to be able to purchase a VS4-10 Chassis kit and VFD transmission for custom builds ASAP. Staring at this setup for so long now we've come up with a lot of cool ideas for custom builds. I expect our customers to take it even further.
When can we expect pre-orders to be open?
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #227
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXGMC View Post
What this man said.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #228
Quarry Creeper

Cool, can’t wait! Now how about some plastic axles for those of us who can’t bare to screw up those pretty aluminum axles?
Old 06-10-2019, 01:17 PM   #229
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I'll allow it if I at least have the new body to keep me occupied over the course of those 2-3 months.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:53 PM   #230
Im Brandon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
What this man said.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Official schedule for pre-orders and release date will be announced tomorrow. At KNK Josh shared the kits will be available mid/late July and that was accurate. We don't want to put pre-orders up too early due to the limited quantities on the first batch.

Quote:
Cool, can’t wait! Now how about some plastic axles for those of us who can’t bare to screw up those pretty aluminum axles?
What axles would you like to see?

The freedom of machining all these different axle styles is refreshing coming from my previous position. Tooling for a properly designed axle is not cheap. Therefore sacrifices have to be made on a molded axle to plan for the future and fit many applications. This can result in a potentially less than ideal layout that Vanquish is not ready to provide as a product.

We talk about this all the time. Plastic axles are not out of the question, just needs have the same R&D put into them that we put into the VFD transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I'll allow it if I at least have the new body to keep me occupied over the course of those 2-3 months.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:11 PM   #231
RCC Addict

Wat kind of price tag we lookin at on the VFD wen its release? Im lookin at gettin the vs4-10 chassis here soon n the VFD looks like a good canidate for a new build. Unfortunantly my bugdet is tight, so i buy piece here piece there, but the build is half the fun lol

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:48 PM   #232
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Glad you got to see them in person, thanks for the feedback

I was very happy to hear that Josh was going to stop by KNK and unveil the new VFD trans. I was caught off guard to learn that he also had a Pro version there too.

I was amazed at the craftsmanship and detail of the new transmission. I was also impressed with the new F9 offset front axle. These F9 axles look great under the new chassis kit design.

Great job designing the motor skid plate. I noticed at full compression, the motor skid is nicely tucked right in between the links as low as it could possibly be without any signs of hangups.

I really like the new body design with the half-cab. And I believe the newly designed plastic bumpers will perform a ton better.

I’ve owned my VS4-10 since the first pre-orders of 2018. I have to say it is by far the most capable rig that I own. It is very well balanced and very predictable. So with that being said, I can only imagine how much greater this new Pro version will be.

I read the write up and review from Carter Fab & Machine on FB about the new VFD.. It is a great review and they spent a few months putting it through some hefty abuse. I would recommend everyone go check out that write up.

Thanks Brandon and the VP Team for all the time and effort to make this new version such a beautiful work of art!

Oh, and one other thing, try to talk Josh into bringing his rig with him next year to Team KNK TTC7 and run the courses! It is truly one of the best comps on the east side of the USA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:31 PM   #233
RCC Addict

I would just be happy if I could buy a set of VP 2.2 Method 105s in black. They have been out of stock everywhere for far too long.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:53 AM   #234
Rock Stacker

A VS410 Pro package with D44s would be my ideal - I never did love the F9 style on a scale truck but I might just have to get over it. No way there'd ever be two SKUs with different axle options right?

Truck looks killer though otherwise - between this and seeing mikesrch's Enduro dominate Corona Del Mar this past Sunday it looks like two trucks are in my future.
jessedacri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:49 AM   #235
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
What axles would you like to see?

The freedom of machining all these different axle styles is refreshing coming from my previous position. Tooling for a properly designed axle is not cheap. Therefore sacrifices have to be made on a molded axle to plan for the future and fit many applications. This can result in a potentially less than ideal layout that Vanquish is not ready to provide as a product.

We talk about this all the time. Plastic axles are not out of the question, just needs have the same R&D put into them that we put into the VFD transmission.

Awesome to know that you guys will listen! An offset front axle in plastic is my primary want. I’d like to be able to get a front /rear set, with necessary front driveshafts for sub $100. I’d feel more comfortable abusing a plastic set than a set of those lovely machined D44’s, F9’s, or Rock Jock’s. I like the D44 as it’s a modest look, but I’d be happy with whatever style works out best.
I don’t have any input on future proofing the tooling investment.

Last edited by txbart; 06-11-2019 at 05:51 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:56 AM   #236
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessedacri View Post
A VS410 Pro package with D44s would be my ideal - I never did love the F9 style on a scale truck but I might just have to get over it. No way there'd ever be two SKUs with different axle options right?

Truck looks killer though otherwise - between this and seeing mikesrch's Enduro dominate Corona Del Mar this past Sunday it looks like two trucks are in my future.
F9s are actually scale. It's a copy of the Currie F9 axle for 1:1 off roaders.

https://www.currieenterprises.com/f9...h-axle-builder

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
brian.brigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:00 AM   #237
I wanna be Dave

Pretty sure he knows that, just saying it looks a bit much. I agree they look more at home on a trophy truck.
Just o-"pinion" ;)

But that said, Aaron Kaufmann used them on his scout build for king of hammers... And it was a half cab... Hint hint wink wink
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:23 AM   #238
Rock Crawler

I to would like to see the D44s just something about the look of them. I also must agree the F9s look slightly out of place but still works.

Brandon is there any pictures of the original body sitting on this Pro chassis???
Curious to see how it sits around the new bumpers. I am not a fan of the half cab and was looking for some ideas with the original body.
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:52 AM   #239

Quote:
This trans looks great, I certainly commend VP on thinking outside the box on layout and achieving such a useful piece. I never cared for the original VS410, but I think the Pro is gonna get my money. Excellent work to everyone involved.
My thoughts exactly! It now has enough innovation to pique my interest. I may just buy a VS4-10 Pro for a fall/winter build.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:54 AM   #240
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Awesome to know that you guys will listen! An offset front axle in plastic is my primary want. I’d like to be able to get a front /rear set, with necessary front driveshafts for sub $100. I’d feel more comfortable abusing a plastic set than a set of those lovely machined D44’s, F9’s, or Rock Jock’s. I like the D44 as it’s a modest look, but I’d be happy with whatever style works out best.
I don’t have any input on future proofing the tooling investment.
If SSD can make a pumpkin out of plastic available... Im pretty sure it wouldnt be to hard for vanquish to release a similar product.

Gears already exsist.. So i dont wanna hear the "it will take a year to design"

A plastic option is nice.. But will the price be nice too?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Whats up their sleeve ? VP - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's up their sleeve ? Frank211 General Scale Talk 15 04-19-2019 05:09 PM
Why Sleeve Linkage??? RTR104 Tires and Wheels 4 08-02-2018 10:05 AM
Something up my sleeve ubbb69 1.9 Scale Rigs 19 03-26-2010 02:36 PM
Nitro Sleeve Removal foxridersco05 Non Crawler RC's 13 12-23-2009 11:11 PM