Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: RC4WD Trail Finder Truck Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #141
Pebble Pounder

Ya, ah, still no replacement parts here. You guys need to work on this say you're gonna do something and never do it thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4wd View Post

Those much needed replacement parts for Trail Finder are finally done. We will start shipping later on this week to all previous Trail Finder owners. No need to email us, we keep track of all orders & addresses in our database.
crawleR07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #142
Pebble Pounder

Any of you other guys get these parts yet???
Old 07-29-2008, 05:23 AM   #143

Hello everybody,

a few days ago my trail finder kit arrived!

Everything is nice, but just two things I would like to note:

1. the frame width is smaller than the leaf spring mount width of my D40 axles. I have to use lots of washers and to bend the frame spring holders to mount the springs. :-( Is this normal?

2. the body mounts do not match my Hilux Body. It seems that I have the "old" ones. But as posted by RC4WD in this thread, they are working already on this issue and will send replacement parts to every trail owner.
Besides these findings the rest looks really great! But the first run has to wait a little bit: My newborn son dont want to work on the car....

kind regards

Gene
Gene_Sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:32 AM   #144
I wanna be Dave

Gene_Sox, please send us an email. Along with your order #, we will try to send you the free upgrade parts

crawleR07, make sure email us again if you havnt got it

We didnt get enough made, we are still working on it to get more available
rc4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #145
RCC Addict

I only recently came across the Trail Finder chassis kit on the RC4wd webpage, taken a look at this thread and I'm still interested in the chassis kit as a potential next build.

However, I was wondering if these new updated parts would be included with future orders? If so, when would they be included or replaced within the kits?

Also, the other build issues that others have come across, is it something w/ the way they built it or is there still small issues w/ the kit that exist?

Last edited by Nerve; 07-29-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #146
Pebble Pounder

The kit would go together fine if theyd send the replacement parts, ordered my kit in may, got it the end of june, and still don't have the promised replacement parts.....its nice but dont plan on finishing it quickly
Old 07-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #147
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawleR07 View Post
The kit would go together fine if theyd send the replacement parts, ordered my kit in may, got it the end of june, and still don't have the promised replacement parts.....its nice but dont plan on finishing it quickly
Yeah I wasn't going to be in a rush to build it or get it ready. It would give me something to do after boating season is over with. Hang tight, im sure you will eventually get your parts.

Which is why I would rather wait a month or two before ordering if the updated parts would be ready to go by then and then place the order when the parts are fully compatible.

I need something new. Building is more fun then driving.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #148

i just got my shipping confomation on my kit from rc4wd can't wait. my hilux kit came in a month ago so I've been looking at a finished body and no chassis, I'm hoping not to have as many issues as you guys did with assembly :-( the 11inch wb concerns me my body mesurs at 12 inches? did that work out for you guys? I'd love to see some finished picks.
toytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #149
Quarry Creeper

heres mine
JEFF THE JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #150

looks awesome! can't wait!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #151
I wanna be Dave

Nerve, all truck that are shipped this week will have the latest setup.

Making enough chassis is still an issue, so we dont really ship much chassis only yet. Hopefully things will get better within 1-2 weeks.
rc4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:59 AM   #152
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4wd View Post
Nerve, all truck that are shipped this week will have the latest setup.

Making enough chassis is still an issue, so we dont really ship much chassis only yet. Hopefully things will get better within 1-2 weeks.

Awesome! Thanks for the update on the kit status.

I'll be checking out this thread from time to time over the next month and see about any further status updates.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:01 AM   #153
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF THE JET View Post
heres mine
Yeah anytime you want to box that up and send it my way ........
Old 07-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #154
Pebble Pounder

I emailed rc4wd for the replacement parts and they say "you can use the original radio tray just use some spacers." I didn't spend $500 to have to fill the thing full of washers just to make it work right, what a crock.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #155

Strange !!!!!!!, i ask for the same question, and respons was : "We will send you those parts next few days, include a new front and rear mounting plate, thanks" ( 07/22/200, so i wait for

Last edited by Orangemeca; 07-30-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Orangemeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:26 PM   #156

Hi everybody,

I think RC4WD team is doing its best. They are not Tamiya with a big factory for massware. They produce small series of great stuff. Think they got a few machines for making their parts and that need time. And for great handcrafted parts I will wait.

So we should not get angry just wait and give them their time.

Kind regards

Gene
Gene_Sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:09 PM   #157

This is what I am doing while waiting for my chassis to arrive....Name:  IMG_0813_2.JPG
Views: 538
Size:  43.9 KB
Old 07-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #158
Pebble Pounder

I don't have a problem waiting for quality parts its just the empty promises that they make on parts and shipping that bothers me, dont tell a customer that you are going to send out these necessary parts in a week or two and not do it. Dont write checks your a$$ cant cash, pretty universal theory. Don't just lie to people to shut them up, all I ask is for an honest response, regardless of the wait time. Great parts doesn't justify crappy service in my opinion
Old 07-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #159
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawleR07 View Post
I don't have a problem waiting for quality parts its just the empty promises that they make on parts and shipping that bothers me, dont tell a customer that you are going to send out these necessary parts in a week or two and not do it. Dont write checks your a$$ cant cash, pretty universal theory. Don't just lie to people to shut them up, all I ask is for an honest response, regardless of the wait time. Great parts doesn't justify crappy service in my opinion
if you didnt trash the very people you chose to spend money with, and sound so confrontational, you may get better results. everyone else seems to get favorable responses, but all you do is complain and expect them to overnight YOUR parts
emaxxjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #160
Pebble Pounder

ya thats what i said, overnight