Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2018, 08:56 AM   #461
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

All good info guys! I appreciate it. My whole goal with this little rig is just to keep something on hand if I see a cool little rock pile or park. This sounds like the ticket!

@colbynobo - Rig looks good!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2018, 09:41 AM   #462

Hello everyone! I've read this thread from start to finish, and am expecting delivery of an RTR and a kit version of the Barrage in the next couple of days. I own a couple of SCX10's, and they're fun, but there's something about the Barrage that intrigues me. This group has posted a tremendous amount of great information, and I hope to apply as many of the upgrades and performance-enhancing mods as make sense. The RTR is for my 8 year old daughter, and will likely get the body from the kit. This will probably get a pink paint job, with some unicorns and rainbows LOL. The kit will be my baby and will eventually end up with either a Unimog or Defender body. Can't wait to be part of the "Barrage" club!
Winerocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:26 PM   #463

Probablly already been covered but I just got a Doomsday and it's too fast. I want a smaller pinion gear. I thought I saw on here that Amazon sold a set ranging from 11t-17t. 48pitch. I cant find them. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
Yankee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #464
RCC Addict

12t to 14t will probably be a good start. 10t is to small and motor doesn't have the room to get any gear mesh. I've seen them on eBay. I search for 1/18 48p pinion gears
hillbillyrc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:31 PM   #465
Quarry Creeper

Or maybe if you're still using the provided radio, switch to a better one that has exponential adjustment ... helps a lot for throttle control.
tuxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:16 PM   #466
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxstang View Post
Or maybe if you're still using the provided radio, switch to a better one that has exponential adjustment ... helps a lot for throttle control.
Its been known the barrage is geared wrong out of the box. The 60t/16t combo will burn up the motor. Which has happened to my stock motor. Cause of the trans being bulky in all the wrong places the motor can't shift to get the sought after ratio of 6 like a 60t/10t combo would give. It needs to be re geared first.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:24 AM   #467
Quarry Creeper

While waiting for a new spool and material for new links, started working on the Bratrage ...

Wheels were found on Thingiverse => https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2690074
Tires will be SDI Scale Doctors => Scale Doctor 1,9 scale tire (v2) - Scale Designs International
tuxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #468
I wanna be Dave

checked out that site for the tires, pretty sweet! never seen those before.

another long-term ownership report, my son's barrage has been going since august with only a couple of issues. very minor, and fully expected.
- servo
original bit the dust early on, i had a spare full size on hand with the same spline count. easy fix with some spacers to push it away from the mounts for rear clearance. worked like a charm! still tons of travel with bumpstops cut in half and battery tray bracket flipped.

- front upper link "wishbone" ball socket
threaded end pulled out from the plastic on the link side, the single ball was just hanging there out of the diff, front was flopping around when my son said "dad why does my truck have camber???" lol
re-installed with some blue thread-loc... watching if it happens again it will get gorilla glue. (most likely will happen again)

other than that, little truck has been going strong! its only had maybe a dozen (stock 900mah) packs through it. i probably will re-gear it to slow it down, especially when i eventually move to lipo (2s) just because every other truck i own is lipo, and i only have a nimh charger for this thing (the wall wart it comes with is ridiculous and i went to the LHS on day ONE to remedy that, along with swapping to deans).

oh and its got 1.55 pit bull growlers on gear head wheels. GREAT tire, reduced OD size slightly for clearance, but still able to get over stuff that would challenge a tire any smaller. (duh) highly recommended, the growlers are a great visual and performance upgrade!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:50 AM   #469
I wanna be Dave

Was looking at specs on this again this morning. Is the ESC in the kit LiPo capable?

Sorry - Never-mind, I found it.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:07 PM   #470
I wanna be Dave

Welp, welcome me to the Barrage club boys and squirrels! Just found one on Ebay that was run three times and owner did not care for it. $150.00 shipped to my door. The MODS will begin immediately!
Old 02-13-2018, 02:04 PM   #471
I wanna be Dave

Ok. Getting my parts and upgrade list together. Couple questions. Is there a 4 link kit readily available? If not, does anyone have the specs on lengths and rod ends? Also, I've searched for the HSP spool lockers. The only place I found them was a hobby shop in AU, and it doesn't look like they ship international. Any other compatible lockers that will fit in the diffs? Lastly, planning on going up to the 390 motor. Looks like it requires the KIT version motor plate? Or, can the RTR version be made to work?
Old 02-13-2018, 05:12 PM   #472
RCC Addict

The doomsday axle housings have a built in upper 4 link mount.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:52 PM   #473
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyrc View Post
The doomsday axle housings have a built in upper 4 link mount.

Thanks hillbillyrc - I've been pouring through all the threads here and every where else I can find info. So, if I order the doomsday housings, it sounds like I get the upper 4 link mount, outboarded shocks (at least on the axle housing). Do the axle lengths from the RTR work with the doomsday housings? From what i'm reading, it seems like the doomsday housings are wider and they've done away with the hex wideners?
Old 02-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #474
RCC Addict

I believe From a search I did for a thread in the losi mini crawler section the doomsday did get rid of the long stub shaft and wide hex. Also the rock finders on the bottom of the axle. And went to a different link mount that has both lower and shock in one instead of two different lime the og barrage.

Everything else should work tho so new doomsday axle shafts and housings that would be it. You could even get upper links and finish off the retro fit.

This might help
https://www.amainhobbies.com/ecx-bar...y-parts/c11487

Last edited by hillbillyrc; 02-13-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:31 PM   #475
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I believe From a search I did for a thread in the losi mini crawler section the doomsday did get rid of the long stub shaft and wide hex. Also the rock finders on the bottom of the axle. And went to a different link mount that has both lower and shock in one instead of two different lime the og barrage.

Everything else should work tho so new doomsday axle shafts and housings that would be it. You could even get upper links and finish off the retro fit.

This might help
https://www.amainhobbies.com/ecx-bar...y-parts/c11487
Awesome - I checked out your AX10 Trans and motor mod too on youtube!

I've got an AX10 trans just sitting around and an HH Torquemaster

Gonna need to make that happen. I think I'm going to try and make an aluminum adapter plate that mounts to the bottom of the AX Trans and then holes in it to interface with the Barrage skid.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:34 PM   #476
RCC Addict

That's not me. I'm not that hillbilly.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:46 PM   #477
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That's not me. I'm not that hillbilly.

Dang - what are the odds? Anyway, thanks again for the info. Once I start tearing in to this thing i'll post some updates and progress pics.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #478
RCC Addict

Someone had mentioned it a while back. I checked him out and I've been on here longer then he has been on youtube. So I consider myself the original. Lmao.

I am running a 540 motor and an old school rc4wd r2 trans for an ax10 but not in stock location that would be easy I'm doing it as a front mount with a transfer case.
The link in my Sig is my build. Tho I got hit by photobucket so to view anything you would need the fix First.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:52 AM   #479
I wanna be Dave

Ok - won't have this little rig in my hands until next week. Does anyone know if an SCX10 style skid will drop in to this chassis? If it won't "drop in", can someone get me dimensions on the stock skid for the barrage?
Old 02-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #480
RCC Addict

I'm not sure the width of the scx10 skid. I do know the the bumper mounts fit with a little filing work. If I get a chance I can measure the barrage skid since mine is torn down to nothing at the moment.