Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #2541
RCC Addict

will you have your 3 cell lipos in stock anytime soon?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #2542
Quarry Creeper

Could I run Your ESC (Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster BR-XL) with Titan 10t 775 on 3s?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #2543
RCC Addict

Question ? Schottky diodes ?

Hey John,

I am finally going to put my 45 t TorqueMaster Pro 540 into my rig. I forgot I had to put Schottky diodes on my 55 t Integy. I have a Novak Rooster Crawler ESC. They show they are required on all Brushed motors. I was just checking before I put it together. I am waiting on your response and look forward to it. Thank you in advance and for the top quality products you provide to all of us.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #2544
I wanna be Dave

I just recently received my 400 16t slotted motor and put them in and they have less power then my 35t hh motor. They also seem to have more power in reverse then forward.This is with a 3s battery and dual fxrs. Do u got any suggestion why I'm having this problem.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #2545
Quarry Creeper

Default tourque master mini

Hey John, just wondering if you could tell me if a mongoose esc can run your tm mini motor. I got one of each in two seperate trades. The mongoose esc came as a combo with the novak brushless 18.5. Just lookin for some advice on what motor might work better in a MRC based TCS mini edge.
Thanks
Ron
Old 03-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #2546
Rock Stacker

Hey John i just bought your 33t mini (missing stickers guy lol) i just have a question....i bought a mamba 25 that has a CC BEC attached to the the battery leads already. I was going to pull the BEC for the time being but my question is on one of the 3 prong plugs coming off of the 25 the previous owner cut back the red wire from the plug so the plug just houses the yellow and brown, the previous owner hasn't responded yet do you know he might have done this? lol
Old 03-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #2547
Quarry Creeper

Default crawlmaster 540's

How many mags are in the cans on these? I didn't see it on the website anywhere. And how is the drag break compared to torque masters?
Old 03-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #2548
Quarry Creeper

Happy Birthday JRH!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:31 AM   #2549
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyf View Post
will you have your 3 cell lipos in stock anytime soon?
We are working on getting more in soon. I don't have an estimated time frame though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmo120 View Post
Could I run Your ESC (Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster BR-XL) with Titan 10t 775 on 3s?
The last guy that tried smoked the ESC, so I would say no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV KRAWLER View Post
Hey John,

I am finally going to put my 45 t TorqueMaster Pro 540 into my rig. I forgot I had to put Schottky diodes on my 55 t Integy. I have a Novak Rooster Crawler ESC. They show they are required on all Brushed motors. I was just checking before I put it together. I am waiting on your response and look forward to it. Thank you in advance and for the top quality products you provide to all of us.
Hit you back via email. Diodes are only used on forward only ESCs, you will not need to install them. Interference caps are already installed on my TM Pro motor, so you are good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep View Post
I just recently received my 400 16t slotted motor and put them in and they have less power then my 35t hh motor. They also seem to have more power in reverse then forward.This is with a 3s battery and dual fxrs. Do u got any suggestion why I'm having this problem.

Thanks
They do have less power than 540 motors, they are much smaller. If you have more power in reverse (more speed too?) then the timing may be slightly off. Otherwise it may be a setting on your speed control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorZepol View Post
Hey John, just wondering if you could tell me if a mongoose esc can run your tm mini motor. I got one of each in two seperate trades. The mongoose esc came as a combo with the novak brushless 18.5. Just lookin for some advice on what motor might work better in a MRC based TCS mini edge.
Thanks
Ron
I don't know much about the mongoose, sorry. I would think it would work just fine though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytjsux View Post
Hey John i just bought your 33t mini (missing stickers guy lol) i just have a question....i bought a mamba 25 that has a CC BEC attached to the the battery leads already. I was going to pull the BEC for the time being but my question is on one of the 3 prong plugs coming off of the 25 the previous owner cut back the red wire from the plug so the plug just houses the yellow and brown, the previous owner hasn't responded yet do you know he might have done this? lol
He did that to disable the internal BEC, but it sounds like he did it in a way that isn't easily fixable. You will need that BEC it sounds like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie01 View Post
How many mags are in the cans on these? I didn't see it on the website anywhere. And how is the drag break compared to torque masters?
The crawlmaster 540 has a standard two magnet can. They will have less drag as compared to a three slot motor, unless you are using one of my speed controllers with Holmes Hold mode engaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arct1k View Post
Happy Birthday JRH!
Thanks! I woke up with my left ear clogged and deaf. I am getting old!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #2550
I wanna be Dave

First off... Happy Birthday, John!

I got my motors in on friday and thank you for getting them to me in a timely manner. I intalled them and went to a comp on saturday and won.

I am experiencing a slight cog at a slow creep in my rear motor only. Do you have any ideas on how to smooth that out? I didn't have this on my Epic 40ts and this is my first ever pair of 35ts. I am running the 35Ts on dual FXRs, 4pk and 850 3s TP lipos.

I also thought the dyno readings were cool that you sent me. I assume the "1" motor goes up front and "2" goes in the rear. The "2" motor had just a hair more torque and eff reading than the "1" motor, though.

thank you
Old 03-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #2551

Since you didn't specify vehicle or timing they are both set to zero, so you can mount them either way you want. Ignore the efficiency, it doesn't calculate right for these particular motors.

What kind of cog do you mean? does the motor start and stop? It may be speed control or radio related if so. A good test would be to swap motors, or swap channels on your radio.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #2552
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Since you didn't specify vehicle or timing they are both set to zero, so you can mount them either way you want. Ignore the efficiency, it doesn't calculate right for these particular motors.

What kind of cog do you mean? does the motor start and stop? It may be speed control or radio related if so. A good test would be to swap motors, or swap channels on your radio.

I specified berg with zero timing

When I say cog it's a start and stop type of thing. I just can't get a super smooth crawl like I could with less winds (my 40t). I also forgot to mention that I'm using 12-tooth pinions.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #2553

See if swapping channels with your ESCs makes the issue go to the front. That will narrow it down a bit.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #2554
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
See if swapping channels with your ESCs makes the issue go to the front. That will narrow it down a bit.

I had some time to try this on my lunch break and the problem didn't relocate itself.

It's not major cogging, but the front motor won't do it just the rear. My mesh is the same front and back. I like for it to be "proper" as I don't crank down the mesh.

With the front motor I can give slight throttle input and get the motor to hum, then the next step is a slow smooth rotation. With the rear I give slight throttle input to get the motor hum, and then it slightly rotates but it isn't a smooth rotation. I can get it to do this in dig or 4wd. I calibrated my FXR's at the same time after I installed the motors.

Maybe I am nitpicking but it's just something that I have never noticed before.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #2555

Take the motor out and see if you can notice it when turning the motor over by hand. It could be a segment of the comm sticking on a brush. Otherwise there may be something else going on and I will need to take a look at it.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #2556

hey....iv been trying to set up an account on the website to place an order but it wont let me.....is it me or the site?
Old 03-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #2557

You would be the first with that issue, so my assumption is it may be you or your web browser.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #2558
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Take the motor out and see if you can notice it when turning the motor over by hand. It could be a segment of the comm sticking on a brush. Otherwise there may be something else going on and I will need to take a look at it.

I pulled the rear motor this morning and I couldn't notice anything out of the norm when I turned it by hand. I also pulled the front motor and checked it too just to be sure and it felt just like the rear.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #2559

That is very strange. It is possible that there is some irregularity in the motor that is causing it, although I cannot say what it could be. Did you get them in a matched pair?

If you hook them both up to the same ESC in parallel, maybe it will lend a clue on what is going on. Try to start them up really slowly while out of the rig under no load. Maybe the rear motor will show the same startup issue?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #2560
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That is very strange. It is possible that there is some irregularity in the motor that is causing it, although I cannot say what it could be. Did you get them in a matched pair?

If you hook them both up to the same ESC in parallel, maybe it will lend a clue on what is going on. Try to start them up really slowly while out of the rig under no load. Maybe the rear motor will show the same startup issue?

Yes they were a matched pair. I copied this from my order.

TorqueMaster Pro 540 Handwound
Options: Wind: 35t Matched Pair (5mm web)
Brush installation: Bolted
Timing: 0 - berg
hood: Standup
fat pack: Standard
Custom wind:
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM