Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #2461
Quarry Creeper

John, I picked up a sidewinder to run in my honcho. I'm having a problem with it glitching when I turn right at low or now throttle. I'm running a 2s pack with the stock honcho servo. Would a bec eliminate this glitch, or should I look elsewhere to find the problem?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2011, 06:00 AM   #2462
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

That does sound like a BEC would help. Give one a shot!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #2463
Rock Crawler

Default your new sensored revolver

I havent finished building my XR10. Buying esc. and motors will be my last step. I would love nothing more than make this brushless. Everything fom my micro rally to my e- maxx is brushless. If you are not selling sensored revolvers in the next few months would you recommend me buying 2 goats and upgrading to your motors later? Any recomendations would be greatly recomended.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #2464
Rock Crawler

Default cobalt puller 454

if brushless in an xr10 isn't feasable do you see puller 454 in a xr10?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #2465
Pebble Pounder

Default using a replacement armature

I have a new speed gems 9T motor I'll never use, and was wondering if I could drop in a replacement torquemaster pro 540 35T armature?

Last edited by marvinbeaverdip; 01-19-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: goof
Old 01-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #2466
RCC Addict

hey man its lee sorry about not talking to youll for so long some shit came up back in the day and i had to take a brake from crawling but i missed youll so im back. well man i still got that X-caliber 1650mah 3s lipo that i got off you at that Ok comp couple years ago well man i need a blancer that will work with it i still have not even put a set of deans on that battery yet its like new still i wanted to use it now but dont know what lipo blancer to use with them thanks
Old 01-21-2011, 05:13 AM   #2467

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinbeaverdip View Post
I have a new speed gems 9T motor I'll never use, and was wondering if I could drop in a replacement torquemaster pro 540 35T armature?
If you get the team version with the 7.5mm comm diameter, it will fit. Pick up one of these http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...&cat=23&page=1 and specify it is for a speed gems can. I hav a whole pile of em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushlessnut View Post
hey man its lee sorry about not talking to youll for so long some shit came up back in the day and i had to take a brake from crawling but i missed youll so im back. well man i still got that X-caliber 1650mah 3s lipo that i got off you at that Ok comp couple years ago well man i need a blancer that will work with it i still have not even put a set of deans on that battery yet its like new still i wanted to use it now but dont know what lipo blancer to use with them thanks
Any balancer will do, you need an XH/ align style. Been a while Hope all is well

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm0688 View Post
if brushless in an xr10 isn't feasable do you see puller 454 in a xr10?
Certainly! They don't have as much power as a 540, but they build up nice and light.

Quote:
I havent finished building my XR10. Buying esc. and motors will be my last step. I would love nothing more than make this brushless. Everything fom my micro rally to my e- maxx is brushless. If you are not selling sensored revolvers in the next few months would you recommend me buying 2 goats and upgrading to your motors later? Any recomendations would be greatly recomended.
I should be getting more prototypes after the chinese new year, and until then you could certainly do that. Another option would be Mamba Pro's with a Tekin or your preferred brand of inrunner. I have some 17.5 tekin motors here that are very good for MOA conversions. The Mamba Pro is my favorite sensored ESC cost and feature wise. The Tekin RS controllers are my favorite for small footprint, but they cost quite a bit.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #2468
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
If you get the team version with the 7.5mm comm diameter, it will fit. Pick up one of these http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...&cat=23&page=1 and specify it is for a speed gems can. I hav a whole pile of em.
Thanks. Is it just the wound arm, or do they come with new brushes, washers, and springs like team brood packages theirs with? Is there a discernible difference between 7.5mm and 10mm comms and performance?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #2469

The armature is just an armature, I can include washers for you. There are brushes and springs available as well, listed in the 540 parts in the replacement part section.

The 10mm comm is slightly slower, but wears longer and gives better low end control. I don't think it will fit in your endbell.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #2470
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
The armature is just an armature, I can include washers for you. There are brushes and springs available as well, listed in the 540 parts in the replacement part section.

The 10mm comm is slightly slower, but wears longer and gives better low end control. I don't think it will fit in your endbell.
OK, I ordered it this morning, and it's not like I don't have extra brushes and springs lying around. If you could toss some washers in that would be great. I realized after I placed the order that I was going to get a small sticker too, so I could put it on the can. Mainly so I don't forget later what's in it.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #2471

No sweat, I will take care of it!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #2472
Rock Crawler

Default brushless

would you please give an update of your build of your sensored outrunner? The MMPro is very nice. The only problom I have is how to fit 2 in a XR10? Spending $300 for a Tekin brushless set is a no go. I have been super impressed with my other brushless set ups but not $600 nice. Its an XR10.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #2473

I don't have any update right now. Last I heard we were waiting on magnets to be made (they are custom for this motor), and we were flirting with the chinese new year interrupting the next round of prototyping.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #2474
Rock Crawler

Default opinion

I guess you are not impressed with the Novak Goat or the Associated brushless systems.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #2475
Pebble Pounder

Default Determining Maximum Current Draw ?

John, Is there a formula to determine the current draw?
XR10, single Tekin FX-R, Fantom Blitz 55 Turn motors, HiTec 7950 Servo, CC BEC, Punk 3D DIG.
pinckbrown
Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #2476
Quarry Creeper

Hey I am looking for springs for a 7t puller, I looked on your web site and you were outta stock.
Any ideas
Thanks
Klay
Old 01-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #2477

Quote:
I guess you are not impressed with the Novak Goat or the Associated brushless systems.
The Novak motors are good, but I haven't been a fan of the ESCs for many years now. The brushless can't do sensoreless mode, and the brushed controllers don't have passive braking. They certainly work, but just aren't my thing. No experience with LRP/ associated parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinckbrown View Post
John, Is there a formula to determine the current draw?
XR10, single Tekin FX-R, Fantom Blitz 55 Turn motors, HiTec 7950 Servo, CC BEC, Punk 3D DIG.
pinckbrown
There is not, but I can tell you that a battery that will take 25 amps continous should be just fine. I would use a 1300 35c pack in 3s since it fits right in the battery slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaygrover View Post
Hey I am looking for springs for a 7t puller, I looked on your web site and you were outta stock.
Any ideas
Thanks
Klay

I got a stack of em, I will update the site for you.

Constantmotion- looks like that motor is shot!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #2478
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The Novak motors are good, but I haven't been a fan of the ESCs for many years now. The brushless can't do sensoreless mode, and the brushed controllers don't have passive braking. They certainly work, but just aren't my thing. No experience with LRP/ associated parts.

There is not, but I can tell you that a battery that will take 25 amps continous should be just fine. I would use a 1300 35c pack in 3s since it fits right in the battery slot.

I got a stack of em, I will update the site for you.

Constantmotion- looks like that motor is shot!

Thanks Mr. Holmes for all your experience. I liked my Goat in my LCC quite a bit but my decision is final except for the ordering. I am ordering 1300mAH from you and a matched set of 45 turns. If I decide after awhile that I don't like brushed I can always get some brushless later. Since almost Everybody uses brushed I am sure they will be great. Maybe you NEW outrunners will be out by then. AGAIN THANKS FOR ANSWERING ALL MY WHINY QUESTIONS.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #2479

Novak has great customer support and has done well to cater to crawlers. Don't let my opinions sway you too much.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #2480
Pebble Pounder

I apologize in advance for such a "stupid" question. Pretty new to RC so forgive the ignorance. I picked up a Torquemaster 540 off of here and I'm getting ready to wire it up. Am I correct in stating that the postive wire runs to the tab next to the red screw and the negative wire to the tab near the black screw? Again I apologize for the question
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM