Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #6861
RCC Addict

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
I will say this though, my awful driving Sunday was a friggin riot!!! I've got the bug big time.
This sunday Trey! I have to change out my bearings and figure out how to mount my body back on.

Also, For anyone interested.. I just got word that Friday nights is when the action happens at LITH Hobbytown. I might go check it out to see what's happenin'.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #6862
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
This sunday Trey! I have to change out my bearings and figure out how to mount my body back on.

Also, For anyone interested.. I just got word that Friday nights is when the action happens at LITH Hobbytown. I might go check it out to see what's happenin'.
Well, depending on what Jason wants to do... I can do Foster, but I could come out to LitH for awhile too (assuming I get parts to fix truck by Friday).
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #6863
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
4wheel buggy was my favorite, but it was never a big draw.
Man, I want a Kyosho Gallop/MKII! I had a chance to buy a first gen here on RCC but bought a damn foamy flying boat instead... which I crashed (haven't fixed) on my first open sky flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD 1 View Post
Talking about speed, took my JET boat back to the lake and talking about slow and getting kind of boared i decided to go home and low and behold my NEW toy was waiting for me!
You are BAD 1! Damn pimp walking amongst us!
I always wanted a boat but didn't want to pay for it in case I got bored, the Tear Into is... just getting my feet wet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
Not gonna lie, I want one but after my horrendous driving on Sunday I doubt the chassis would help me much. I will say this though, my awful driving Sunday was a friggin riot!!! I've got the bug big time.
I can see my self spending big money on a SCT because of how competitive it is... but I can't make the races. I bought the Slash because I'm not racing... just bashing the hell out of a Traxxas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
Well, depending on what Jason wants to do... I can do Foster, but I could come out to LitH for awhile too (assuming I get parts to fix truck by Friday).
I can definitely do Foster!
I want to see these boats run and try out the winch.

What's the time frame here? I'd really like to check out LITH... but not sure how early I can get oiut there, before 12.

So, I over heated on 3s... move down to 2s and keep pinion/spur or reduce pinion to 13t/12t and run 3s?... bashing.

johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #6864
Scale Detail Engineering

one more!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #6865

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
one more!
Dam Johnny it's not even Friday yet. Keep um coming.
BAD 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #6866
Pebble Pounder

Anyone coming down to Palos on Saturday?
gottwins? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:22 AM   #6867
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
So, I over heated on 3s... move down to 2s and keep pinion/spur or reduce pinion to 13t/12t and run 3s?... bashing.
What motor? I'm running 54/14 on a 3700kv Novak 550 motor on 2S or 3S; its about right either way.

As far as LiTH and Foster. Dunno last time we were at LitH we got together about 11. Foster I had kinda said about 2-3 as I have a party at 5; just enough time to toss the boat in and see what it does sorta thing.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #6868

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
Anyone coming down to Palos on Saturday?
i am planning on it, but just got hit with a ton of work yesterday. i dont want to say i am in for sure and then bail last minute like the last time.

but so far, yes i am planning on coming down saturday. after the comp prolly take the gf to the outlet malls in aurora.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #6869

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chatp

Quote:
Well, I'm at the track on a raceday any nobody's here. 1 guy just working on his truck doing a test & tune and a few people in the store.

I spoke to the owner (nice guy) and he says that it's hit or miss.. Last saturday there was 10 drivers on the track and it was a ball he said. Other days.. Nothing.
He's seriously considering changing race days from WED, FRI & SAT to only Fridays to draw a larger crowd or atleast gather them all together on the only day of racing.

It's going to cost $500 atleast to be competitive in a stock sct class. Basically, stock means you can do anything you want to the truck.. Anything except you have to run 2s hardcase lipo and your limited to 17.5 BL or you can run brushed. The SC10 RS Brushless, Slash 2WD VXL, etc.. Out of the box are too fast for stock class and need to be de-tuned. But, you can put together a sick ass Factory Team SC10 carbon fiber & aluminum everything as long as it meets the motor & battery requirments.

That sounds good and all but, I'm going to wait a while to see how it goes before I put a track specific truck together.

In conclusion, no racing for me for now.. Maybe someday. I'm still going to have fun at the track for practice here and there.
i wish i lived closer... the sound of a track pretty much all to yourself is awesome! not really interested in racing unless it was a spec class or a vintage buggy class. but it sure is fun to just run laps.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #6870
I wanna be Dave

Zero

Have you played at the track by your house? Are they close to the same?
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #6871
Pebble Pounder

Just got a set of rockbeast pit bulls in a trade. They look killer, how do the perform?
gottwins? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #6872
Rock Crawler

My son and I have done so racing at the track in stream wood nice little track and the owner Parnell is a great guy. Only thing is it is just a track no hobby store, so unlike lith if you break something you can't buy a part on site. But the track it self is well groomed and lots of traction. Because it is just a track they have kinda weird hours. My son and I went there Sunday to do some racing but it was closed. The sing posting the hours said it was open but it was not..
S ARR T 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #6873
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by S ARR T 8 View Post
My son and I have done so racing at the track in stream wood nice little track and the owner Parnell is a great guy. Only thing is it is just a track no hobby store, so unlike lith if you break something you can't buy a part on site. But the track it self is well groomed and lots of traction. Because it is just a track they have kinda weird hours. My son and I went there Sunday to do some racing but it was closed. The sing posting the hours said it was open but it was not..

hmm

how can we find out I would love to get over there with my daughter.

Chris Let me know when you wanna start messing with that BMX then will have our own free track.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #6874
Rock Crawler

It's called rc raceway google it and you can find there site it tells the hours on the bottom of the page. They charge 10 bucks to practice or race. I'm ready to hit the bmx track when ever your ready
S ARR T 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #6875
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by S ARR T 8 View Post
It's called rc raceway google it and you can find there site it tells the hours on the bottom of the page. They charge 10 bucks to practice or race. I'm ready to hit the bmx track when ever your ready

All right

I can't this weekend my Daughter B-Day. maybe next weekend
Old 08-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #6876
RCC Addict

SO I semi solved the problem with the cogging on my EXO. Called Castle Support and they gave me a handful of things that could be wrong, none of which helped. So after downrevving my software i plugged every thing back it and it was fine. Then I realized the BEC was disconnected so I pulled the red ESC wire, plugged in the BEC and the cogging was back. Looks like I will have to get a bypass cable made to run the BEC straight to the Servo.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #6877
RCC Addict

Theres a good chance I'll be at the LITH track Friday @ 6:30pm - whenever.. to see some racin'! I heard that is the day to go incase anyone is interested.

Edit: also, I was thinking about setting up "Day Comps" where we can go out there and score competitions for daily events just for fun. Like, we'll all go out on a sunday with the sled (if its ok with Trey) and do a bunch of pulls and hang out, we'll keep scores to determine the winner of the day. We can do other types of events similar to whats in a TTC but, just single events daily and compete. Get it?

Basically, I was thinking about just planning an event, setting a date and whoever can make it can make it and we'll go from there. I think it'll be a fun way to GTG. Stay tuned for more info..

Last edited by Die-Laughing; 08-02-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #6878
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post
Zero

Have you played at the track by your house? Are they close to the same?
Yes. The indoor course at LitH is very similar, or visa versa, to the one by my place. I just don't know if the one by my place is open or not!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #6879
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Edit: also, I was thinking about setting up "Day Comps" where we can go out there and score competitions for daily events just for fun. Like, we'll all go out on a sunday with the sled (if its ok with Trey) and do a bunch of pulls and hang out, we'll keep scores to determine the winner of the day. We can do other types of events similar to whats in a TTC but, just single events daily and compete. Get it?
Good idea!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #6880
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes. The indoor course at LitH is very similar, or visa versa, to the one by my place. I just don't know if the one by my place is open or not!
630-246-9450
Hours: Monday & Tuesday Closed, Wednesday-Friday 4pm-8pm, Saturday 12pm-6pm Sunday 10am-pm
Race Days:
Wednesday & Friday at 7pm and Sunday at 12pm.

Quote:
Good idea!
x2

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame