Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #6901
RCC Addict

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Ok, I'm curious what works on carpet as well. My tires were traction rolling on the carpet too. Any kind of speed around a corner and it tumbled. Maybe something like a slick or smooth style tread so you can stay loose but, keep yourself planted. I'm sure my lack of suspension tuning knowledge had something to do with it. I'm curious to see if the swaybars will do anything.
Bar Codes would probably do best. Maybe some street fighters.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #6902
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I didnt tape mine. I dont think its really an issue with the sct tires & closed cell foams.
Didn't tape mine. Not even running on 3S.
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #6903
Rock Crawler

I wonder if it hurts to tape them, I wonder which is better.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #6904
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
I wonder if it hurts to tape them, I wonder which is better.
Probably not, but just more rotating mass but only just. I would think that most of the track tires, probably not worth it because on 2S, even 3S, you aren't geared that high so it shouldn't be an issue. Basher tires, might be useful if you don't want to have pizza cutters!

Jason, btw, I'm out for Sunday around 3... can get to LitH around 11 though but have to leave by about 3ish.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #6905
RCC Addict

Trey, its common for people with our system (2400kv/MMP) to bash on 4s and its capable of 5s. Maybe the tape will help you if you ever do that.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #6906
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Trey, its common for people with our system (2400kv/MMP) to bash on 4s and its capable of 5s. Maybe the tape will help you if you ever do that.
Technically it should be capable of 6S if you can fit them in.

I can see the 4S - higher voltage lower kv typically performs better as far as efficiency and heat in the motor. You can run a lower gear ratio of course by going from 3S to 4S; or obtain higher speeds at the current gearing.

I'm more than happy with the 3700kv on 3S. For me I personally chose this combo as I have a bunch of 3S batteries for use with the RC8Te; so for bashing I can easily toss them in either vehicle.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #6907
RCC Addict

Yeah.. 3s is fast as shit. I think that 2400kv motor is only rated to 5s so, thats why. Meh.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #6908
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yeah.. 3s is fast as shit. I think that 2400kv motor is only rated to 5s so, thats why. Meh.
Ah!
Old 08-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #6909
Rock Crawler

I went home on vaca took my jeep soo no room for RC ended up bout crying for one of the wraiths! I counted 4 fun lines 10 feet from to bottom. The bottom boulders start off at 3-4 ft and goes down from there. Next trip I'm taking one of my rigs!

WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #6910
RCC Addict

Nice

Ok, I'm going to the track tonight. Gonna watch some racing and try to take video to show you guys so you get AMPED up! Aparently racing picks up quite a bit in the colder months. I bit the bullet and picked up a used factory team sc10 2wd. Gonna see about getting down on some 2wd stock sct.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #6911
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Nice

Ok, I'm going to the track tonight. Gonna watch some racing and try to take video to show you guys so you get AMPED up! Aparently racing picks up quite a bit in the colder months. I bit the bullet and picked up a used factory team sc10 2wd. Gonna see about getting down on some 2wd stock sct.

Your a RC addict

Is LITH kinda close to you?
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #6912
Rock Crawler

I noticed you guys were talking about tires for LITH.

I asked on RCtech and was told to try the following indoor.

Buggy- green barcodes or hot bodies beams in pink. Aka or jc foam
Sc- supersoft wishbones, pressure points or bar codes

Outside on the carpet I would go with pins. Probably soft and a little firmer foam. Something soft enough not to bounce hard enough so the sidewall won't roll. With the pins on carpet your grip will-should be quite high. Maybe some DasBoots http://www.dboots.com/ Specialize in skins for astroturf???

Just remember I'm like the rest of you as far as knowledge. I'm hoping to hit the track for the first time in years next SAT!

Mental note I'm that scary noob, I know enough to be dangerouse but no enough experience to keep myself from looking like a idiot!

Last edited by WarTrader; 08-03-2012 at 11:42 AM.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #6913
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTrader View Post
...but no enough experience to keep myself from looking like a idiot!
Oh we all did last week! Except maybe Rick, who was doing well... and mostly me! So in good company.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #6914

I am going to bring Traxxas 2wd & LOSI 4x4 SCT's. I think i will bring SHOWTIME & Poncho to show the guys what i have been up to. Went to the lake with M G and MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this thing is FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Need a large body of water because the shore line comes up on you really FAST. TON's of FUN! Made a few changes and installed night running lights. There is a lake right across the street from LitH. Just thinking out loud?
Attached Images

BAD 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #6915

i'm torn on what to do this weekend... it sure would be nice to bust out the little rc10s and slash, but it would also be nice to run scale rigs in a new spot and meet some more of the scrc dudes.

the more i think about it the more i want to hit the track. i just checked their fb page and looked at the indoor track. WOW!
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #6916
Rock Crawler

I'm really excited to get back out there to LITH. I'm going to check out their tire options at the shop too. I think I'm going to try the JConcepts Bar Codes out. Lot's to do before Sunday...shock tuning, diff adjustments, bearing replacements, sway bar adjustments, ride height, need to paint my new body. I'll be ready.

Jason, I need you to come! I need someone that's done this to show me how to approach a jump. I just hit the damn thing and go flying...it hasn't worked out great so far. Ha.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #6917
Pebble Pounder

Let off the throttle a hair at the base of jump to preload full throttle at the top to unload. then use the throttle to adjust your in flight and landing angles. Doubles or triples are a tad different and involve more rhythm.
gottwins? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #6918
RCC Addict

Yea Jason! We need you there! Your supposed to have your scalers in pieces anyways! Lol

It'll be fun all racing together, like a gtg.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #6919

im not by any means any more knowledgeable than the rest of you... ive only went racing a few times.

but yeah, just let off the throttle for a spit second then gun it. if u nose dive in the air blip the throttle, if you nose up blip the brake.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #6920
RCC Addict

Also, remember with an SCT, if you get your nose up too much on a jump, the air will get I'm under your body and you will get some odd floating effect. As got twins said, it is a rhythm thing. You have to work to get you nose down after you launch to keep the air flow on top of the body.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame