Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #6881
Scale Detail Engineering

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
What motor? I'm running 54/14 on a 3700kv Novak 550 motor on 2S or 3S; its about right either way.
It's the VXL.
Right now I have my Rustler wheels on it... they may be taller than SC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
Just got a set of rockbeast pit bulls in a trade. They look killer, how do the perform?
I've had awesome results with the 2.2 XOR's... they work best with a soft foam that allows them to squish a little...imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Edit: also, I was thinking about setting up "Day Comps" where we can go out there and score competitions for daily events just for fun. Like, we'll all go out on a sunday with the sled (if its ok with Trey) and do a bunch of pulls and hang out, we'll keep scores to determine the winner of the day. We can do other types of events similar to whats in a TTC but, just single events daily and compete. Get it?

Basically, I was thinking about just planning an event, setting a date and whoever can make it can make it and we'll go from there. I think it'll be a fun way to GTG. Stay tuned for more info..
Do you mean in the LITH parking lot/property?
I bet a few racers would start building scalers!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #6882
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
It's the VXL.

I've had awesome results with the 2.2 XOR's... they work best with a soft foam that allows them to squish a little...imho.

Do you mean in the LITH parking lot/property?
I bet a few racers would start building scalers!
About 1/2 mike from ther is a stream crossing in a park that is all rock. Might work well. I will try to get some pics.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #6883
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
It's the VXL.
Actually I am sure they are. Most SC wheels are ~4.2" in diameter. I have no idea what the VXL's kv is, but check out script asylum (R/C Calculations) and plug in the numbers and I'd target about 30mph on 2S (i.e. 2S and 3.7nom).
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #6884

i changed my opinion on my slash...

the damn thing is fast! it will pull wheelies on my sidewalk on 3s and hual serious ass down the street.

the motor gets pretty warm on 3s, but its way too fast for the track on 3s anyway.

do you guys' slashes have slop at the wheels? im sure some fresh bearings would help but it seems at the knuckles & hubs there is some play. my alloy bellcranks seem to be the biggest culprit... i think i have the stock one ill put back in.

tempted to go to the track sunday. ;)
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #6885
RCC Addict

Let me know if you are going, I'll bring my EXO.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #6886
RCC Addict

Trey and I are going to the track sunday... Chris said something about maybe going, Jason maybe, Neil... Come on out to the track sunday!

Jason, I had a lot of slop in mine after I beat its ass.. Thought I blew the bearings. Took it apart, replaced all the bearings. Found out that its mostly slop in the tolerences of the plastic pieces. Mostly coming from the end of the front driveshafts, there is a little piece sticking out (the threaded stud that the wheel bolts to) that gets pinned to the plastic part of the driveshaft that was REAL sloppy, I wrapped a piece of electrical tape around it then jammed it back in the hole. Super tight but, we'll see how long it lasts. Then I went MIP's in the rear.

I replaced bearing, I rebuilt both diffs (30k front / 10k rear) rebuilt shocks (50w front / 35w rear) I have F/R sway bars to install. Im excited to hit the track!

Jason, we blasted through 2s & 3s packs all day.. Its fast but, not fast enough to not bring your 3s packs.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #6887
Rock Crawler

I'll go... If my parts arrive tomorrow! Jason go if you want we can do foster later!!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #6888
RCC Addict

Bring the boats to the track.. Theres water everywhere, we'll make a pit stop after the track to see what the boats can do.

Chris.. What parts are you waiting for?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #6889
Scale Detail Engineering

I'll go.

Jason, is yours a vxl?
I was actually expecting wheelies on 3s but didn't get them... I did end up rounding a wheel hex so that could have been the problem from the get go but I don't know for sure... I found it after my tyest run.

Shit, work is killing me!
I won a new client, Lancome.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #6890

WOW this slash4x4 is cool!
i cant believe how easy it breaks down.

one of my bellcrank centerlinks screws was almost backed all the way out. that got rid of alot of the slop, i bet it tracks a heck of alot better now too. it would creep one way or the other on throttle and dart one way or the other on brakes.

i am not planning on coming to the track on sunday, but who knows. did u guys find out what tires work best?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #6891
Rock Crawler

Well if everything goes well I'll be takinga SCTE with me in addition to my 22, and my xxx=sct. I do believe I will be concentrating mostly on the 22 and the SCTE.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #6892
RCC Addict

Jason, haven't really learned a lot about tires yet. I was kicking ass with hard compound proline calibers.. trey had the same tire but, I believe a different compound.. not sure what chris had. the track is really hard clay I believe.

Cool guys! if it's anything like last sunday, we'll have the place to ourselves!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #6893
Rock Crawler

I have the medium compound calibers. I don't have enough experience with tires either to give advice but it seems like a lot of racers on rcshortcourse.com use them. They seemed to work well on Sunday. I just got them because others say they're good.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #6894
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
I just got them because others say they're good.
Haha.. well, you got me there. I got mine because I thought they looked cool. I won't be doing that again. A couple of "racers" told me that tires are 80% of the tune.. if anything, you want to get the tires right for the track, then you will go fast.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #6895
Rock Crawler

Well I had some pins on inside. The AKA rebars had way too much side grip on the carpet outside.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #6896

next time u guys head over, you could ask the owner what tires he recos for the indoor and outdoor tracks.

tires make all the difference. i have jconcepts doubledees on my rc10's, which are pretty good on hardpacked stuff but im curious what works good on that carpet.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #6897
RCC Addict

Ok, I'm curious what works on carpet as well. My tires were traction rolling on the carpet too. Any kind of speed around a corner and it tumbled. Maybe something like a slick or smooth style tread so you can stay loose but, keep yourself planted. I'm sure my lack of suspension tuning knowledge had something to do with it. I'm curious to see if the swaybars will do anything.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #6898
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Bring the boats to the track.. Theres water everywhere, we'll make a pit stop after the track to see what the boats can do.

Chris.. What parts are you waiting for?
I can do that.

Oh really just the rebuild kit for my one shock that is having issues and keeps coming apart.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #6899
Rock Crawler

You guys taping these tires? My calibers are.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #6900
RCC Addict

I didnt tape mine. I dont think its really an issue with the sct tires & closed cell foams.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame