Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: Trail Finder 2 Chit-Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #61

Default Re: Trail Finder 2 Chit-Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
By inside, you are referring to the V shaped solid mount parts? Currently they are towards the middle of my truck but I am swapping the front around.
the non-shackle end.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #62
RCC Addict

Were not gonna be able to run the 1.9 tsl's are we? I might trade them for 1.55 slingers and have those as well as something else but, 1.9
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Were not gonna be able to run the 1.9 tsl's are we? I might trade them for 1.55 slingers and have those as well as something else but, 1.9
i would say no. but maybe we should just discuss this at the next event or in the nirc section. i havent measured mine with a ruler, but i think the reason for 4.19 being the limit was to keep the 1.9 pitbull, tsl, and flatirons in c2.

imho both the pitbull and tsl 1.9's are pretty much useless in c2 with the way bigger tires that are available.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #64
RCC Addict

Hey, I am all for being flexible in the tire rules, but not going to get in another argument with these guys that start all their conversations with no, then call me a cry baby. So I am fine running what I have, if you want the change, I will absolutely back you in a vote.

(EDIT) actually between the cry baby comments, the Panties in a bunch comments and the insinuations that I was trying to 1. ruin the club and 2. replace our president which I didn't know we had, I don't plan to participate in anything with the club other than drive my trucks.

Last edited by neillarson; 02-29-2012 at 02:20 PM.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

So for my edumacation let's talk about everyones experience with these tires because I have none. I'm seeing these as the options in the 1.9 department. What are your opinions of their performance? I've only listed 1.9's below because of the low selection of 1.7 wheels.

1. Mud Thrashers - 3.9"
2. Prowler - 3.78"
3. Rock Creepers - 3.8"
4. Mud Slingers - 3.66"
5. Dick Cepek Mud Country - 3.97"
6. Baha Claws - 4.18"
7. MTZ's - 4.19"

I left out a couple, because they were ugly or for military style vehicles. The last two are the X2SS. What have you guys tried? Which ones suck? Which ones get the best traction?

Last edited by JHTreyIII; 02-29-2012 at 01:40 PM.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
imho both the pitbull and tsl 1.9's are pretty much useless in c2 with the way bigger tires that are available.
If pitbulls were allowed...my C10 would be a class 1 already. My fender flares cover 80% of the tire.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Yea, I dont think i want to run those tires anyways. I wish we were only allowed 1.55 wheels in C1 to force people to make good 1.55 tires but, there are only a couple good 1.55 tires.. well, they arent even that good. There are better tires under 4.19" in 1.9 but, there arent many of those either.
Im going to try the 1.55 slingers cause they are big for 1.55's and then ill probably try the 1.9 MTZ's or 1.7 Iroks.. There aint much else.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
Hey, I am all for being flexible in the tire rules, but not going to get in another argument with these guys that start all their conversations with no, then call me a cry baby. So I am fine running what I have, if you want the change, I will absolutely back you in a vote.
ditto.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #69
RCC Addict

I can only talk to what I have or do own, but since I am addicted to tires that is a few.

1. Mud Thrashers - 3.9" - I own 1.55s, they are wide but not very flexible or sticky. not bad tires
2. Prowler - 3.78" - I owned some 1.9s, same as above, wide but not very flexible or sticky.
3. Rock Creepers - 3.8" - No Clue
4. Mud Slingers - 3.66" - Wide but very stiff tread on semi stiff sidewalls. Great in mud and trails but very grabby (is that a word) and not consistent.
5. Dick Cepek Mud Country - 3.97" - I own these in 1.9s, my second set. They have decent grip and are nice and wide. Soft sidewalls but the tread is a little stiff.
6. Baha Claws - 4.18" - no clue on the small one but heard good things. I have owned the 1.9 and 2.2 big ones and they are great.
7. MTZ's - 4.19" - I own these and they are SOOOOO sticky and soft. Great tires but a little narrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
So for my edumacation let's talk about everyones experience with these tires because I have none. I'm seeing these as the options in the 1.9 department. What are your opinions of their performance? I've only listed 1.9's below because of the low selection of 1.7 wheels.

1. Mud Thrashers - 3.9"
2. Prowler - 3.78"
3. Rock Creepers - 3.8"
4. Mud Slingers - 3.66"
5. Dick Cepek Mud Country - 3.97"
6. Baha Claws - 4.18"
7. MTZ's - 4.19"

I left out a couple, because they were ugly or for military style vehicles. The last two are the X2SS. What have you guys tried? Which ones suck? Which ones get the best traction?
Old 02-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Thanks Neil! I figured you'd be full of some good info there. I'm kinda leaning toward the baja claws. They're as tall as you can get, proportionally wide and are made with the new X2SS compound. I think I'll give them a shot. Now I just need to pick some wheels that have a decent backset. I've got some stock axial 1.9's, I wonder how they'd do. The pro10's might look nice too.

Last edited by JHTreyIII; 02-29-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #71

im going to try out the 1.7 irocs that were made for class1 since i have them.

might try a long long soaking in wd40 to soften them up.

i love the look of the 1.7 irok.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #72

Quote:
I have 2 sets of 1.9 Irok's. One set is brand new and the other set had been smoothed, rounded, sanded, softened, wore in. They are drastically different in size compared to the new set.

Could I modify a set of 1.7 Iroks in a similar fashion? Is that legal? They would start off as a legal tire but, then I would do what I mention above to them.

I'll post a pic in a minute of what I'm talking about. I think they look better modified and they are softer.
are those both the same tire? i'm amazed by the size difference... what do they both measure, and WHAT did you do to get them like that?

i would assume you should be ok with that, looks like its just been used quite a bit. you cant alter the tread at all per c1 rules, but you can mod the inside ribbing and whatnot all you want.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
Thanks Neil! I figured you'd be full of some good info there. I'm kinda leaning toward the baja claws. They're as tall as you can get, proportionally wide and are made with the new X2SS compound. I think I'll give them a shot. Now I just need to pick some wheels that have a decent backset. I've got some stock axial 1.9's, I wonder how they'd do. The pro10's might look nice too.
I'm working on something cool involving the use of 1.9 steelies right now, if that any influence. Ill post pics later if all goes well.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
are those both the same tire? i'm amazed by the size difference... what do they both measure, and WHAT did you do to get them like that?

i would assume you should be ok with that, looks like its just been used quite a bit. you cant alter the tread at all per c1 rules, but you can mod the inside ribbing and whatnot all you want.
Somebody on the forum gave me those worn Iroks.. I dont know what they did but, I was amazed when i saw them next to my new iroks. They feel much better and softer and not square. Id like to do that to some 1.7 iroks.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:
I'm working on something cool involving the use of 1.9 steelies right now, if that any influence. Ill post pics later if all goes well.
Look at the private club chat if anyone is curious about this..
Old 02-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Hey Rick, if you want to use that Ford body, get it to me and I will take a stab and extending the WB and dropping the bed for you. The sides are a little more intricate than I have done before but I am game, as long as you don't go all postal if I fun it up :-)

I built this one, cab back, rook and bed using parts of a NB JK and styrene.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Thanks.. I think I'm going to hang onto that Ford body for something else.. Maybe a mini truck or something. I'm excited to see what I can do with that Mojave body.. Itll be my first Toyota. I'm going to do a 2stage base/clear automotive paint on it.. Hoping it'll turn out like glass!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #78
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks.. I think I'm going to hang onto that Ford body for something else.. Maybe a mini truck or something. I'm excited to see what I can do with that Mojave body.. Itll be my first Toyota. I'm going to do a 2stage base/clear automotive paint on it.. Hoping it'll turn out like glass!
I am still looking for my paint. Only got a few hours on it yesterday and got my shift linkage mocked up, not sure I will stay with it, kind of a cross between young_version and yours.

Had another heart incident last night so I have been out of it and I am also in the middle of a guitar build at the moment.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
It will be easy to paint and clear it.

We can do my hilux body first if you want. I just gotta clean my gun, maybe this weekend....
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #80
RCC Addict

yeah.. lets do a different body first. It's been a while since we laid down some paint huh?

I want to paint another F350 body too. I'm switching the "Wrecktuber F350" to Class2 and the "Bad Ass FJ" will be my new Class3.

Trail Finder 2 Chit-Chat - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chit chat MX70 New Mexico 3 07-11-2010 03:44 PM
Iowa Chit Chat Bart bender Iowa 186 12-11-2008 04:18 PM
chit chat MDcrawler08 Maryland 4 10-15-2008 08:37 PM