Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Indiana Scale TTC Summer Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #101
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Indiana Scale TTC Summer Series

I grabbed up the domain indianattc.com last night, and I will throw a picture gallery up on there once all the internet stuff propagates. Then we can just throw all our pics on there.
smitty808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #102
Pebble Pounder

Ok, I have the first draft of www.indianattc.com working, and all the pics I have so far are on there.
If you have some you would like to add, you should be able to add an account on there, and upload them, or PM me, and I will send you my email address, so you can send them to me, and I will upload them.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #103
Rock Crawler

smitty, would it be possible to have an option to enlarge the photos? I'm not blind, but somethings are harder to see on laptop screens and such. Thanks

Other than that, looks great!
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:12 AM   #104
Pebble Pounder

I "think" you can click on the pics to make them larger. I didn't get the chance to try out everything, because I threw it together in like 40 minutes!
I will double check later.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #105
Pebble Pounder

The theme I was using on there disable the ability to click on the pic to make it bigger, and also the slideshow function.
I changed it. This one isn't as flashy, but it works.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #106
RCC Addict

Waterproofing needed for the next event? First post doesn't say.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #107
Quarry Creeper

Didn't need it in June when we were there, but Nick may surprise us.......
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:40 AM   #108

No waterproofing needed unless it rains are days before. The waterfall base and sand trap tends to hold water.just added another 25 gallons of sand and another 1/4 truckload of stone. Reworked a few previous spots too trying to keep it fresh. Lol
grizzleyfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #109

I am almost ready for Saturday. I did get a castle link so I could program the bec on the wraith and the esc on the honcho, I have a few small things coming in the mail early this week. I hope the weather is nice.
CheckMyBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #110
Quarry Creeper

The next comp will be at Arbuckle Park in Brownsberg, IN on August 18th, drivers meeting at 10. I am not sure if I can be there for the event, so Nick and Bob will be in charge. If you have questions, please contact them on this forum. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #111
Rock Crawler

OK Bob,
you've showed us you can win a scale event with a MOA comp crawler. Now how about trying to win a scale event with a scale crawler?

The Indiana TTC pic's site looks really good
When are we going to get to see the mystery machine tearing thru the rocks? You still building up the turtle van?
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #112

The teenage turtle bus will decimate all that gets into it way. Thats his new scale crawler, powered by dewalt.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #113
Pebble Pounder

We gotta get an extension cord long enough to reach your course from the house though, so I can run the skilsaw motor!

Old 08-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty808 View Post
We gotta get an extension cord long enough to reach your course from the house though, so I can run the skilsaw motor!

not a problem!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #115
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzleyfab View Post
The teenage turtle bus will decimate all that gets into it way. Thats his new scale crawler, powered by dewalt.
Is that the 18 volt Dewalt or 12?
Actually the 18 volt Dewalt motors are an upgrade the Summit guys use.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handicrawler View Post
The next comp will be at Arbuckle Park in Brownsberg, IN on August 18th, drivers meeting at 10. I am not sure if I can be there for the event, so Nick and Bob will be in charge. If you have questions, please contact them on this forum. Thanks.
Copied and posted over at the Louisville crawlers site.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #117
Pebble Pounder

I plan on screwing together a real scaler this winter for next summer(we are doing the TTC next summer... Right?). I have too many projects going on right now to build one. I have my mostly Redcat (real) comp buggy "Project Cheapskate", and just started tonight on a close to stock RS10 for my son(hope to have him at the next comp... And he hasn't even seen it in person yet!). Also picked up a traxxas jato to get my speed fix.
So, unless a REALLY cheap shafty setup falls in my lap... Looks like I will have to show you next summer!

Besides... The man did say "run watcha brung", I just came to watch the first time! At least I didn't bring an emaxx!

Old 08-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #118
Quarry Creeper

I think the guy with the Emaxx still had a good time minus breaking it. However, everyone knows that a comp crawler can be set up to handle difficult terrain much better than a scaler, especially when it is MOA and 4 wheel steer, I call them cheater trucks!!

I hope that we can have the comps next year. I've been giving that a lot of thought and may be asking for more help in running, promoting, and judging them. The series could start as early as March and run until October/November pending on weather. There is also room in there for bigger sponsored events that might even draw multi-state or national attention, but would need to be done in the true TTC fashion and follow scale rules. Or we could just do some large run what you brung events and promote it as big as possible.......sky's the limit.

I just wish I knew how much time I was going to have to dedicate to it. Next summer (June/July) I will be working on my capstone project for my MBA. That will be more than likely a 60-70 page paper which will put me out of all contention for making any comps let alone organizing them. I know the future is wide open and there are plenty of people willing and able to run these comps better than me. So I guess we'll just see where this pony will go!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #119
Pebble Pounder

My thoughts on next year, we need to outlaw my truck... I have felt guilty running it at every comp. I really don't consider it a "comp" truck, because the R1 chassis is designed to be a scaler with shafty axles. The MOA setup gives me an advantage, but there are guys running a LOT more weight on the axles than I am, and the fact I have the mighty 380 motors, really doesn't give me a power advantage... but I still feel like I don't fit.
I think we need to stick closer to the scale rules for our series. Designate a type of truck, and what tires are legal, and such, and stick with it. That way no one feels like they are at a disadvantage. That makes the competition closer too, which makes it more fun. I don't wanna win because I have a "cheater truck", I wanna' kick your ass fair and square. The 'Cat is all I have right now, so I wanna' keep playing...that's what i got to play with.
I like the informal setup we have, maybe not follow all the scale rules, just enough to keep it fair, and still stay fun.
Then we can have a couple sponsored TTC weekends, maybe a scaler one early in the season, and then a run watcha' brung unlimited throwdown spectacular, late summer, early fall. Draw in some sponsors, and try to get a big turnout.
I would be willing to help run the series next summer, and I think Nick would be on board too(although I will let him say).

The real TTC in Four Wheeler mag has always been a highlight of the year for me, but it has wandered from it's roots lately, and become a gathering of race only, non street legal buggies. Even they have seen the error of their ways... New Rules for 2013 Top Truck Challenge | Editorials Blog & Opinions at Four Wheeler Magazine
Reading that article, I realized...I am that guy.

I will finish the season with the 'Cat, because it's all I have, but after FOTO, it's retired from competition in this series. As far as I'm concerned, if I win, pass it on down to the next guy... I didn't intend to compete that first day at 4 Wheel Parts, and I'm still just in it for the fun, and the people(you guys are great)...Besides, the prizes suck!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:04 AM   #120
Rock Crawler

Don't feel guilty Bob, it's all for fun. My remark above was only playing, what's a little friendly compition without some smack talk.
Not going to get to much into the whole rule thing, the last time I did it was about tires and the next thing you know we have all these Wraith's showing up running rovers and sedonas.

This year has been fun and I think Mark has done a really good job with it and appreciate all his work in makeing this series happen.

Next year I would like to see a list of rules set and followed. To get a bigger turn out, maybe we can get some sponcers or have a money comp. Pay so much to run and the money paid from everyone goes into a pot that get's split between the 1.9 and 2.2 winners. People will show up, everyone likes a chance to win some $. Really hope we can all do this again next year and I can help out where ever needed. There's a bunch of places down here in my area to hold an event and I will gladly host one.

Indiana Scale TTC Summer Series - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Announcing the Indiana Scaler TTC Spring/Summer Series 2012 Handicrawler Indiana 23 04-17-2012 10:10 PM
EPARCC Summer Scale Comp Series **1** Jslick Pennsylvania 1 06-11-2011 10:06 PM
Summer Scale Series Rogue Colorado 268 10-27-2010 07:57 PM
2010 Summer Scale Series? 701 Technique North Dakota 6 04-05-2010 08:23 PM