it rained just before the main.. so they called the race... "finished" 5th
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2016, 08:49 AM   #282
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Losi Baja Rey 1/10th 4WD RTR desert truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
4x4 sct is 2s only. with most guys using 4300 or 4600 pro 4 non hd tekins.

3800 on 3s is just stupid in this truck. literally.

perfect motor for 3s would be a 2600. im seasoned. I know what the fawk is gospel and what is not.

you guys go ahead and keep breakin your trucks. ill keep racing mine.
Oh, I'm sorry RC God! Please continue to write the RC bible for us so we can follow!!

Let's see what we have so far..
Genesis 1:1 It's a sin to run 3s.
1:2 It's impossible to drive with 3s.
1:3 3s breaks your RC.
1:4 no one could place 5th on 3s.
1:5 you must use the same rules as SCT 4x4.

What else my lord!

Seriously dude.. I'm glad your having fun racing SCTs on 2s! But that is your thing.. The TTs are geared way lower than SCTs. My Losi ten SCTE on 2s is very comparable to my Baja Rey on 3s with a 10t pinion. You can gear any motor / battery combo to the desired speed. Have you even tried 3s in the Rey? If you ran it on 3s with stock gearing I agree that it's too fast. But with the 10t pinion it is a perfect match. TTs in real life have insane horsepower! It really completes the package. Again guys.. This is my opinion and since I'm an adult, I will let you have yours. My patience grows thin when folks push their agenda on others. Grow up CM9000!

Last edited by BobTeagle; 08-15-2016 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Correction to error
BobTeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:07 AM   #283
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjohn929 View Post
It really doesn't matter what it used. You'll most likely gear it for the same top speed anyway. 2s, 3s or 4s geared for 40-45 is still only 40-45 your really only changing where the power "hits". My Tekno is faster on 2s then my Rey on 3s, just because you volt up doesn't mean you are going to go too fast. That makes no sense. A lot of places allow you to run 3s as long as it's not a sanctioned race, and lets be real, this truck will not compete with Losi's or Teckno's, no way, not ever nor is it supposed to. With the stock electronics in the Rey 2s wasn't enough for me. Had no oomph so I went with the 10t pinion and 3s wich made it better. As soon as that craps out I'll probably put a RX8 gen 2 with a Holmes 3500xl, that way I can still run 3s and save some batteries and that motor has been great in a bunch of others I run.
You my friend get what this truck is! 👍🏼
Old 08-15-2016, 09:30 AM   #284
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTeagle View Post
Oh, I'm sorry RC God! Please continue to write the RC bible for us so we can follow!!

Let's see what we have so far..
Genesis 1:1 It's a sin to run 3s.
1:2 It's impossible to drive with 3s.
1:3 3s breaks your RC.
1:4 no one could place 5th on 3s.
1:5 you must use the same rules as SCT 4x4.

What else my lord!

Seriously dude.. I'm glad your having fun racing SCTs on 2s! But that is your thing.. The TTs are geared way lower than SCTs. My Losi ten SCTE on 2s is very comparable to my Baja Rey on 3s with a 10t pinion. You can gear any motor / battery combo to the desired speed. Have you even tried 3s in the Rey? If you ran it on 3s with stock gearing I agree that it's too fast. But with the 10t pinion it is a perfect match. TTs in real life have insane horsepower! It really completes the package. Again guys.. This is my opinion and since I'm an adult, I will let you have yours. My patience grows thin when folks push their agenda on others. Grow up CM9000!

insane horsepower you say? what real TT class are we talking about?

don't even think im being ever so super friggin serious to say that I am preaching an rc bible.

take things so heavy over there do ya? run your model on 3s "bulletproof rc"
not a single running vid.

im grown.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:08 AM   #285
RCC Addict

Guys just be happy or satisfied with what you got. If 3s is your thing so be it. If 2s is your thing than thats your choice. I run 3s on mine cause i like the power. Its my truck. I do with it as i please. Things break, so be it. Im sure these trucks with break on 2s power as well. They are geared pretty well so running 2s is already fast. Stop the bickering and just have fun. Isnt that why we bought these trucks? Some people wanna race, cool we all get it. Others including myself dont race. Just wanna bash and have fun. I live out in cali and hit the desert once in a while and have seen the full size 900hp (insane power btw) trucks do thier thing in the dirt. Its a beauty to see and i bought both the axial and the losi because they both mimicked the real 1:1 trucks. I didnt buy mine to compete. If i wanted to do that i would have picked up an associated sc10 or scte, etc. These can compete with the latter but i really dont think they stand a chance on either 2s or 3s. Like i said i bought mine just to bash around. Im not siding with anyone here. We all bought these truck because of our own personal decisions. Do with yours and ill do with mine. Cant we all just get along?��
ser3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #286
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser3100 View Post
Guys just be happy or satisfied with what you got. If 3s is your thing so be it. If 2s is your thing than thats your choice. I run 3s on mine cause i like the power. Its my truck. I do with it as i please. Things break, so be it. Im sure these trucks with break on 2s power as well. They are geared pretty well so running 2s is already fast. Stop the bickering and just have fun. Isnt that why we bought these trucks? Some people wanna race, cool we all get it. Others including myself dont race. Just wanna bash and have fun. I live out in cali and hit the desert once in a while and have seen the full size 900hp (insane power btw) trucks do thier thing in the dirt. Its a beauty to see and i bought both the axial and the losi because they both mimicked the real 1:1 trucks. I didnt buy mine to compete. If i wanted to do that i would have picked up an associated sc10 or scte, etc. These can compete with the latter but i really dont think they stand a chance on either 2s or 3s. Like i said i bought mine just to bash around. Im not siding with anyone here. We all bought these truck because of our own personal decisions. Do with yours and ill do with mine. Cant we all just get along?��

somebody said I was sayin "preaching" that 3s is wrong for this truck.

and that I am a rc bible writer. I just wanted to correct a few things is all.

bunch a whinnies in here

pro 2 and pro 4 trucks are cool. but are limited.

pro 4 is v8 and 4x4. I think you can still run turbo 4cyl in pro 2 but may have switched over to v8

the dessert classes.. whole notha story right there. I would stick with class 7 if I could.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #287
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser3100 View Post
If you look back on this thread you will see that you and I agree 100%. My last post was not trying to create drama but to open somones eyes to their close minded logic. We are all on the same side here.. We love the same hobby.. This hobby can be enjoyed in many ways.. I came here to share the hobby with others. To share ideas and experiences. Now let's have fun however we choose!
Old 08-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #288
RCC Addict

All good. Im no mod. It was turning into a pissing contest. Just run what ya brung. I may run mine on 2s in the near future to see what it can do againt the "rc short course trucks" out here. But if im really thinking about competing i may snatch up an scte or something. I love the "realism" the baja rey and the yeti score bring to the table. Thats why i bought mine. Have fun with it. Im pretty sure thats we all bought them. Cheers!
Old 08-15-2016, 10:28 AM   #289
RCC Addict

Matter of fact i love both of your views! Im taking something from each of your points. You guys have ran yours way more than i have mine. So i take all views as educational! Im now seeing what i should or shouldnt do. Have fun. Thats the bottom line.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:35 AM   #290
I wanna be Dave

I think bobteagle "keith" runs his less than you do.

3s isn't allowed sanctioned. unless 1/8th e buggy lite class.

parts break either way.

3s may be a little faster in breaking parts, but hell.. I broke a revo rod end on my revo pushrod mod yesterday "storing" lipos lol.
and bent a front dogbone/uni shaft.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:37 AM   #291
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

somebody said I was sayin "preaching" that 3s is wrong for this truck.

and that I am a rc bible writer. I just wanted to correct a few things is all.

bunch a whinnies in here

pro 2 and pro 4 trucks are cool. but are limited.

pro 4 is v8 and 4x4. I think you can still run turbo 4cyl in pro 2 but may have switched over to v8

the dessert classes.. whole notha story right there. I would stick with class 7 if I could.
Lol, I was trying to open your eyes to what you sounded like😏. You were pushing your opinions pretty hard bro. I think you are doing great in your quest to dominate SCT 4x4 class with a TT! That is not something I would be interested in trying. I would love to see a TT class and I think it would need to be 3s. This is my opinion and may not be yours. That is ok.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:43 AM   #292
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
insane horsepower you say? what real TT class are we talking about?

don't even think im being ever so super friggin serious to say that I am preaching an rc bible.

take things so heavy over there do ya? run your model on 3s "bulletproof rc"
not a single running vid.

im grown.
Look, you and I may have different opinions but we live the same hobby. I try to keep the fun in RC..

I plan to upload some running footage as soon as I get some new camera gear. Kind of difficult to film while driving with an iphone😉
Old 08-15-2016, 10:49 AM   #293
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I think bobteagle "keith" runs his less than you do.

3s isn't allowed sanctioned. unless 1/8th e buggy lite class.

parts break either way.

3s may be a little faster in breaking parts, but hell.. I broke a revo rod end on my revo pushrod mod yesterday "storing" lipos lol.
and bent a front dogbone/uni shaft.
Tryin to take the high road here bro! Been in this hobby for 20 plus years. How much I run my RC's is between me and God.. lol! Pun intended. How bout me and you keep the peace and keep the forum clean.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:00 AM   #294
I wanna be Dave

cool. ill get a video of the rey on 2s for yall.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #295
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
cool. ill get a video of the rey on 2s for yall.
Sweet! I would genuinely enjoy seeing you spank SCTs in their native environment with a TT! Speaks volumes to both your driving skills and the capabilities of the Baja Rey!

We have brought this forum back from the dead! One thing you and I have accomplished together! 😋
Old 08-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #296
I wanna be Dave

Thanks! I can say though... I suck in 2wd sct mod. 4x4 is just.. easier lol. for me anyway.

and from what I notice its not the locker that helps. its just the travel of the rear suspension. almost twice as much as a reg 4x4 sct. it helps heeps. hopefully my buddy uploads the qual rounds. as we didn't see the mains for 4x4 sct at stateline cause of the rain.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:21 AM   #297
I wanna be Dave

the last "THE SERIES" rc race is back at "the track" in a month from now. so I will link the video in the future. the truck is good on the infield of the track.

poor track design at the track for tenth scale.. 7-8 ft wide at most... 90deg turn with no berms no good sweeps.. very small track.

my truck is dialed for it though. we will see if this white monster can take a win at the track.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:29 AM   #298
RCC Addict

Cool. I wanna see how it does on 2s. I have a 2s pack but cant run it cause the batt wires come out of the battery centered. Not staggered
Old 08-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #299
I wanna be Dave

oh.. that is a bad flaw of this truck..
Old 08-15-2016, 11:52 AM   #300
RCC Addict

Got that right! I have a few different batts i wanna use but thier batt door doesnt wanna play nice. Grrrrrr

Losi Baja Rey 1/10th 4WD RTR desert truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thunder Tiger Jackal 1/10th 4wd Desert Buggy RichMTB01 2.2 Scale Rigs 17 01-19-2016 12:36 AM
Vaterra 1/10 Twin Hammers DT 1.9 4WD Desert Truck RTR spectre Vaterra Twin Hammers 0 10-01-2015 07:54 AM
HPI Mini Trophy 1/12 Scale 4WD Desert Truck constantmotion Non Crawler RC's 31 08-01-2010 09:56 PM