Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Maine

Notices

Thread: What are you working on??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2017, 02:33 PM   #1361
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: What are you working on??

It's time to give this old girl some love. Everything is wore out, servo is done motor is tired and she needs a paint job. It won't look like this again, it's going from trail truck to full on crawler.
Attached Images

Kaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2017, 05:43 PM   #1362
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaler View Post
It's time to give this old girl some love. Everything is wore out, servo is done motor is tired and she needs a paint job. It won't look like this again, it's going from trail truck to full on crawler.
That thing is pretty capable now Brent, I can only imagine how badass it will be when you're finished!

You got that thing done yet?

Full Throttle Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:32 PM   #1363
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle Rob View Post
That thing is pretty capable now Brent, I can only imagine how badass it will be when you're finished!

You got that thing done yet?

Ya just waiting for the paint to dry!😂😂
Old 05-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #1364
Pebble Pounder

'66 Chevy showed up today! I like it.... I like it a lot!!
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2017, 05:24 PM   #1365
Pebble Pounder

That'll be sweet, especially if you get some foil tape to put on the chromed items.
Have you picked out a paint scheme or color yet?
Full Throttle Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:27 PM   #1366
Pebble Pounder

I'm probably gonna cut the bumper off and make something else so I won't need chrome there. As for paint, at the moment I'm thinking yellow with a white roof and pillars and back of cab.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:08 PM   #1367
Quarry Creeper

Default What are you working on??

Orange and white!!

Last edited by skybolt; 05-12-2017 at 08:12 PM.
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:23 PM   #1368
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
Orange and white!!
I thought about that, I have a '64 c10 that the original color is a dark orange. But my '66 ford is orange, not sure if I want two orange trucks.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:08 AM   #1369
Quarry Creeper

Oh yeah, forgot about those...
Old 05-13-2017, 06:28 PM   #1370
Pebble Pounder

If I was going to do one....I thought about it...but...chevy . lol ide go with a pale blue on the outside with a lot of weathering with the white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaler View Post
I'm probably gonna cut the bumper off and make something else so I won't need chrome there. As for paint, at the moment I'm thinking yellow with a white roof and pillars and back of cab.
Androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:34 PM   #1371
Pebble Pounder

well it looks like my dreams of building a 6x6 may become a reality. ive got one scx on the bench and may have another coming. ive got a dual motor set up going. I made an adapter plate to get the motors up top. and a brushless slash trans will become the tcase. trying to either trade for parts or use what I have laying around. the other scx will have a good lot of upgrade parts to donate. im really stuck on a body for this thing. About the only body I even like is the 79 Fords. but I already have 2 built. so searching out something else may take a while. Trying to do something different and new is hard to do with all the great rigs we have in our group. About the only new parts plan on buying would be wheels and tires. Just a part I refuse to skimp on. More to come and maybe a sneak peak here in a few weeks!
Old 05-13-2017, 07:54 PM   #1372
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androtaz View Post
well it looks like my dreams of building a 6x6 may become a reality. ive got one scx on the bench and may have another coming. ive got a dual motor set up going. I made an adapter plate to get the motors up top. and a brushless slash trans will become the tcase. trying to either trade for parts or use what I have laying around. the other scx will have a good lot of upgrade parts to donate. im really stuck on a body for this thing. About the only body I even like is the 79 Fords. but I already have 2 built. so searching out something else may take a while. Trying to do something different and new is hard to do with all the great rigs we have in our group. About the only new parts plan on buying would be wheels and tires. Just a part I refuse to skimp on. More to come and maybe a sneak peak here in a few weeks!
What about a king hauler cab with a flatbed or wrecker body?
Old 05-13-2017, 11:22 PM   #1373
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Sent you a PM about spare parts and trading, etc. I've got lots of extra spare parts I'm looking to offload.
robertjpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:26 PM   #1374
Pebble Pounder

Any one have a used scx10 roller they would like to part with for a reasonable price? I have an idea for another project but my budget for new rc cars was used up on the Yeti and Wraith. Another package containing a RC car shows up on our porch and I shudder to ponder the devastation.
Rumpelhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:44 PM   #1375
Rock Crawler

Made another esc box. This one has some breathing room.. all my electronics are waterproof so the box is mostly cosmetic anyway. Just in mock up phase when photo taken.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #1376
Pebble Pounder

Well it looks like the 6x6 dream is crushed again. Had a deal going on a trade and the scumbag sold the rig on me. Now I need way too many parts to put this thing together. maybe next year lol. still plan on building the truck....or car?? not sure yet.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:42 PM   #1377
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Well it looks like the 6x6 dream is crushed again. Had a deal going on a trade and the scumbag sold the rig on me. Now I need way too many parts to put this thing together. maybe next year lol. still plan on building the truck....or car?? not sure yet.
What all do you need?
Old 05-16-2017, 12:46 PM   #1378
Pebble Pounder

The only thing left to do is get it dirty and banged up.

Rumpelhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #1379
RCC Addict

Mad leaf spring flex and tire tuck lol

Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:44 PM   #1380
Quarry Creeper

I've always been super annoyed with the Summits original esc the EVX-2 and it's "pause in neutral before reversing or forwarding". I contacted Holmes Hobbies and asked what They thought of me running the Traxxas 775 on 4s using their BRXL esc. They were very helpful and we're interested in how it worked out, they also said that should it burst into flames they would happily replace it and would welcome any feed back. So far the esc has handled three full runs on 4s and I consider it a MASSIVE upgrade. The resolution is much finer, throttle response is instant and of course it's programmable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you working on?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working out ozyint Chit Chat 6 08-02-2011 02:34 PM
Something new I am working on sparky0068 1.9 Scale Rigs 24 08-16-2008 10:14 PM
Little Something We Was Working On pureadrenalin Chit Chat 33 10-22-2007 11:03 AM
Im Working On A Working Wrecker Any Ideas? LEDDPIPE General Scale Talk 7 12-13-2006 11:53 PM
What I've been working on...... CSR Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 26 11-10-2005 04:54 PM