Pebble Pounder

Default Re: What are you working on??

Ok so if anything i made a cool paper weight
Androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2017, 05:00 AM   #1402
Pebble Pounder

I know iy will still twist under load. Its that lazy lean when wide open on flat ground im trying to get rid of. In the end i got the clearance i needed lol
Old 07-05-2017, 05:42 PM   #1403
Pebble Pounder

Body finally showed up. Couldn't wait 1 more day for the post office to drop it off, I went and picked it up. 13 days from Cali. No wonder fedex gets such a bad rep. Anyway. It begins.
I might call this one. "Pissed off Pete"

Old 07-05-2017, 06:29 PM   #1404
RCC Addict

Nice! This winter is going to be build time for my big rig. What are you going to do for a body?

Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:33 PM   #1405
Pebble Pounder

5Th wheel with a a big ole winch. Saw a build and liked the idea. Nothing to catch on
Old 07-06-2017, 06:01 AM   #1406
Quarry Creeper

Impressive!
that thing is gonna be a monster!
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:50 AM   #1407
RCC Addict

Thanks! all I've been doing is pricing parts and getting a game plan in my head on my big rig build that I have no time or money for! Thanks!

lol

Ben
Old 07-06-2017, 10:21 AM   #1408
Pebble Pounder

lol ive only been looking to build one for over a year now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itali83 View Post
Thanks! all I've been doing is pricing parts and getting a game plan in my head on my big rig build that I have no time or money for! Thanks!

lol

Ben
Old 07-06-2017, 12:42 PM   #1409
Pebble Pounder

and its brushed no less...oh the horror lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
Impressive!
that thing is gonna be a monster!
Old 07-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #1410
Quarry Creeper

With what? A traxxas 775 out of a summit?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2017, 01:23 PM   #1411
RCC Addict

I know, I just started a crap storm in the electronics section saying I want to use brushed motors on my eventual big rig project. Figuring about 20lbs plus I want it to haul my current rigs and they're like no way a brushed will do. I'm going to make my own seperate motor mount so I can run big big motors but they all say roc412 brushless is the way to go. I'm thinking two cheap 550's and either one good dual motor esc or two cheapies will work. Oh, and stupid low gearing and 4s. Oh well. Back to my day dream..........

Ben
Old 07-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #1412
Pebble Pounder

Im running dual 35 turns on a MMP on 3s if it will hold up. Have to test it on 2s first. I don't have a lot of faith in my motor monstrosity. Its seems stout but you know thats a whole other story under load.
Quote:
I know, I just started a crap storm in the electronics section saying I want to use brushed motors on my eventual big rig project. Figuring about 20lbs plus I want it to haul my current rigs and they're like no way a brushed will do. I'm going to make my own seperate motor mount so I can run big big motors but they all say roc412 brushless is the way to go. I'm thinking two cheap 550's and either one good dual motor esc or two cheapies will work. Oh, and stupid low gearing and 4s. Oh well. Back to my day dream..........

Ben
Old 07-06-2017, 04:18 PM   #1413
Rock Crawler

Roc412 motors are overrated.. people equate $$$ to quality.
My $30 motors get to the top just as cool as the next guy.
550 brushed dual motors will be fine. Traxxas 21t 550 motors are great. $25
I'd use those before dropping $120 on a single brushless. IMO
Toro 4pole 1800kv brushless would be my next suggestion.
Cheap and powerful. They have other kv too, down to 1200 I think.
robertjpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:25 PM   #1414
Pebble Pounder

Tank had to be cut down. For not having a body for guide lines. I think I did rather well. Gonna fit nicely. Maybe even do a full interior down the road. Still have a lot of finish work to do. I tend to be all over the place without getting one thing nailed down.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:48 PM   #1415
Quarry Creeper

Default What are you working on??

Quote:

Ben

You know what they say about opinions...
I have a roc412 in my Bomber. EVERYTHING else is brushed.. well, except for the XMaxx....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2017, 10:09 AM   #1416
Pebble Pounder

I love my roc412. Are they pricy. HELL YES. But I got mine with a mmp used for about 1/2 the price so I jumped on it. only brushed rig we have is the boys wraith. Im not big on brushed motors. all the ones ive tried have been way noisy and not good on power management, even on a good esc. Only reason I went with 2 35 turns, it was already there. and I plan on it seeing water and mud. BUT it is personal preference. And not everyone agrees. such is life lol
Old 07-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #1417
I wanna be Dave

No you didn't start any crapstorms. You want to run a brushed motor in your HEAVY rig. Advice was given, don't, as you will eat them.
So go find a big 550, 13.5 and tell us how it goes.

Rule is still volt up and gear down

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:47 PM   #1418
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Ben
I gotta make my way over there then because I run my 15+ pound 6X6 on a single brushed motor and have no trouble at all, well, when its not twisting the wheels right off of itself anyway. I have a nice rebuildable 55T in it right now and it pulled the sled at GLT with 98lbs of weight in it. It will ox drag any child and most adults across the lawn and, as per above, all on a single brushed motor with a sidewinder 3, running on 3S. I have been out-pulled a few times by folks running $300+ worth of electronics, (there is a fella up here running the best that Holmes has to offer and I will admit I cant even come close to how well he can pull) but I have yet to have any brushless motored rig even budge me on a tug of war. There is almost as much elitism in the high-end brushless crowd as there is in the "if its not Vanquish, its crap" crowd.
Hobbezco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:59 AM   #1419
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbezco View Post
I gotta make my way over there then because I run my 15+ pound 6X6 on a single brushed motor and have no trouble at all, well, when its not twisting the wheels right off of itself anyway. I have a nice rebuildable 55T in it right now and it pulled the sled at GLT with 98lbs of weight in it. It will ox drag any child and most adults across the lawn and, as per above, all on a single brushed motor with a sidewinder 3, running on 3S. I have been out-pulled a few times by folks running $300+ worth of electronics, (there is a fella up here running the best that Holmes has to offer and I will admit I cant even come close to how well he can pull) but I have yet to have any brushless motored rig even budge me on a tug of war. There is almost as much elitism in the high-end brushless crowd as there is in the "if its not Vanquish, its crap" crowd.
Yup.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:23 AM   #1420
Pebble Pounder

Hobbezco you hit it right there. I don't use the best of the best. I use what works. Yah I have high end electrics. but. its not for bragging rights. I love the options it gives me. Tunability. Yes I know others have tht as well. But I prefer how castle set their stuff up. We have guys that run other brands, and love them. Its all in what works for you. If you can run another guys rig into the ground baised only on, "my stuff cost more" then they are whats wrong with the hobby. Next time you get to run with us I wanna put big green in a tug of war with your 6x6. im only at 9 pounds. Ide just love to try it lol

What are you working on?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working out ozyint Chit Chat 6 08-02-2011 02:34 PM
Something new I am working on sparky0068 1.9 Scale Rigs 24 08-16-2008 10:14 PM
Little Something We Was Working On pureadrenalin Chit Chat 33 10-22-2007 11:03 AM
Im Working On A Working Wrecker Any Ideas? LEDDPIPE General Scale Talk 7 12-13-2006 11:53 PM
What I've been working on...... CSR Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 26 11-10-2005 04:54 PM