Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 10:01 PM   #181
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDrty View Post
New to the forum here, but not new to rc. Have a few short course trucks, a few drift cars, and my SCX10 Honcho with the F250 cab.

Attended the MN Snow Crawl today with a buddy on here who just recently joined as well, and had an absolute blast! And I look forward to coming to more events like it.

Here's a pic of my SCX10, which I've nicknamed SuperDrty, hence the sn.

-Derek
Is that a expandafoam indoor crawl spot? Trucks looks great. mines out of commishion for now when its running maybe ill see ya at an event. Take care.
jh1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #182
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

Yes, that's 5 cans of great stuff foam, haha, mixed in with a few pieces of wood for support, on a 2'x4' board, I need to skim coat it with some quikcrete still. And I have plans for a semi modular course in my basement using insulation foam with a little expanding foam, and skim coats of quikcrete.

Since that photo, I've added rear steer to it.
SuperDrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #183
Pebble Pounder

sweet. One of these days i wanna do that. My basement is kinda narrow tho.
jh1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:08 AM   #184

How's it going? I'm George. I got my scx10 last month and I think already I've run it farther and longer than my slash, mini summit, or any of my planes or helicopters. I think the biggest reason for that is I've been going to every park I can find with my wife. She walks the dog, I drive around walking with her.

Living in Burnsville right now. I'm still a total crawling newbie, but if anyone wants to go do a trail run or knows a good trail around this area let me know.
gbjore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #185

Default Rc Newbie

Hello,
Just saying hi to you guys.. I am In the Stillwater area. I Have just gotten into this hobby But i have spent YEARS lurking, looking, planning and have spent wayy too much money. alot more then i thought i would. but, here i am. and i am ready to crawl. I have crawled on OHV parks with my TJ but i have never had an RC Crawler. I am getting a better atmosphere with this hobby then my last. I am Planning on going to MNRCRC events I may be participating i may be not. Anyways to my "Rig" Axial Wraith, 32t Integy Brushed motor, Axial ESC, Irok Super Swampers, Axial Beadlocks, Lights. Shipped: Carter Fab 3 Piece sides, half roof, Deck lid and Terminator Action Figure. I have done the battery forward mod, Windshield, and Lead weights in front wheels.

Hope to make this a long time hobby and i hope to meet a bunch of you guys in Taylors Falls these coming up weekends.

-Justin

Lil_Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:59 PM   #186
Quarry Creeper

Welcome to the club. I'm from Stillwater too. Looking forward to meeting new blood for the club. I live right by the neighbor stop on the north hill.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:22 PM   #187

Yeah, actually i live in Mahtomedi but i run down to the Boom site all the time.. Going down to Gaylord tomorrow morn for Crawler comp setup for the 28th. If your on facebook add the page MN comp and crawlers.. They post stuff about MNrcrc on there too. Name is Justin on there..
Lil_Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:23 PM   #188
Quarry Creeper

Yeah... No, I don't do Facebook.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:11 PM   #189

Hey guys im from the other side of the river. Superior area. I have some buddies coming up from the south. Anyone want to get together on the 17th or 18th of May? Not sure where to go yet. Maybe amnicon falls enger tower or the board walk.
rcfishhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #190
Quarry Creeper

You'd probably get a bite or 2 if you started a new thread. This area is basically for introductions.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #191

Hello fellow Minnesotans!
I'm up on the north shore of Mille lacs, about 45 minutes from Brainerd.
I'm new to the crawling/scaler scene, and just got an Axial SCX10 Rubicon that I won in an on-line raffle.

While I'm new to the "slower side" of R/C, I've been into R/C since the 80's.
I'm also relatively new to the state, and originally from Massachusetts.
I've been in this state almost 3 years now and have yet to meet anyone else into R/C in the area.
Hoping to meet other scalers or crawlers, and R/C enthusiasts.
Until then I'll be building some type of scale/crawler course on my property, and also an off-road 1/10 scale track.
acerpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #192
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerpower View Post
Hello fellow Minnesotans!
I'm up on the north shore of Mille lacs, about 45 minutes from Brainerd.
I'm new to the crawling/scaler scene, and just got an Axial SCX10 Rubicon that I won in an on-line raffle.

While I'm new to the "slower side" of R/C, I've been into R/C since the 80's.
I'm also relatively new to the state, and originally from Massachusetts.
I've been in this state almost 3 years now and have yet to meet anyone else into R/C in the area.
Hoping to meet other scalers or crawlers, and R/C enthusiasts.
Until then I'll be building some type of scale/crawler course on my property, and also an off-road 1/10 scale track.
We'll have a scale gtg at Carlton and one at Banning State Park, both are about an hour and a half from you but worth the trip IMO. Check the schedule and hope to see you there!
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #193
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfishhunt View Post
Hey guys im from the other side of the river. Superior area. I have some buddies coming up from the south. Anyone want to get together on the 17th or 18th of May? Not sure where to go yet. Maybe amnicon falls enger tower or the board walk.
I'm down for Saturday. Boardwalk sucks but enger tower and Thompson dam are usually a good time. Courious about amnicon though. I've never been there.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by semnmrc View Post
We'll have a scale gtg at Carlton and one at Banning State Park, both are about an hour and a half from you but worth the trip IMO. Check the schedule and hope to see you there!
Thanks, I'll try and make it there.
acerpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #195
Rock Stacker

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to crawling but really injoyed building my first SCX10. Looking forward to finding some places to drive it. I live in Maple Grove. I also hope to get to a few events this year but I'm new to driving and not sure what to expect. Here's a picture of my rig:

Last edited by captainmorgan; 05-12-2014 at 08:49 AM.
captainmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #196
Quarry Creeper

Come on out to either a comp or a scale gtg.... No reason to be apprehensive... Just a bunch of middle age men playing with toy trucks!
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #197
Rock Stacker

LOL...I'm thinking about checking out the comp this Sunday in Taylors Falls.
captainmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #198
RCC Addict

Don't be afraid to run your truck in the comp. Some of us have been doing this a long time and still suck at driving.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:14 AM   #199

I would like to introduce myself to the local scene as well. Last year I bought a SCX10 along with a pair of New Bright JK bodies. However I quickly realized that at the time my ambition was bigger than my wallet, and I had too many other expensive hobbies to introduce another one (I trail ride and race dirt bikes). But now that I have my truck and motorcycle paid off I am getting back around to lengthening the wheel base on SCX10 and starting my two JK builds. I have spent several years building scale military models, so while one of the bodies will be for general bashing, the other will be kept more as a scale model. I hope to make it to some of scale gtg's this fall, and also hope to meet some nice people on here in case I have questions or need help with my build.
gray0239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:28 PM   #200
Row

Hey guys,
I am new to RC all together and looking to get my first truck soon. I live and fridley and hope to be meeting some of you guys down the road. I am looking at the wraiths, looks like a cool truck. I am also interested in picking up a 1/18th scale RC to race my buddy in his little back yard track.
Row is offline   Reply With Quote