Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #121
Rock Stacker

Default Re: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddogsf View Post
Yup thats about it. Show up introduce your self and watch out for that wierd guy in the funny hat. (Baller)LOL
Ha ha right on sounds good! I'm friends with Chuck he told me about it.. Thanks, Matt
mrkrinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #122
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

Yep... What Reddog said... Just look for all the grown men playing with toy trucks!
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #123
Pebble Pounder

Don't forget a crawling toy if you have one...there will be plenty there to try out as well.
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #124
RCC Addict

Welcome mrkrinkle. Any friend of Chuck, is a friend of ours. Like Reddog said, not much to joining other than coming out and having a good time. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out our series details thread.
MNRCRC 2012 Season Schedule & Details

Hope to see you Sunday.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #125
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
Welcome mrkrinkle. Any friend of Chuck, is a friend of ours. Like Reddog said, not much to joining other than coming out and having a good time. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out our series details thread.
MNRCRC 2012 Season Schedule & Details

Hope to see you Sunday.
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm pumped can't wait. Especially excited for the scale gtg at the boom on the 22nd! That's my stomping grounds ha ha. I drive an old 80 chev long box scx10... I'll try to get some pics up tonight of the rig.
mrkrinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #126

hey iveryone im nick. i know just a few people on her. i made it out to the enger tower comp. i live in superior. i have a losi nightcrawler. just got into crawling this summer, and its amazing! i love it. i can just pick up my truck and go anywere and crawl. hopefully i can make another comp this year. just hard to make it down your guys way
javner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #127
I joined the Band!

Talking Re: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

Greetings All,
Looking forward to diving deeper into the RC world (or kinda lack thereof) here in the Twin Cities. Crawling is the only thing I'll be any good at competing with, so I’ll start here.
My current stock:
Summit from Baker Hobby, St. Cloud MN Welcome To Baker's Hobby Emporium
- Stock with multiple sets of tires, including custom ice tires. Nothing fancy, just old emaxx v-treds with self-tapping hardened screws stuck pushed through and completely sealed.
- Replaced a couple axles, will likely plan to upgrade to full yoke and turnbuckle axles when the time allows.
- Because of the Summit I am convinced to upgrade all the rigs to the bigger 17mm/hexish wheels/hubs.
Emaxx – Kinda. This big guy was bought from ebay while I was in Iraq; needed something to do besides dj’ing to keep me out of trouble. First dive into RC’s since childhood.
- Now heavily modified, with super-low crawling gears on the brushed dual 550’s. This will be what you see me attempting to crawl with. Needs better controller but the default traxxas is working decent.
- Looks like crap, but will post pictures later.
- 6.5” flex on any corner with the other three on the ground.
- Tried locked rear diff, won’t do that again. Use putty or something else.
- Heavy chrome cage for something completely else.
- Will have plastic body panels by the time it is ready to show its face to help keep the grime out.
eRevo brushless - this is the little basher
- Factory except similar ice tires and replaced axles. Fast. Very fast.
Revo 2.5 – Pawnshop pickup for cheap. Turned out to be a great machine. Needs rebuild now and I think the carb needs replacing? Not sure. Oh and the radio is shot.
Carson Model Sport Destroyer: Some Brushless buggy I picked up in Germany on an impulse buy. Didn’t have any rc’s over there, and needed one. This one was/is brutally fast.
CARSON MODEL-SPORT*::*Products*::*Car models*::*Brushless cars 1/8*::*Produkt Details
- Now needs new axles and a complete rebuild but is an incredibly fast buggy. Thought about taking motor off and putting on Summit.
Looking For:
Cheap TQ3 traxxas receivers with or w/o crystals – Might as well keep these alive as long at the remote works…
Hoping for:
Buying a home in the next few months with a large enough lot to build my own track/crawling grounds for local club events. I realize there is nearly no money to be made, and as with most, that doesn’t matter. I just want to promote the sport and eventually use it as an outreach for at-risk youth or something? Not sure just feel that there is plenty to be learned from it.

Thanks all! - Christofer
Jolopicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #128
Pebble Pounder

New member here..altho not a hard core rock crawler but more of a scale RC guy..built a CC-01 with an old 56 chevy body on it and currently building a scale Military Themed Mog..really interested in the scale and crawlers both..years ago had the stadium trucks but too old to go fast anymore..slow is more my speed..lol.
I live and work up in the St Cloud area..I'll post some pics soon..

JC
DieselJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #129
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselJC View Post
New member here..altho not a hard core rock crawler but more of a scale RC guy..built a CC-01 with an old 56 chevy body on it and currently building a scale Military Themed Mog..really interested in the scale and crawlers both..years ago had the stadium trucks but too old to go fast anymore..slow is more my speed..lol.
I live and work up in the St Cloud area..I'll post some pics soon..

JC
Welcome! We have a comp coming up this weekend (Sunday) in Taylors Falls if you can make it! Its sure to be a good time! There is also the Howl Crawl coming up at the end of the month. That is more of a scale gtg and trail run to end the crawling season. Be sure to keep checking the Minnesota section for updates and gtg's. And read the sticky's on all the forums and use the search function. You can learn alot just by doing that.
Good Luck!!
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #130
I joined the Band!

Hey DieselJC,
I just pulled out of St. Cloud a couple months ago after living there for a couple of years. You probably have already scoped out the best places to roll, but I figured I'd add my 2 cents. I've done some work with Baker's Hobby, and had good response if you get to know them a bit. They have new owners now, but they seem to be enthusiast of the hobby, and if someone were to start a small group there, they'd probably be quick to offer 10% off for the groups.
Also I'd highly suggest getting down to lake george, on the rocks for some great crawling action. I was down there nearly all summer with my trucks; the kids love it, the dogs hate it, but it's usually pretty cool.

Good luck and take care,
Chris
Jolopicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #131
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the replies...trying to get my neighbor to open his wallett and get a truck..he's in my shop everynite watching progress on the Mog I'm building..thinking about down by the river too...water is really low so alot of good stuff is uncovered..I'd love to go on a scale/trail run with some of you guys.
Thanks again for the replies.

JC
DieselJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #132

hey guys i am new to the scale or crawling but it sound fun so anyways if u guys can help me out with what way to go that would be great and also i would like to come a participate in some of the trail rides lol so do i go crawler or scale truck how many go muddling and trail riding and how many rock climbing do i get a crawler or a scale truck for the trails anyone i will be heading to the swap meet for a truck of some sort i hope thanks and hope to meet some of u toyman
toyman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #133

hey guys long time r/c fan here first time trail rig/owner driver. first run was in byron with mn mudder semnrc and crew was a good time now im hooked. I am in the southern part of the state and looking for more run spots. I am running a stock scx 10 atm but I am sure it wont be for long .lol see you all at the howl crawl
BigJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman75 View Post
hey guys i am new to the scale or crawling but it sound fun so anyways if u guys can help me out with what way to go that would be great and also i would like to come a participate in some of the trail rides lol so do i go crawler or scale truck how many go muddling and trail riding and how many rock climbing do i get a crawler or a scale truck for the trails anyone i will be heading to the swap meet for a truck of some sort i hope thanks and hope to meet some of u toyman
well its like this is you like hanging out and mudding and stuff then a scaler is it if you like winning stuff and being hardcore the comps is the way to go. I chose scaler because i race a sct and a mini and frankly raceing isn't as much fun for me. but its how You feel.
BigJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:16 AM   #135

hey! my names darius, ive been trying to get into crawling and scale trail runs alot more and have been building my truck over the last 2 years, im 18 now and the truck is almost just where i want it, its a dual motor titan high voltage 12 t set up with an evx2 speed control that just got done. and waiting on some parts in the mail, i am running 1.9s, and have a set of 2.2s for mudding, ect. the boddy is a nikko hummer that has some added detail and working lights, with running lights, (integy kit) and still searching for the batteries i want to run. hope you enjoy the following pics

how it looked when the body first met the chassis

and now with all stickers off and the lights in place, (not on)

and in the dark

now this is the old set up, i had two regular titan 12 ts in it and 2 xl5 speed controls, but i was getting alot of gitter and running issues so it now has the high voltage titans and an evx 2 from an emaxx, pics just here to proove there are 2 motors in it lol

well lmk what you think, pm me if you wanna add me on fb and send me a friend request on here as well, im really interested in trying to orginize a scale comp of some sort in central mn (being that many are either from the northern or southern end i feel it would be fair somewhere like taylors falls or mor north maybe? please message me if your interested would be alot of fun!) hope to talk to you all more! thank you
dariusmather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:50 AM   #136

hey guys, im Joe. i live in Clearwater and im seriously looking at getting a scx10 here in the next month or so. anyone still around these parts that knows some good spots to go?
Random Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #137
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Username View Post
hey guys, im Joe. i live in Clearwater and im seriously looking at getting a scx10 here in the next month or so. anyone still around these parts that knows some good spots to go?
Welcome!
Don't know about your area, but Taylors Falls Interstate Park is a must see!

Hope to see you at some of the events!
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #138
Quarry Creeper

Hey Fellas, Im Aaron from Cottage Grove ten minutes south of St Paul.
I have had my Wraith for about a month now and I am getting it ready for some serious backyard action come this spring.
I have had it out a few time in hard packed snow, but I am a little paranoid about water and shorting anything out. I cant wait to get this sucker out on my rock pile in the backyard.

And yes I am a Pain In The Ass...well at work anyway.

Last edited by Pita; 03-10-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Pita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:35 AM   #139
Pebble Pounder

Whats up ya guys? My name is Scott and am a rc addict. Been into rc for a 2 years, racing short coarse trucks for 10 months and now just picked up a Vaterra Twin Hammer. Looking into doing some crawling, racing and bashing in the summer when my other hobbies don't interfer. I met some Members last Wednsday at Rc car king when people were checking out my Twin Hammer, I dont remember there names but one was refered to as "The Pres". Seemed like great guys and look forward to Meeting many more great Peeps.
Kzzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #140
Pebble Pounder

Welcome Pita and Kzzican!

Kzzican, be sure to post up pics in the rides section!
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote