Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #141
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

Thanks Semn, Will Do that once i get my aluminum panels done. fo sho!
Kzzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #142

Default Re: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

Hey to all rockcrawler fans. I have been checking out this site for a while now and I think it ROCKS. It gave me some good info on how I want to build my JK JEEP....Going Scale....
CLASSIC08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #143
Pebble Pounder

Hey CLASSIC08 ! Welcome to the site.
Be sure to check out the rest of the MN section and [post up your ride!

Meeting on the 17th of this month (March) at the Mermaid Ballroom to schedule the upcoming season. Hope to see you there!
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #144

Thanx...I will be there...
CLASSIC08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #145

Hey all... just checkin in as a newbie here tho i am not new to the hobby. I have a few axials and a couple bashers that cant stand to collect dust so i hope to meet up with several of you and put some time in on the rocks
hossdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #146
Pebble Pounder

Welcome Hossdoggy!

Keep an eye on these pages and join in whenever you can!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #147
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossdoggy View Post
Hey all... just checkin in as a newbie here tho i am not new to the hobby. I have a few axials and a couple bashers that cant stand to collect dust so i hope to meet up with several of you and put some time in on the rocks
Hey Neighbor !! I am just up 65th at the top of the hill from you.
I think when the snow melts out a bit I am gonna go scout out Grey Cloud Island for some crawling locations. I wonder if Afton State Park would be any good.
Pita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #148

I went out to grey cloud 2 weekends ago and gps showed the place but we couldnt find anything. The girlfriend and i are gonna go to the boom sight in stillwater or check out hastings this saterday if your interested pm your number and we can figure out a time
hossdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #149

How's it going everybody. I have been letting my crawler collect dust for too long and it's time to have fun with it again. I've only lived in Minnesota for a couple years so I don't know of good crawling spots near me. I live in Otsego, right next to Elk River. Are there any good hobby shops in the area? Any info would be great. Any crawlers live out near me? I've got a descent AX-10, just needs a new motor and battery pack but should have it up n running in a week or so. Thanks everybody
89XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #150
Pebble Pounder

Welcome!
Jerry's RC in Lno Lakes Or Hub Hobby in Little Canada would probably be closest to you, Someone from the metro area could chime in with more.

We just had our meeting to set up the events for the season, check out the thread and come join us!

See ya on the rocks!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89XJ View Post
How's it going everybody. I have been letting my crawler collect dust for too long and it's time to have fun with it again. I've only lived in Minnesota for a couple years so I don't know of good crawling spots near me. I live in Otsego, right next to Elk River. Are there any good hobby shops in the area? Any info would be great. Any crawlers live out near me? I've got a descent AX-10, just needs a new motor and battery pack but should have it up n running in a week or so. Thanks everybody

a guy in Princeton might make a crawling area in his yard, maybe
Kurtsara1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #152

Do they stock rock crawler parts or will they end up needing to order everything? I went to the hobbytown in Brooklyn Park and was pretty disappointed.
89XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #153
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89XJ View Post
Do they stock rock crawler parts or will they end up needing to order everything? I went to the hobbytown in Brooklyn Park and was pretty disappointed.
I've only been to Jerrys once, small but he some good stuff. Also we have purchased at least a half dozen cars from him at the swapmeet, great deals. Been to Hub a few times, they have quite a variety. You also need to check out RC Car Kings in Burnsville, they have a very good selection of stuff.

Last edited by semnmrc; 04-04-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #154

Hello, just picked up an scx10 a week ago from rc car kings. Got a chance to drive it for the first time this morning before the rain. This is my first strait axel truck. And So far, i kove it. I have sc trucks and raced at TCORC this last season that just ended yesterday. Now I'm looking to do some trailing.
Mnsotadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #155
Donkey Punch Champion!

Welcome. Your scaler will be most fun with 3 things. Waterproof, lights and a winch. In that order. Waterproof ensures you can drive it in and around anything, including this great weather. The lights will be so you can drive it day or night. The winch last, it's when you get pissed you can't make a certain line. Just hook your winch and pull your truck through. . Don't forget to check out the schedule and get out to the rocks with us. See ya soon.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #156

Hi all. Have had a Creeper for several years now and am going to put some of the ground r/c to use this year to share with my son. I fly large scale rec, but am looking forward to using a new 1/8 scale buggy, 10th scale short course truck and the creeper. I'm looking forward to making it to Taylors Falls to get in on some competition with you.
octanehuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #157
Quarry Creeper

Welcome, I'm from Stillwater too. This is a great club, we hope you can make it out.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:59 AM   #158

Cool Hi all new to the site

Hi all not sure if this is the right place for me to introduce but hey if not please move it over lol...
well im kaylan from nottingham uk been in the cralwer/scaler seen for around 2 years know i started out with a second hand axial scx10 that was a bit worst for were when i got so since then it's had a few different looks and set ups.i still have the rig to this day and recently just purchased a mavrick scout to mod and use for crawling as i thought id ide try my hand at that to. Currently my scx is running

A rebuilt ignified G.made 55t motor
traxxas wp xl5 esc
mg996r 9kg servo
3racing winch
hobbyking 5a BEC
1.9 Micky Thomson Baja Claws on 1.9 axial beedlocks
custom hand made steel bumpers f/r and steel sliders
ford f350 hardbody
topcad cvd's alloy knuckles,,and hubs
G.transition shocks on droop setting
flysky gt3b tx

so thats about it lol i will get some pics up soon in the 1.9 thread..

cheers KAY
kay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:13 PM   #159
Rock Stacker

Hey guy! Another Noob here. I just bought a used SCX10 Honcho a few weeks back. It has the stock motor and servo in it. The esc was fried so I put one in from my SC10 that I had left over from a brushless upgrade. I'm hoping in the next month or so that I come up with some extra money for a true crawler esc. It has E-maxx shocks and 2.2 Pro-line rims with Flat Irons. I've moved all the electronics into two plastic project boxes from radio shack and mounted them on each side of the motor which enabled me to lower the batteries center of gravity and clean up the wiring. I'm looking for some good guys to go crawling with and get some pointers. I am out of town June 2nd, so I am going to miss the MNRCRC competition at Taylors Falls, but I'm going to try and make it to the one at the end of June to come watch or maybe compete myself. Anyone interest in doing some casual crawling or trail riding, shoot me a PM.
mncrawler89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #160
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mncrawler89 View Post
Hey guy! Another Noob here. I just bought a used SCX10 Honcho a few weeks back. It has the stock motor and servo in it. The esc was fried so I put one in from my SC10 that I had left over from a brushless upgrade. I'm hoping in the next month or so that I come up with some extra money for a true crawler esc. It has E-maxx shocks and 2.2 Pro-line rims with Flat Irons. I've moved all the electronics into two plastic project boxes from radio shack and mounted them on each side of the motor which enabled me to lower the batteries center of gravity and clean up the wiring. I'm looking for some good guys to go crawling with and get some pointers. I am out of town June 2nd, so I am going to miss the MNRCRC competition at Taylors Falls, but I'm going to try and make it to the one at the end of June to come watch or maybe compete myself. Anyone interest in doing some casual crawling or trail riding, shoot me a PM.
Welcome aboard!