Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #81

Hi, my name is Adam. I have raced RC cars for quite some time now, (Currently run in the MN Nitro Series, and run in Tea's summer offroad series). I have been looking at the good times to be had with a crawler and have got the itch to get one now. Hopefully I will be getting a scx10 Honcho kit in the near future so I can join in the fun.
notproyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by notproyet View Post
Hi, my name is Adam. I have raced RC cars for quite some time now, (Currently run in the MN Nitro Series, and run in Tea's summer offroad series). I have been looking at the good times to be had with a crawler and have got the itch to get one now. Hopefully I will be getting a scx10 Honcho kit in the near future so I can join in the fun.
welcome
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcorn View Post
I'm a newb... RTR Honcho...
Build thread: First Mods to the Honcho...
you still around?
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #84
Rock Stacker

Hello My Name is Curt. From Northern MN area around Duluth. Just getting back into RC's and Crawling is intrested me the most. I raced RC Trucks back 14+ years ago and there was no crawling back then. then did planes for about 2 years. Fell away from the RC world when I had kids and got married but plan to do this with my Son when he is a few years older but the kid in me just couldn't stay away. So anyway hope to see you guys around this summer.
s
Reddogsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #85
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddogsf View Post
Hello My Name is Curt. From Northern MN area around Duluth. Just getting back into RC's and Crawling is intrested me the most. I raced RC Trucks back 14+ years ago and there was no crawling back then. then did planes for about 2 years. Fell away from the RC world when I had kids and got married but plan to do this with my Son when he is a few years older but the kid in me just couldn't stay away. So anyway hope to see you guys around this summer.
s

Welcome aboard
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #86
Pebble Pounder

Welcome Curt. I have a 7 year old and he competes & loves it. Hope to see you this spring on the rocks.
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #87
Rock Stacker

Default Hey Guys

Hi my name is Shane, from the twin cities. I have been having fun with Rc's for most of my life, never competed though, not sure if I even plan to. I have a losi 1/18 crawler in Fl and a honcho up here, picked it up about a month ago. My SCX is stock but I've got a rc4wd steel bumper set, winch going on this week , and am planning on junking the esc as soon as possible.

I am thinking of coming out to one of the comps this spring, would be fun to hang out and meet you guys. Spring is great for wheelin', water holes everywhere!

PS my screen name is cause I have a dodge 1:1 with a 10in lift and 36in swampers that I am thinking of replicating with my scx10....
RCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #88
Pebble Pounder

Welcome Shane. Hope to see your rides including the 1:1 at Taylors Falls real soon.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #89

Hi my name is Song. New to RCs. living in Twin Cities area. Say hello to everyone on this board~

I actually started from a RC Chevy Camaro from Target for 13 bucks But this little bumblebee cannot go wherever I want it to go, so I did a little research through the internet.... Then I fell deep into this great new world~ No toy class, Let's do hobby~

Now I have a Losi micro highroller for home fun. A traxxas summit for bashing and crawling (it is not professional in either bashing or crawling, but I like its all around and non-stoppable). A SCX 10 dingo for trail run and some light crawling.

So I am not a pure crawling people....like my baby more scale looking and going trails. However, I 'd like to meet you guys some time in the coming spring~ not for competing, just having fun~~

Here is my first post in this forum: my 2 dr jeep build:
Proline Jeep JK 2dr

still being a newbie,but enjoy~
wxgs333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #90
Rock Stacker

Hey Song, nice to meet you. And thanks for the welcome. I am hoping to come out on the 17th. As far as my 1:1, haven't run it for a couple years. I don't have the mony to fix it up, don't have the will power to sell it, too many memories.

Like I said, I don't have a crawler this season, but scalers are people too right?

Shane
RCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #91
Pebble Pounder

Default New member

Just joined. Just bought a Losi Mini Rock Crawler at the swapmeet in Mounds View.

Working on my eye/hand coordination!

Live in Eyota and hope to meet and crawl with y'all!

My son is minnesotamudder.

Bill
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #92
Pebble Pounder

Welcome. I bought a few goodies myseld today for my losi mini rock crawlers. Some how I got talked into some new wheels by ballers ridicule & harassment. I think I will like them.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #93

Hey ya'll, just bit the bullet on my Scale Build with the kick ass billet rims that I picked up at the swap meet today, after some "gentle" persuasion ;) I think that I will be picking up a SCX10 Trail Hancho to go with them...
Jakezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:24 AM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakezilla View Post
Hey ya'll, just bit the bullet on my Scale Build with the kick ass billet rims that I picked up at the swap meet today, after some "gentle" persuasion ;) I think that I will be picking up a SCX10 Trail Hancho to go with them...
Hmmm let me guess... Baller??

Last edited by CmdrZod; 04-04-2011 at 12:58 PM.
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Nice to know those 1.9" wheels stayed in the area.. Lmk when they are for sale.

Baller sells sand to vaginas. You're lucky that's all you bought.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #96

haha! I got him to throw in some scale chip bags (with scale chips!!) and some tire weight, you guys just have to learn how to deal
Old 04-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #97

Wow, that "Baller" guy sounds like a real jerk!!!

J/K Ryan!

My name's John (as I'm sure you can tell by my user name), and after months of relentless peer pressure (you know who you are! ), I'm the proud new owner of an SCX10. Looking forward to some relaxing days driving up, over, and thru lots of dirt, mud, and whatever else gets in the way!

Hey Jake,

Did you actually buy a truck to go with those FANCY new wheels yet?? Dude, sh!t or get off the pot!! lol

Last edited by John Schroer; 04-07-2011 at 01:22 PM.
John Schroer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:38 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Schroer View Post
Hey Jake,

Did you actually buy a truck to go with those FANCY new wheels yet?? Dude, sh!t or get off the pot!! lol
There are TOO MANY f'in options! I have spent a good 20 hours this week looking through build threads, searching for sale sections, and checking out all the stores.

Option 1
SCX10 Trail Hancho Kit
Servo relocation, 4 link upgrade, shock upgrade eventually, front dig?
I actually rather like the stock Hancho body, and adding my own paint and accessories (interior, under tray, chip bag, etc) I think I can make it stand out.

Option 2
rc4wd kit - Timberwolf
I originally didn't like this type of scaler (cab-less tuber) but after looking at a few builds and pictures, I really am starting to dig it. I have been reading over on the rc4wd forum and it sounds like there have been some issues with drive train resiliency.

Anyway I go I am going to run ProLine TSL Swampers on my sweeeeet rims and probably Tekin FXR+35T, 3S, High Voltage JR servo I have from my 8th scale for electronics

I am just having a hard time choosing between the super popular product with a large aftermarket, or the chassis that is geared more towards the maker. I am more of a buyer when it comes to metal/welded parts due to my lack of access to tools.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #99

hey whats up guys my name is dino and i come from the town of bed rock
rockwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #100
Pebble Pounder

Welcome Dino. We have acomp this Sunday at Taylors Falls. You should check it out. Check the comp schedule on the top of the MN page.