Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #161

Default Re: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

hey guys im in cottage grove and gonna be buying a rtr trail honcho soon. hope to run into someone soon who can show me the ropes. i have tamiya semis all customized so im familiar with rc's but crawlers are new to me. cant wait hoping to be surprised on fathers day with honcho. then a 35 turn motor and some metal bar links to start out. then just keep going from there. cant wait to chat or hang out. also looking for a chevy truck body for the honch do they exist and will it fit on honcho? thanx cory
Diesel demond is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #162
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

Proline makes a few Chevy's. Since you're in Cottage Grove you should check out the Spring Lake Park Reserve/ Schaar's Bluff park in Hastings. I've been there a few times and it's great for crawlers and scalers.
road_rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by road_rascal View Post
Proline makes a few Chevy's. Since you're in Cottage Grove you should check out the Spring Lake Park Reserve/ Schaar's Bluff park in Hastings. I've been there a few times and it's great for crawlers and scalers.
cool thanx im right next to hastings and spring lake park is about 35 minutes away not bad either. their is so much more for crawlers here in minnesota then rc semis gotta drive like 4 to 8 hours away to play and hang out with them!
Diesel demond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #164

Smile Re: New member intro area. A place for new MNRCRC members to introduce them selfs

Hey y'all, I just picked up a used Wraith and want to get together with people to crawl. I live in Fridley, right on Rice Creek. I've found some little stuff to play on, and set up a small obstacle course in my garage...it will Definitely get bigger as I meet people.

I used to own a CJ5, did a lot of crawling in Moab, California, and Idaho, but now I can't justify the $ for another one, so I'm going the scale route...

Hope to meet somma y'all soon!
Orange58Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:25 AM   #165

hi, my name is mike i live in owatonna MN which is about 45 minutes south of burnsville. i have been bashing for about 3 years and would like to get more involved with rock crawling and Formula offroad rigs.

my wraith after a day at the park

what it looks like three months later.
karki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #166
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by karki View Post
hi, my name is mike i live in owatonna MN which is about 45 minutes south of burnsville. i have been bashing for about 3 years and would like to get more involved with rock crawling and Formula offroad rigs.

my wraith after a day at the park

what it looks like three months later.
Hey karki, welcome!
There's a park over in Owatonna that's right off of Bridge street along the river that looks like it might be kind of fun, by the bridge. We saw it when we (minnesotamudder and I ) were at a birthday party. Is that the park of which you speak? Sometime we'd like to get back over there with our trucks and check it out.
Hope to see you at an event.
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #167
Defy Gravity

karki, you're not far from me at all. i plan on making the comp on the 18th at taylor if you want to carpool.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by semnmrc View Post
Hey karki, welcome!
There's a park over in Owatonna that's right off of Bridge street along the river that looks like it might be kind of fun, by the bridge. We saw it when we (minnesotamudder and I ) were at a birthday party. Is that the park of which you speak? Sometime we'd like to get back over there with our trucks and check it out.
Hope to see you at an event.
That is another great spot for crawling but we go trailing at mineralsprings where there is a little more room between us and the river
karki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #169

Hey guys! I'm from Chaska. I have been lurking on this site for quite some time now. It's been awhile since i have been into RC's. Holy crap how the industry has changed. Anyways I picked up a scx10 honcho in the winter and never did anything to it til now. Well it's a mess right now. Yesterday I picked up a wraith and also the link upgrade. Since I got it, I have been reading up on everything about them.....so.much.information
I'm also into european cars. Had a 84 rabbit gti.
Hope I get to meet some of you!
mnpr1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #170

Well finally got some things done. New interco IROK super swampers, strc steering link and drag link, axial link upgrade, rear cage mod, ordered up a cc bec and some king 110mm shocks. Also picked up a traxxas 87t 48p spur gear. I think that should work for the time being? any advice would be greatly appreciated! Since I only have 30wt oil laying around that is what I will use for the shocks. Man this stuff is addicting!
mnpr1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:16 AM   #171

Doesn't look like there's much action in here, it's about time I posted though. Gotta meet some trail/crawler guys around here!

I'm in Shoreview & I'm seeing there's a few guys pretty darn close.
Kinda new to the scaler & crawler part of the hobby (had a clodzilla way back in the day and a creeper a while ago, but didn't do much with either) but now I've built a few new rigs this season and they need to finally get some use. Haven't taken them out to run yet, I tend to stick to building them more since I don't know too many people and RC'ing alone isn't nearly as fun. Going on a trail run with a bunch of RCer's especially seems like a ton of fun.

Got some SCX10's, a Trailfinder 2, and a Wraith ready to go though

So just saying hey and poking around here to see what's happening in my area.
Happy crawling!
-Jeff
midnightsabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:08 AM   #172
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightsabotage View Post
Doesn't look like there's much action in here, it's about time I posted though. Gotta meet some trail/crawler guys around here!

I'm in Shoreview & I'm seeing there's a few guys pretty darn close.
Kinda new to the scaler & crawler part of the hobby (had a clodzilla way back in the day and a creeper a while ago, but didn't do much with either) but now I've built a few new rigs this season and they need to finally get some use. Haven't taken them out to run yet, I tend to stick to building them more since I don't know too many people and RC'ing alone isn't nearly as fun. Going on a trail run with a bunch of RCer's especially seems like a ton of fun.

Got some SCX10's, a Trailfinder 2, and a Wraith ready to go though

So just saying hey and poking around here to see what's happening in my area.
Happy crawling!
-Jeff
Welcome, and keep your eyes open for a schedule of upcoming events, 'though it will probably be a couple months.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #173
Pebble Pounder

Hey im in st paul and white bear lake. my family actaully owns a bar in wbl. anyways my rig will be done soon and i wouldnt mind meeting some new people close by to crawl with. Im building an scx10 scaler. making a silverado . i figure ill be ready by the begining of feburary if you want to go run sometime.
Thanks Jeff
jh1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:33 AM   #174

Hi all! Been a long time lurker and just pulled the trigger on an SCX-10 Rubicon RTR. Looking forward to crawling. Also have Slash 4x4 that I don't bash nearly enough. I'm located in Apple Valley, but work downtown Minneapolis.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
kevin06vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #175

Howdy,

I'm new to Minnesota and New to crawlers, at least the little ones. I remember how much fun it was to race R/Cs so I also got my 5 year old a crawlers, his is a redcat 2.2, mine is a Axial 1.9. I would love to get back into competitive racing. I still have my Losi Pro SE and my RC10 b2 but times have changed it seems, and I think Crawling is the way to go now. I would also know what MN has for 1:1 wheeling as I get the big one back up and running.

I'm in Chaska and work downtown, it would be great to find other wheelers in the area, although the back yard snow bashing is pretty dang fun.

Here's my SCX10

Here it is with the 1:1 version of it that's rusting away in my Garage
colombiapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:40 PM   #176

Newb to scale rigs, but not to r/c, just ordered a scx10 jeep. I already know how expensive r/c can be but man the scale rigs sure seem to step it up a notch. I can't afford my big toys anymore so I thought this would be a good alternative. I really look forward to having something my son and I can do together. BTW I'm from Duluth area.
Z8APOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #177

Hi guys. Just bought my 1st crawler this winter and have been looking for other locals to meet up with or just to chat with about RC. I've been into RC on and off for years, but made a purchase of some on road vehicles last summer. I found that to be kind of lacking and then turned to crawler/buggys this winter and I think I found my niche. Anyhow, looking forward to learning some stuff from you guys and maybe meeting a few of you.
QuinnCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:28 PM   #178
Pebble Pounder

Welcome guys! Stay tuned to these pages for upcoming events.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #179

Hey, my name is Patrick. I'm from lakeville, I have a wraith that I wheel. I'm also into suzuki's in the 1:1 world. I built my wraith and have only wheeled with a couple buddies. I usually only go to Taylor's falls or a local bridge to wheel. I'm interested in wheeling with some more people and different rigs.
foxsuperduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #180
Quarry Creeper

New to the forum here, but not new to rc. Have a few short course trucks, a few drift cars, and my SCX10 Honcho with the F250 cab.

Attended the MN Snow Crawl today with a buddy on here who just recently joined as well, and had an absolute blast! And I look forward to coming to more events like it.

Here's a pic of my SCX10, which I've nicknamed SuperDrty, hence the sn.

-Derek
SuperDrty is offline   Reply With Quote