LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 07:09 AM   #101

Yeah but this radio is not pistol style unfortunately. :-(

Thanks anyway.
Marto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #102

O.k. then, another easy one:

When you guys connect 2 motors with 1 ESC, are the motors connected in series or parallel to the ESC?
Old 07-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #103
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
O.k. then, another easy one:

When you guys connect 2 motors with 1 ESC, are the motors connected in series or parallel to the ESC?
I beleive they are series. Because you have to short out one of the motors
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #104
Rock Crawler

They're wired parallel
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failedabortion View Post
They're wired parallel
Thanks.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #106
WOOPOOW!!

I never was good with the whole parralel/ series circuits back in science in 8th grade. I hated my teacher too much Thanks for the correction failed
Old 07-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #107

Default need new friends

Newby here! I dropped a fat load of cash on a trick crawler. I live in Snoqualmie Washington. Where and how can I find some experienced crawlers in my area? I am looking to have fun and learn from others any suggestions?
pimpen and crawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #108

Default need new friends

Newby here! I dropped a fat load of cash on a trick crawler. I live in Snoqualmie Washington. Where and how can I find some experienced crawlers in my area? I am looking to have fun and learn from others any suggestions?
pimpen and crawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #109
WOOPOOW!!

Look in the regional section here on RCC, find washington, post up with an introduction and people will let you know where they are
Old 07-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #110
Rock Crawler

I just now noticed this thread. Great idea, you might even be able to use this as community service thing if you ever need it for anything. I worked in a hobby shop until we closed, I enjoyed helping new people figure things out. Awesome idea, keep it up
axman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #111
RCC Addict

I've got 1. Since you broached the topic earlier in the thread. Berg vs Bully axles. Is there really a big weight difference? I was told bully's were much heavier and thus to go berg. Any reality to this?
meffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:40 PM   #112
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyTheKid View Post
Thanks Reflection for the sticky!! Who needs some help

HelP!!?? Bought a set up berg from a friend. 3s lipo, Twin FX-R, stainless lower arms, mayham(?) wheels, JR DS8711 servo, cc BEC, 35t motors, ect, ect...My question is with receivers. He kept his Futaba receiver as I run an M-11 with spektrum module and FM module. I marked what ports they came out of but can't figure why there is 4 channels used, I assume for DIG or BEC??? Don't want to unwrap his wiring bucause it's really tidy. He says it' s the exact setup as someone called justzack. Can I use one of my 3 ch receivers with an accessory power port or do I need 4ch receiver?
picklewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #113
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklewagon View Post
My question is with receivers. He kept his Futaba receiver as I run an M-11 with spektrum module and FM module. I marked what ports they came out of but can't figure why there is 4 channels used, I assume for DIG or BEC??? Don't want to unwrap his wiring bucause it's really tidy. He says it' s the exact setup as someone called justzack. Can I use one of my 3 ch receivers with an accessory power port or do I need 4ch receiver?
Hmm, well your BEC goes in the battery slot, which is not considered a channel.

BAT- 6v battery pack or BEC
CH1- Steering
CH2- ESC/Throttle
CH3- Accessory, ie dig/rear steer
CH4- Accessory, ie dig/rear steer

Can we get some pics of your electronics? it would help a lot.
eron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by meffie View Post
I've got 1. Since you broached the topic earlier in the thread. Berg vs Bully axles. Is there really a big weight difference? I was told bully's were much heavier and thus to go berg. Any reality to this?

Yes. The new bully axles are 1.18kg/2.6lbs (front and rear). I looked around and couldn't find the weight of the Berg axles alone, but i do know they are lighter.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #115
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post
Hmm, well your BEC goes in the battery slot, which is not considered a channel.

BAT- 6v battery pack or BEC
CH1- Steering
CH2- ESC/Throttle
CH3- Accessory, ie dig/rear steer
CH4- Accessory, ie dig/rear steer

Can we get some pics of your electronics? it would help a lot.
OK, curiosity got me...1-4 in channels he had plugged in...1=steering servo 2=bec 3= esc with red wire cut away and insulated to nothing 4= other esc with red wier cut away as 1st one? WTF ?? I drove the thing before I took his receiver out.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpen and crawling View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpen and crawling View Post

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/washington/
Old 07-18-2009, 07:08 PM   #117
Rock Crawler

Quote:
OK, curiosity got me...1-4 in channels he had plugged in...1=steering servo 2=bec 3= esc with red wire cut away and insulated to nothing 4= other esc with red wier cut away as 1st one? WTF ?? I drove the thing before I took his receiver out.

Okay no, your accessorys are plugged in wrong. Plug them in like my diagram.

The red plug on the ESC is cut because of the BEC. Your esc has a internal BEC in it already. The external BEC keeps more power to your servos.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #118
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post
Okay no, your accessorys are plugged in wrong. Plug them in like my diagram.

The red plug on the ESC is cut because of the BEC. Your esc has a internal BEC in it already. The external BEC keeps more power to your servos.

Got it...BEC...My issue with your diagram is it is 1 steering 2 throttle 3-4 dig.. I have 2 esc's (throttle) and unfortunatly have only a 3 ch receiver! Thanks for all your help here, I really appreciate it!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:26 AM   #119
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That is the best way I have found for running Dual ESC's with a 4ch radio.

Plug both ESC's into chanels 3 and 4 and Mix them with channel 2. You can plug the BEC into CH2.

The reason for not using CH2 is because any adjust made within the radio on CH2 is copied to CH3 and CH4.

EX: your Front ESC is in CH2 and Rear is in CH3. Set your Dual Rate for 0 on CH3 and the rear motor is dead and you front motor still has power to do a front Dig. But if you set the Dual Rate to 0 on CH2 the Front motor is now dead. Since CH2 is mixed with CH3 the rear motor is now also dead so instead if doing a rear Dig both motors are dead.

I use this setup on a Nomadio 4CH and it works great. It is my understanding from talking to Harley0706 that the same setup is used in the 4PK.
TLTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #120
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Got it...BEC...My issue with your diagram is it is 1 steering 2 throttle 3-4 dig.. I have 2 esc's (throttle) and unfortunatly have only a 3 ch receiver! Thanks for all your help here, I really appreciate it!
Don't take my word for it but,

From what I have read when using 2 ESC's and a 3ch radio is you can't do a true Dig. Plug the Front into CH2 and Rear into CH3. You then do Front and rear Digs by making the rear spin slower than the front for a front Dig, Or make the rear spin faster than the front for a rear dig. The Front ESC will never loose power. You can only make the rear spin faster or slower.

If you are using a Futaba 3ch I would recommend getting into contact with Harley0706 about setting up 2 ESC's and a 3ch radio.
TLTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial, berg, help noob, whats a dig?, whats clod stall?