Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #1701

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hello all.
I live in Colorado Springs. I don't have a Crawler yet. I am looking at the Axial Honcho for my first RC. I look forward to meeting all of you. I will try not to ask the redundant questions untill after I have exhaused all attempts of research. I would like to get in contact with others from my area so if anyone lives in the Black Forest I would love meet and discuss RC crawlers with you.
Silverhawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #1702

I have been crawling with the orcrc guys for about a year now having a great time with it.
I have a 2.2s
live in eugene or.
the hang over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #1703
jcd

Hey all, my names Jacob and I'm from Arizona. As an '80s kid who grew up racing Tamiya buggies and a long time Jeep owner, I figured scale crawlers would be a great way to get back into RC, plus now having a kid, I can say it's all for him ;) I picked up an SCX10 Honcho and have been slowly building it into a 1.9 Jeep trail rig.
jcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #1704

Aloha from Hawaii, been into RC since the late 80's, recently returned to the hobby after a 4 year break, and im very excited getting back in with crawlers! picked up a honco RTR, and just finished a CC01 build, but had some issues with it. trying to get in touch with other locals and to be a contributing member of this site but nothing i post gets approved =/ anyways see ya around!
ej25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #1705

Hello, another newb checking in.

I picked up a Proline Jeep Cherokee body at the LHS ( I have a 1:1 cherokee as well) while picking up some stuff for my touring car. I also ordered the venom rtr safari kit since I've never had a crawler before. I already have some mods planned to make it more scale. 1.9s, winch, roof rack for the jeep body, fender flares, and a trailer hitch with a custom hitch hauler for a dirt bike just like my 1:1 ride. The goal is to have a scale version of my daily driver to bash when I'm out on trail rides with my mx bike.

Jason
camaroguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #1706

Hello,

I live in Évora (Portugal). I don't have a Crawler yet, i´m building a XR10 with chassis Mantis.

I just have a scx10 honcho with body of defender d90...that was +- when i started in rc.

I hope to learn something more here on the forum.

Bye
vmcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #1707

Hello. My name's harry from northwestern PA. New to rc/scalers have two losi mini crawlers, two losi micro crawlers and a axial scx10 honcho. This forum has great ideas and support for this hobby.
iguana102602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #1708

my name is Ryan i live in Illinois and been crawling for about a month
i have an axial scx10 with dingo body with novak eiger pro with BEC and rockstar 35T i run a 5000 onyx lipo and a DX3C radio
farrell93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #1709

Rick from utah. Just built a scx10 honcho. I've been into RC's forever, just never scaler's. This forum should even make it more fun!
rcrick263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #1710
Quarry Creeper

just ordered my scx10. seems a much cheaper way to go 4 wheeling than my 93 wrangler was.
I've been into rc cars since the early 90's and recently found my old rc12l
it still works! it has been sitting in my folks basement since 94,sadly it was nearly impossible to find anything new for it, wheels,tires,etc.
So I bought an E10 drift car,lots of fun for the money, but while I was at a shop up in ma I decided I really wanted a crawler too. So now that I'm home I went ahead and ordered a honcho, I really like the scale crawlers,they make me nostalgic for my jeep days.

Really been loving some of the builds I've seen on here like, noobs fj55,and wolfcreek rc orv park

It is going to be interesting finding crawl spots here in downtown chicago
but I will

Adam
2.slowduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #1711
Rock Crawler

Hi all. Steve C here (ORA) from Garden Grove CA. Just getting into crawling and it is already addictive and I haven't done anything yet.
If anyone knows any spots in SoCal to crawl, let me know. Haven't had a chance to get out yet, but planning on it soon.

What I have;
SC10 RS RTR - MMP(SCT) 3800, full lights, as much aluminum as I could find, Proline beadloc's, paddles,razors (sand), proline dirt tires for dirt.
Newly acquired;
GMade R1 (roller) - Goat3/ESC/BEC, tons of aluminum upgrades, Futaba 4PL
Axial Wraith RTR - stock (right now. waiting for latest shipment to upgrade)
offroadace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #1712

SCX10 kit I bought last week. Really liking it. Took it on a 2.3 mile hike tonight - on one battery.
Fendbass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #1713
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fendbass22 View Post
SCX10 kit I bought last week. Really liking it. Took it on a 2.3 mile hike tonight - on one battery.
Might I ask what kind/rating battery?
monkeymagic9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #1714

Hello I'm Zach I'm from Kennewick Washington
my rigs are custom in the works wheel king crawler/dune killer
and a slash 4x4
and i am always looking for another one to build
like a 6x6 or 8x8 i have some awesome ideas just not the money to build all the trucks or some of the know how
Zrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #1715

hy all,this site has gotten me more into the hobby of scale rigs to the piont over the past 4 years that i have sold the 8 nitros that i had gather over a years time,i now build my own chassis and all hard body rigs that i can,i find a hard body and build from there,i help with the ttc here in florida with (yoda 4x4) and love it want to build more but do to a change in my job my money is more limited than it was,have always built rather than buy if can but things i need to build are getting to be easier to find but can't afford to get them any more have lots of body and chassis that i need axles and transmissions and elcectronics.i have built mostly jeeps but have others,have six in stable i have pieced together,with two of them placing first to third at our ttc events.will get the picks up of them asapin the proper places for your looking,thanks for the site its great to share in this great hobby with others and at one point would like to be able to make it to a national event,all on here are very helpful and give good infomation,and all have great rigs.
thanks david
rockrat426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #1716

Hey all,
I'm Mike I live in Mesa, Az. I don't currently have any crawlers or anything R/C for that matter. I used to, thirty years ago. Now I would like to build a crawler with my son. Thanks for any advice in advance!
Cheers,
Mike
mlaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #1717

Smile Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadace View Post
Hi all. Steve C here (ORA) from Garden Grove CA. Just getting into crawling and it is already addictive and I haven't done anything yet.
If anyone knows any spots in SoCal to crawl, let me know. Haven't had a chance to get out yet, but planning on it soon.

What I have;
SC10 RS RTR - MMP(SCT) 3800, full lights, as much aluminum as I could find, Proline beadloc's, paddles,razors (sand), proline dirt tires for dirt.
Newly acquired;
GMade R1 (roller) - Goat3/ESC/BEC, tons of aluminum upgrades, Futaba 4PL
Axial Wraith RTR - stock (right now. waiting for latest shipment to upgrade)
I Need RC Friends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #1718

hey man im from socal santa ana. we should go hit up corona del mar beach and crawl there. its the best spot i know by far
Old 12-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #1719

im in santa ana. i have an axial scx10 scaler
Old 12-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #1720

My name is Chris. I'm from Novato California. I just got a Rtr axial scx10 trail honcho. And the second I started driving it the motor or what I think I the motor makes a squeal noise. And the tires won't spin. Any suggestions on why it might be. Thanks
Axial Expert is offline   Reply With Quote