Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Rally

Notices

Thread: Turtle's Modified XV-01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2015, 05:28 AM   #481
Quarry Creeper

Default Turtle's Modified XV-01

You really should have started a thread with this question. That said, I will say that the motor & esc combo you specified is too much motor for a chassis that size of you are going to run a 3S battery. I tried to put the same combo in a TT-02 and it was a missle, way too much power. Unless you're trying for a land speed record. As I have learned, you should have bought a motor that had a kv rating between 3000 and 3800-ish.

The XV-01 won't have the torque steer problems that I saw, but it'll still be way too fast. Maybe running a 2S battery will help,but I haven't tried that myself yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pixelnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2015, 10:31 AM   #482

Default Re: Turtle's Modified XV-01

Ok no worries I will start an new thread
I think I confused you slightly though I only meant to use a 2s
SxJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:43 AM   #483

I see that you have lost your spoiler to, haha ! I have the same problem in my fiesta, first one I've lost in the grass battle and the second one just shattered to pieces with assistance of my wolfdog I wonder if VTR230033 spoiler which comes with Vaterra Fiesta would fit to MR's Fiesta. For sure would be more durable to my needs

Does anyone have possibility to check that for me please ?
Skyggedans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #484
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyggedans View Post

I see that you have lost your spoiler to, haha ! I have the same problem in my fiesta, first one I've lost in the grass battle and the second one just shattered to pieces with assistance of my wolfdog I wonder if VTR230033 spoiler which comes with Vaterra Fiesta would fit to MR's Fiesta. For sure would be more durable to my needs

Does anyone have possibility to check that for me please ?
The Vaterra, although stated as 1/10, is one of the larger cars - more like 1/8. So I'd say no.
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:20 PM   #485

[quote]There was one gear that worried me a little, it sits on one of the shafts on a hexagon section, it seemed to have a little play, but in the end its probably not as bad as I think.

[/qoute]

Oh yeah ! you should ! Ive teared,striped,melted,rounded the hex from inside due to killer gen2 5,5t Tekin motor, you named it, those couple of dosens !

The hexagonal shaft is the weakest point in my XV. I've tried to fix that by drilling the shaft and gear inside out and inserting a pin in the hole to eliminate any play, but with no luck The pin slips from the hole and binds the gears while driving, and result is as seen as in above picture

Now im moving to slipper clutch after rebuild and ill see is that making and diffrence in durability. If that would not work I'll have to move from Tekin 5,5T motor to 3-pole savox 9,5T which is laying somewere.

To my surprise no one come with alloy g parts as a nice hop up to replace the standard plastics, I would be in first place to buy a set

Last edited by Skyggedans; 06-11-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:11 PM   #486

[QUOTE=BasicMods;4080216]

I keep breaking the K2 part in the same place on both sides

QUOTE]

This is my solution from 2,5 mm aluminium plate ;)
Old 07-12-2015, 08:59 AM   #487

Wow great thread guys. I've been wanting to get a rally car for about a year now. I was between this and a Kyosho Fazer. But after reading this thread last night and today I think you've convinced me on the XV.
devast8r3436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:17 PM   #488

Hey TY have you changed any weights of your fluids?
Old 07-13-2015, 08:04 AM   #489
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by devast8r3436 View Post
Hey TY have you changed any weights of your fluids?
Haven't done much with the car since the season ended in April. I was last running 15k front and 10k rear hoping it would stay in the diffs longer, but I checked them yesterday and they were both empty. I am going to try pretty much a all new setup for this season and see if I can find a perfect set up for my driving style.

With that said I tore my old car down and cleaned all the parts that will be transferring to my new car. It was time for a completely fresh rebuild.

TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:08 AM   #490

Keep us posted please
Old 07-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #491

What're you doing with the old car? What you aren't going to use that is
Old 07-13-2015, 08:23 PM   #492
Rock Stacker

TamiyaUSA has listed the Pro kit as discontinued. Pro Ver II is in the works?
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:58 PM   #493

Quote:
What're you doing with the old car? What you aren't going to use that is
Im not sure yet. Right now it is just a pile of parts. I will probably put it together as a roller, at least half of it will be new parts.

Got a lot of the car put together today. There are several things I modify and change as I build these cars so the car took a while to assemble.

While there are several modifications to keep these cars running I'll just highlight a couple (at one point or another they have all been covered in this thread anyway).

First is "shimming" this gear, I don't necessarily shim to keep it tight but to keep the pin from eating into the plastic NN part.

Then cleaned and re-used all the aluminum steering parts, all the bearings were trash, but all the aluminum was in good shape.

Back to 7k front, 3k rear, Losi gold springs front and rear, 20wt. shock oil rear, 40wt. front and I went to some longer rod ends on the rear shocks to get a little more height out of the rear end. Other then that, its the same old car with some fresh parts and heavily cleaned aluminum.

And another 2014 Ford Fiesta WRC
Old 07-14-2015, 06:55 PM   #494

Looking good. How many shims did you use on that gear?
Old 07-14-2015, 10:56 PM   #495

Quote:
Looking good. How many shims did you use on that gear?
It's actually a shaved down 4mm washer. I attached it to some strong magnets and pressed it against my bench grinder.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:34 AM   #496

So question, has your little vent for the ESC cover worked? My SV3 constantly overheats in the 85* weather here in the midwest, since its all dust/waterproof except for my servo ive begun to just take the covers off, might put a screen over them, but for now thats what ive resorted to. Your little vent pop up looks a lot more elegant ha.

Edit: Little vent does work, did mine that way, I also noticed the plastic tie rod ends suck, they pop off a lot and ive lost a driveshaft that way. And if anyone was wondering the 5700kv will destroy your gears unless you get a slipper :P

Also can you share the part numbers for your spring/damper setup? Think I found all them but dont know about the springs, losi makes tons of springs.

Last edited by Wschnitz; 08-17-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Wschnitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #497
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Im not sure yet. Right now it is just a pile of parts. I will probably put it together as a roller, at least half of it will be new parts.

Got a lot of the car put together today. There are several things I modify and change as I build these cars so the car took a while to assemble.

While there are several modifications to keep these cars running I'll just highlight a couple (at one point or another they have all been covered in this thread anyway).

First is "shimming" this gear, I don't necessarily shim to keep it tight but to keep the pin from eating into the plastic NN part.

Then cleaned and re-used all the aluminum steering parts, all the bearings were trash, but all the aluminum was in good shape.

Back to 7k front, 3k rear, Losi gold springs front and rear, 20wt. shock oil rear, 40wt. front and I went to some longer rod ends on the rear shocks to get a little more height out of the rear end. Other then that, its the same old car with some fresh parts and heavily cleaned aluminum.

And another 2014 Ford Fiesta WRC

Are those the Tamiya rallye blocks? They appear different
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:40 PM   #498
Rock Crawler

those are the rally legends tires... I think they're called rally legends "mud and snow" or something like that....
bvrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:14 PM   #499
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up Re: Turtle's Modified XV-01

Where can I get a xv01 long damper kit? And Does xv01's part break that easy? Btw, Great build! I really want to do something like that!
rally racer #75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:18 PM   #500
Rock Stacker

How much did all that cost? It looks like you spent tons
rally racer #75 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rally/400591-turtles-modified-xv-01-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
RC Elétrico - o fórum de automodelismo elétrico! • Tópico: - Querendo começar no Rally This thread Refback 02-20-2013 09:13 AM
Slash Garage This thread Refback 02-14-2013 05:06 PM

Turtle's Modified XV-01 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turtle's Modified DF03ra TURTLE Rally 83 04-10-2014 02:38 AM
Turtle's Modified TB01 TURTLE Rally 78 03-08-2013 01:57 AM
Turtle's Modified DF01 TURTLE Rally 17 08-15-2012 07:05 PM
Turtle's skeeter TURTLE EnRoute Berg 36 06-07-2009 05:02 PM