Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: SORRCA Competition Rules Release - Class Specs and scale points

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #241
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Thanks Justin.Can you add a little note to your post to state that the list is not all inclusive and there are other options also.That way nobody gets confused.

I will try and come up with some of those "other" options if you dont mind updating the list once in a while.
NP!

BTW, I fixed it for ya.
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #242
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
Speaking of tires, are Panther Cobras considered "racing truck tires"?

They make a great "tractor" truck looking tire with a little work.
They aren't on the banned list, but there is a stipulation that you must bring a picture of them on a 1:1 rig for them to be considered. You would have to run them full width on a class 2 truck, or chop them up and modify them for class 3...but they are pretty short. I think there are plenty of better options that nobody should feel the need to use them, but I'm sure someone will try......
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #243
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
They aren't on the banned list, but there is a stipulation that you must bring a picture of them on a 1:1 rig for them to be considered. You would have to run them full width on a class 2 truck, or chop them up and modify them for class 3...but they are pretty short. I think there are plenty of better options that nobody should feel the need to use them, but I'm sure someone will try......
I was worried about the "truck racing type tire" part of the banned list.

Plenty of guys run tractor tires on 1:1s, so finding a pic shouldn't be a problem, but would the tread be close enough? (Most tractor tires are V tread, the cobras are W tread.)

I Likely won't run them, but was curious about the "truck racing type tire" and what type of tires this bans.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #244
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscrambler View Post
Thanks for all the long hours you all put into setting up these rules. I just have One question, I may have missed it but I don't see any points for a full tube chassy. I may have missed that part just wondering thanks.
This was the second thing i thought of after, "Man these are great" nice job guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Lance, most of it is right here.Its tough to answer that question with an exact number since there are so many options as to the way you can build it.

If you are refering to the term "TUBER" as we used to know it, it would be points for a interior cage,front cage and rear tube structure.Add slider,integral shockmounts and bumpers to that if it fits the build.

There are lots of options and ways to build the rigs, so the term tuber was eliminated, the options below should allow you to go nuts on the build. Just make sure that it fits the class you are building for,not everything is legal in all classes.

Chassis/Body :
1.1 Tube bed
‐ Tube bed: metal ‐3, plastic ‐1
‐ Bed area 4 point roll bar: metal – 2, plastic ‐1
1.2 Flat bed
‐ Flat bed: metal/wood ‐3, plastic ‐1
‐ Bed mounted headache rack: metal ‐2, plastic ‐1
1.3 Truggy & back halved truck
Truggy/back halved truck: metal ‐7, plastic ‐3
‐Must replace the ladder frame from the rear of the skid to the back of the vehicle. Must have a roll bar
hoop. Must have integrated shock mounts. Must be a structural part of the rear of the vehicle. (If your
bed does not meet ALL of the preceding criteria, it does not count as a truggy bed).
1.4 Drop bed
‐inside of a tube bed/truggy bed ‐2
‐inside of a standard pickup bed ‐3
2.1 Interior cage or exo‐cage (may only choose one)
‐ 3 row cage: metal ‐10, plastic ‐4
‐ 2 row cage: metal ‐8, plastic ‐3
‐ 1 row cage: metal ‐5, plastic ‐2
3.1 Tube accessories
‐ Sliders: (both sides) metal ‐3, plastic ‐1
‐ Tube fenders: ‐1 per pair
‐ Front cage: ‐3
‐ Rear tube structure: metal ‐2, plastic ‐1
‐ Integrated tube shock mounts: ‐1 (per pair)
4.1 Body
‐ Hard body: full‐8, half ‐4
‐ Drop bed : ‐3
‐ Custom built body: (metal or hard plastic, no lexan) full ‐4, half ‐2
‐ Inner fender wells: ‐1 per pair

and ................ I have .... 6 more hours today welding more tube work to my class 3 truck

Now time to work on the Custom Built FULL Body for -4

I love my new night light

Thanks again to everyone that has but so much into these rules for all of us.
The Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #245
I wanna be Dave

What's a full width bumper and a narrow bumper?

Is there more of a definition for this?
kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:23 AM   #246
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaetwo View Post
What's a full width bumper and a narrow bumper?

Is there more of a definition for this?
In the glossary under "full width bumper":

Basically says the bumper has to be as wide as the bottom of your windshield to get full width bumper points.

http://www.noeither.com/ScaleRules/GlossaryV10.pdf
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #247
I wanna be Dave

Might I suggest you hyperlink all the sections within the rules .pdf to the glossary?

For example;

Full width bumper (see glossary section A1)

A user clicks on the A1 and it hyperlinks that user to the spot further explaining the full width bumper.

I bring this up, because there isn't a single user that I've spoken to yet that can make heads or tails out of the rules as there currently typed.
kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #248
Old guy

Quote:
Might I suggest you hyperlink all the sections within the rules .pdf to the glossary?

For example;

A user clicks on the A1 and it hyperlinks that user to the spot further explaining the full width bumper.

I bring this up, because there isn't a single user that I've spoken to yet that can make heads or tails out of the rules as there currently typed.
Well get to work.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #249
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

For example;

Hyperlinks would be great, but right now we're just piggybacking on Patrick's (Locked Up) personal website while we get everything in order for SORRCA.net or whatever it's going to be. So Patrick can correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine any linking would wait so he doesn't have to correct all the links later on.

Also, keep in mind that we're all still busting our butts trying to get the remainder of the rules determined so we can distribute them. So in the meantime we'll have to ask everyone to bear with us. If the rules are confusing, ask about it here, but it may take some time before they're put into a format that is clearer.

Now if anyone wants to volunteer to help out in this regard, we may be accepting applications!!
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #250
www.team3sixrc.com

there is an easy fix for this and it wont cost a thing accept your time.

Go to www.freewebs.com and anyone can start a free website.

You can host the rules there and at a later time if you wish it to be www.SORRCA.com you can get a go daddy domain for $7.99 and link it or buy the hosting from webs with a domain name.

The website would be www.SORCCA.webs.com if that is what you want to do and honestly thats all you would need.

I run my website through Webs and love it.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:42 PM   #251
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
there is an easy fix for this and it wont cost a thing accept your time.

Go to www.freewebs.com and anyone can start a free website.

You can host the rules there and at a later time if you wish it to be www.SORRCA.com you can get a go daddy domain for $7.99 and link it or buy the hosting from webs with a domain name.

The website would be www.SORCCA.webs.com if that is what you want to do and honestly thats all you would need.

I run my website through Webs and love it.
We already have sorrca.com up and going:
http://www.sorrca.com

The rules will be moved there when I get a chance ... as well as whatever other stuff we come up with.

It is still on my hosting account (so it's "free" for the time being) but the name servers for the domain just got swapped over tonight and I have not done anything for it yet. (obviously)

As for the linking .... until we get everything set in stone for the year it can wait. BUT is IS a good idea and it should be incorporated eventually.
We are still working on the course rules and putting together an FAQ so people will not need to go though this whole thread for answers to some of the more common questions.

Last edited by Locked Up; 01-17-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #252
Quarry Creeper

Thanks everyone for the hard work. I was just wondering why a SCX-10 RTR stock would be considered class 2 just because of the Flat-Irons on it?
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:46 AM   #253
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
Thanks everyone for the hard work. I was just wondering why a SCX-10 RTR stock would be considered class 2 just because of the Flat-Irons on it?
Class one was designed for uber scale or more realistic scale off road vehicles. Class two is more like your typical street class or 1.9 class
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #254
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Class one was designed for uber scale or more realistic scale off road vehicles. Class two is more like your typical street class or 1.9 class
Exactly. We strongly suspect Class 2 (C2) is going to be the most subscribed class because the SCX10's fall right into it. C1 will be for milder rigs and with the rules it will require some work to make a legal and competitive rig. 4.2" tires would mean everyone would just run Flat Irons and we want the "small tire" guys to have a place to play, too. Flat Irons will be competitive in C2, for sure.

Norm, be careful using the term "realistic" when referring to C1. The reason is that ALL the classes are set up to reward the more realistic builds, not just C1. C1 is merely for the less radical rigs you would be more likely to see on the street. I know the point you were making and I appreciate it, but wanted to make sure no one else got the impression that the other classes are intended to be "less realistic", if you know what I mean.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #255
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Answers my qustion perfect
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #256
Quarry Creeper

i want to give a BIG THANKS to all of you for doing the scale rules. i for one appreciate all the hard work it has taken to get them established. great job guys.

i do have one question that i have not seen asked nor answered yet.

i plan to purchase an aluminum hilux body (as seen here www.aluminumrcbodies.com) for my C3 rig.

my question is:
will the aluminum bodies be considered a hard body under the scale point deductions?

thanks in advance
TODBLDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #257
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TODBLDZ View Post
i want to give a BIG THANKS to all of you for doing the scale rules. i for one appreciate all the hard work it has taken to get them established. great job guys.

i plan to purchase an aluminum hilux body (as seen here www.aluminumrcbodies.com) for my C3 rig.

my question is:
will the aluminum bodies be considered a hard body under the scale point deductions?

thanks in advance
Yes
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:15 AM   #258
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TODBLDZ View Post

my question is:

thanks in advance
Good question.
Lexan is harder than the aluminum and lexan don't get the points a hard body does.
My 53 chevy truck has a lexan body, I'll bet it weights more than a hard body and is just as rigid. By the time I droped the bed and put in an interior it's solid.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:28 AM   #259
RCC Addict

My rig is 1.9 and has a highly modified Slash IFS front end. The ladder frame starts right after the Slash mount ends. It might be hard to see in the picture. Technically the ladder frame does not run the full length, but you wouldn't realy have a ladder frame on a IFS vehicle. Would this count for Class 1?

3. Chassis
All Chassis must run the full length of the vehicle, from bumper to bumper.

3.2. Chassis may ONLY be ladder frame, molded tub or unibody.

brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #260
I wanna be Dave

I think if you run a plate out to the front bumper you'd be OK for C1. Call it a hybrid unibody.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale-comp-rules/290744-sorrca-competition-rules-release-class-specs-scale-points.html
Posted By For Type Date
Official new scale rules 2011 - Nostr Forums This thread Refback 10-07-2011 06:20 AM