Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #301
RCC Addict

Default Re: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

Not as brite as it looked in the other pics. Looks good!

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2018, 05:46 AM   #302
RCC Addict

A good buddy of mine sent me a little goodie box for Christmas. Some E6000(my favorite), some LEDs for headlights and markers, few other little things and a alloy front axle for the Trx.

Had some time in the garage this weekend. So I tore down my front axle and put everything in the alloy axle. Man did it make a difference! I think that with the CODYBOY knuckle weights is the perfect amount of weight up front. Not only did it help the climb but the axle has more realistic movement now. Here's a pic from yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:46 PM   #303
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
A good buddy of mine sent me a little goodie box for Christmas. Some E6000(my favorite), some LEDs for headlights and markers, few other little things and a alloy front axle for the Trx.

Had some time in the garage this weekend. So I tore down my front axle and put everything in the alloy axle. Man did it make a difference! I think that with the CODYBOY knuckle weights is the perfect amount of weight up front. Not only did it help the climb but the axle has more realistic movement now. Here's a pic from yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Merry Christmas buddy
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:54 AM   #304
RCC Addict

Had a great Christmas! The girls and the wife loved all their gifts. The wife grabbed me some good stuff from Amain.

While the girls were busy playing yesterday. I got to spend some time putting on a few of my new goodies. Installed the trailmaster sport 27t with my 9t pinion and put the samix brass portal covers on the rear axle. Took it out for a spin on the backyard course. Man does that motor make a difference! Had to tighten down my slipper clutch cause the torque was too much for how it was set with the stock motor. Hoping I can get some more time to tinker today. Would like to get the 1080 in the dingo and maybe start making my kinetic self recovery straps. Also ordered my turnigy 959v2 servo for the Trx last night. Can't wait for that thing to get here from China. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
Old 01-03-2019, 06:19 AM   #305
RCC Addict

Happy New Years Everyone! Took the Trx out to a local hidden gem yesterday for a couple hours of crawling fun. Man was it a blast! Found some amazing spots and a sweet area that someone has been building a really nice crawl course for what looks like years. I got some got pics and shot some video. Didn't get much of the most fun spot only cause I was having too much fun crawling to video. Hope you enjoy! Here's the link for the video https://youtu.be/1x5HSxxiGqk and here are some pics!

Self recovery strap works great!

Was a great day! Can't wait to go out there again!
Old 01-05-2019, 07:41 PM   #306
RCC Addict

Today I was given this bad ass rock

Of course I had to take it Don't know where it's going yet, but how could I pass it up?

Just got done with a night run with the wife! Had a great time! Loving the rock lights! Will be doing a DIY thread on them in the next couple days. Here's a few pics!

This rock is so cool!

Old 01-06-2019, 08:46 AM   #307
I wanna be Dave

Your rock lights turned out sweet dude! Also looks like your backyard course is really coming along. I've been busy cutting some new trails and adding some rocks to mine as well. Nothing beats being able to walk out back and get after it! Let me know when you post up the DIY on the rock lights!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:50 AM   #308
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
The weight of this paint is minimal compared to the real stuff, it's kinda of like textured paint, but I get exactly what you're saying though.
I use this anytime I spray body flares black. Holds up way better than just paint and has a nice 1:1 vibe to it!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:57 PM   #309
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
Your rock lights turned out sweet dude! Also looks like your backyard course is really coming along. I've been busy cutting some new trails and adding some rocks to mine as well. Nothing beats being able to walk out back and get after it! Let me know when you post up the DIY on the rock lights!

Here you go my DIY rock light kit. AnimalHippie's $12 DIY Rock Lights let me know what you think!
Old 01-06-2019, 03:02 PM   #310
RCC Addict

Found a home for the new rock!

will need some more dirt and a little more angle, but it'll do for now. Now need to get a few more wheelbarrows of rock I see good things happening around this big rock. A few more pics!

Old 01-12-2019, 09:24 PM   #311
RCC Addict

Took 2.5 weeks to get here from China,but here it is!

Installed this bad boy, set the end points then shot a little comparison video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfDiaXK_pWk
Then took it to the backyard course. Man what a difference! Definitely worth the $34. 416oz in is plenty for my rig. Super stoked! Glad I was told about this servo cause I would have went right past it without even looking. Thank you Exocaged Joe!
Old 01-15-2019, 10:03 AM   #312
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Took 2.5 weeks to get here from China,but here it is!

Installed this bad boy, set the end points then shot a little comparison video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfDiaXK_pWk
Then took it to the backyard course. Man what a difference! Definitely worth the $34. 416oz in is plenty for my rig. Super stoked! Glad I was told about this servo cause I would have went right past it without even looking. Thank you Exocaged Joe!

Ok Justin, forgot to add in your PM with tracking. Your Hacked GT3C is on its way. PO said maybe first of next week, but it does seem in the past we have a direct shot from our house to yours!!!
Also sending you a body (It's a cream color and a little rusty) I think you may know which one it is!!! And Marcia sent something for Kayla. Enjoy!
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 01-15-2019 at 06:53 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:41 AM   #313
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Ok Justin, forgot to ad in your PM with tracking. Your Hacked GT3C is on its way. PO said maybe first of next week, but it does seem in the past we have a direct shot from our house to yours!!!
Also sending you a body (It's a cream color and a little rusty) I think you may know which one it is!!! And Marcia sent something for Kayla. Enjoy!
Ernie
I am beside myself with excitement!!! You and Marcia are amazing one of a kind people! The Nukizer?!?!?! That is awesome! If I can find or build some links before the 26th I will run it in the event I'm going to. In honor of my great friend Ernie!!! I can't thank you enough my friend! I will let you know as soon as I open the box. Have a great day Ernie! You have put me on cloud 9
Old 01-28-2019, 08:17 AM   #314
RCC Addict

It's been a while since I've been able to mess with my rig. Have had allot of stuff going on. Now starting to get back to normal again. Over the weekend I got a chance to stop by a really cool hobby shop in Orlando called Graves RC. Man what a great place! Anything you could ever want in there. 3,000 SQ ft of RC goodness. Here's a pic of the front room.
So overwhelming when you walk in there. Have to bring a list of what you're after so you don't forget. Picked up a CC 10amp BEC in hopes it will fix my jittery servo issue.

Made my own RX bypass adapter for pennies. Only took about 5 mins. Tonight I should get a chance to see if it fixes the issue. Now trying to find a better option for my receiver box. I would like to stay waterproof with enough room for the BEC and a flysky 8ch RX. Any suggestions? Haven't picked up a RX for the new flysky my amazing friend Ernie has sent me yet, but I'll be grabbing one soon. He also sent his nukizer body he had on his Trx and some 2.2 tires and rims. Thank you Ernie!!! The 2.2 tires had been cut down to the same height as my Hyrax around 4.73". Had to test fit both the body and the tires.

Might try the tires out with the defender body. Treads are huge compared to the 1.9 tires. I think they're rc4wd rock crushers. Might also groove them at some point. Have to do a set of rear links and some bumper mount & slider mods for the nukizer body to work out, but I really dig the look of it! I'll post later on how the BEC works out. Probably just temporarily mount it somewhere till I decided on a new RX box. Have a great day!
Old 01-28-2019, 07:55 PM   #315
RCC Addict

Finished soldering up my bypass adapter this evening and soldered the BEC into the battery connector. Hooked everything up...... Still twitchy steering Said to myself maybe the receiver..... Hooked up the 3ch RX for the flysky, bound it & same issue. Then grabbed the dingo thinking maybe it's the ESC somehow hooked the servo on the Trx to the RX on the Dingo. Same issue.... I'm thinking it's the servo. Someone said to try a glitch buster. So I guess that's my next step. I really don't wanna send it back and wait for them to send me a new servo. I hate for my rig to sit. I ran it the other night for about 45 mins. Cause I couldn't stand it anymore. Nothing got hot in anyway. I'm thinking about just running it.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:25 PM   #316
RCC Addict

A couple pics of my DIY bypass harness and BEC. Haven't figured out where I'm putting everything yet. So for now I'm going to leave the wires long.

Waiting for hobbyking to get back with me on my Servo issue.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:04 PM   #317
Gold Star Baby!

Nice work on the bypass adapter Justin.

Nukizer looks bad arse also!
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:53 AM   #318
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Nice work on the bypass adapter Justin.

Nukizer looks bad arse also!
Thank you sir! It was super easy to make. Think it might have taken 15 mins. Had all the parts to make it laying around. so I couldn't see buying one. Think it might have cost .25 . Can't beat that!

I love the nukizer! I've been wanting one since before I got my truck. It's even more cool cause it came from my awesome brother Ernie. Once I build or buy some shorter links I will start making it my own. Still thinking about going truggy with it. Just don't know about cutting up that cool Codyboy body. I was going to get a new clear nuk body and make a truggy. Still might, but not sure yet.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:13 AM   #319
Quarry Creeper

Those are some crazy meaty tires!
83trekker83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:43 AM   #320
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83trekker83 View Post
Those are some crazy meaty tires!
Yeah they are. I think it's because they are a 2.2 cut down to 1.9 size. Right around 4.7 area. No sidewall. Pretty sure they are rc4wd rock crushers. I'm going to get some playtime this evening. So I'm gonna see how they do. Already have an idea of how I want to cut them. The pattern seems a bit close as is. The lugs are much bigger then the Hyrax or any other 1.9 tires I have. We'll see how they do.

AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Defender Adventure (and some mudding) Mountainsofbeer Scale Videos! 0 10-10-2017 07:30 PM
My 2.2 TRX-4 Kawirocket674 Traxxas TRX-4 9 07-23-2017 06:19 PM
Montana Scale Adventure Club Adventure Series montana.matt Montana 9 03-17-2010 09:22 AM