Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019, 09:53 AM   #321
RCC Addict

Default Re: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

Got some playtime last night on the backyard course.

It's so nice being able to walk out back and play when you get the chance.

Even with the servo being twitchy the Trx did great! With the BEC installed the servo really has some power. Much more then without it. The cut 2.2s were really grippy and pulled great. I wouldn't say they did much better then the Hyrax, but they definitely did their job. By the end of my run I had stripped the hexes on 2 of the plastic rims. I'm still thinking about doing some cuts to them to open up the tread pattern a bit. I have a couple ideas for them but no rush. Now I'll have to keep an eye out for some cheap 2.2 metal beadlocks for them. Other things first tho. Not like I'll be running them all the time. Will be starting to work on some links to shorten the WB for the nukizer body soon. Also looking at that nice boom racing RX box to hold a 8ch flysky RX and all my other electronics. $$$ just flying out of my wallet. Anyone have a butterfly net I can barrow? Lmao! Have a great day!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2019, 05:40 AM   #322
RCC Addict

Had some time yesterday to tinker a bit. Built some new links for the rear. 8/32" all thread, 1/4" steel brake line, and some Revo rod ends worked great! Also modded a Trx rear bumper mount ( aka took the Dremel and some cutters to it) for the front bumper to work on the nukizer body. Also slid my shock towers forward and turned it around for the shock to sit properly. I think it's turning out good.

Building a chicken coop today so probably won't get back to messing with it for a few days. Can't wait to run it with this body!
Old 02-10-2019, 05:47 AM   #323
RCC Addict

I really like that body on there, it seems to look just right! Chicken coop huh? I got two of those lol, be careful that can get to be another out of control hobby, my wife went a little chicken crazy when she first started but has calmed down now lol.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:06 AM   #324
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I really like that body on there, it seems to look just right! Chicken coop huh? I got two of those lol, be careful that can get to be another out of control hobby, my wife went a little chicken crazy when she first started but has calmed down now lol.
I've always liked the nukizer body. Paint missing or not it's a really cool body. Nothing like having one of CODYBOY Designs awesome bodies. Yeah chicken coop. Too bad the weather isn't cooperating today. Steady mist all day. Probably just hang with the girls and maybe get a little more time in the garage today. We love our chickens. Our old coop is getting pretty rickity. So time to build a new one. We only have 8 hens right now. We would like to get another 6 once we get the coop built. We get a good amount of eggs from them. Enough for our house, the in-laws and our neighbor to not have to buy eggs from the store and they're organic.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:25 AM   #325
RCC Addict

Finished up my links, shortened my drive shaft, moved the shock tower forward & reversed it and modified some bumper mounts. Finally got the CODYBOY Nukizer Body sitting happy on my Trx chassis. Wheelbase is now 316mm or 12.44" tires sit perfectly center in the wheel wells.

Still have to find a piece of delrin or something to go under the front bumper at the frame so that doesn't hang up on the rocks.

So super stoked to get this body mounted! Rained all day yesterday. So maybe I'll get the chance to give it a go on the backyard course after work today.

Last edited by AnimalHippie; 02-11-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:01 AM   #326
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Finished up my links, shortened my drive shaft, moved the shock tower forward & reversed it and modified some bumper mounts. Finally got the CODYBOY Nukizer Body sitting happy on my Trx chassis. Wheelbase is now 316mm or 12.44" tires sit perfectly center in the wheel wells.

Still have to find a piece of delrin or something to go under the front bumper at the frame so that doesn't hang up on the rocks.

So super stoked to get this body mounted! Rained all day yesterday. So maybe I'll get the chance to give it a go on the backyard course after work today.
Looks awesome dude! Been wanting to see what the nukizer would look like on a trx4. Looks awesome by the way

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #327
I wanna be Dave

Looking good Justin! And by the way, aren't beaters suppose to be missing paint?

Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:14 PM   #328
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Looking good Justin! And by the way, aren't beaters suppose to be missing paint?

Ernie
Thank you sir! Wouldn't be possible if it wasn't for you my friend. Yes they are! All my beaters were missing paint and so much more. One of my Toyotas was missing bed sides from the top of the wheel well down by the time I retired it. That's what makes them so cool. I absolutely love this body! Can't wait to get it on the rocks!
Old 02-11-2019, 02:27 PM   #329
Rock Crawler

Hippie, that truck just looks so ... dignified. Lovin' it!! You and Ernie make a pretty good build team. Can't wait to see some pic's on the rocks.

jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:25 AM   #330
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr frankenstyle View Post
Hippie, that truck just looks so ... dignified. Lovin' it!! You and Ernie make a pretty good build team. Can't wait to see some pic's on the rocks.

jim

Thanks Jim! I'm very privileged to be part of the CODYBOY team. If we both lived in the same state it might be a dangerous combination.

Got home yesterday with enough time before dark to take the Nukizer out on the backyard course for a few mins. Can't believe how much of a difference going to a lighter body made. Don't know if the shorter wheelbase had anything to do with it, but I was crawling lines I would have never made with the defender body. Sidehilling stuff the dingo rolls over on. Was a great run even tho it was short. Here's some pics!

Here's a couple pics of my bumper mounts.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:49 AM   #331
Gold Star Baby!

Nice paint job ernie! Looks perfect on there.

Justin your trx4 is rad! Love it. That’s great you’re gains with those updates. Very nice work.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:06 PM   #332
RCC Addict

What a great start to my vacation. Spent 2 days at Ginnie springs camping with the family. Spent yesterday at Disney. Went crawling at my local favorite spot this morning.

Here's a couple shots from Ginnie springs

Little snapping turtle I found looking in the water with my flashlight

Here are a couple shots from crawling this morning.

Didn't take a bunch of pics today, but did shoot some video. Will post video once I get some time later. Such a great crawl spot only 5 mins from home.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #333
RCC Addict

Had to restart my YouTube channel. Just got done posting some videos on it. Check out my latest video https://youtu.be/zyF-qQzN4l8 please like and subscribe. Hope you guys enjoy! Will repost some of my older videos once I can get on the computer.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #334
Go Buckeyes!

Sub'ed and liked! Looks like a nice crawling spot.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:47 AM   #335
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Sub'ed and liked! Looks like a nice crawling spot.

Thank you brotha! It's a great crawl spot. Same place as my first hidden gem video, but a different area. Some locals have made a really cool tiny truck trail out there too. It's about an 1hr/1.5hr trail. I'm not big on trailing, but the rocks out there are awesome. I like to crawl and push my rig to it's limits more then chasing my truck down a trail.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:55 AM   #336
I wanna be Dave

I hear ya, Florida rock formations suck, but muddy wooded trails abound. I love rock crawling, but trailing is a much larger set of needs to be successful. Setup is so different for crawling vs trailing, and that’s the challenge.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 12:11 PM   #337
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
I hear ya, Florida rock formations suck, but muddy wooded trails abound. I love rock crawling, but trailing is a much larger set of needs to be successful. Setup is so different for crawling vs trailing, and that’s the challenge.

Hang up and Drive

I like our Florida rocks. It's all ancient corral reef. It's covered in grippy shells and snags if you don't pay attention. I just can't get into trailing. I'll run a g6 or whatever, but it's not as fun to me as straight up crawling. Crawling is therapy for me. Very stress relieving. Just go out forget everything in life and focus on pushing my rig to it's limits. I can't get enough!
Old 02-26-2019, 10:18 AM   #338
RCC Addict

Here's a few pics of some of the Florida rocks on my course.

Extremely grippy and full of snags. Some of the shells are like little razors. Makes for a fun interesting climb. A couple of my rocks have crystals and geodes in them. I like finding the ones with tunnels that go all the way through.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:25 PM   #339
I wanna be Dave

That’s Coral Rock alright !
We have some of that, but more limerock down here, and loads of riprap, not as grippy. The Bros on the east coast have that and swear by cut Pitbull Growlers, I’ve got some I’m testing now, they are also 4.75” tall.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:30 PM   #340
RCC Addict

I found some rocks like that wen i lived in FL. Loved it down there, i lived in bartow n winter haven for 2 yrs

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote

AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Defender Adventure (and some mudding) Mountainsofbeer Scale Videos! 0 10-10-2017 07:30 PM
My 2.2 TRX-4 Kawirocket674 Traxxas TRX-4 9 07-23-2017 06:19 PM
Montana Scale Adventure Club Adventure Series montana.matt Montana 9 03-17-2010 09:22 AM