Notices

Thread: 1967 F-250 - Headquake inspired wood build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #121
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 1967 F-250 - Headquake inspired wood build

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBailey View Post
Check this site out Scale Hardware, the world's finest scale model fasteners they have some tiny scale hardware and imitation hardware. I bought some of the. 5mm imitation bolts and they're tiny and well made and they have fast shipping. Nice job on the mirrors by the way.
Thank you for that link - somewhere else for me to drool and spend money I dont have! LOL
heartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2013, 03:50 AM   #122
Rock Stacker

Love this wood build... the crispness of the body lines and the symmetry are just amazing. Looking forward to all the rest you have in store.
Honger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #123
Pebble Pounder

Wow!! This is an awesome, awesome build! It amazes me how much talent some people have VERY great work, I could only wish to have any skills near to what you have! Fooled my boss into thinking it was a 1:1 truck haha! Awesome, keep up the great work!

-Corrupt
Corrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #124
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honger View Post
Love this wood build... the crispness of the body lines and the symmetry are just amazing. Looking forward to all the rest you have in store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
Wow!! This is an awesome, awesome build! It amazes me how much talent some people have VERY great work, I could only wish to have any skills near to what you have! Fooled my boss into thinking it was a 1:1 truck haha! Awesome, keep up the great work!

-Corrupt

Thank you both for the kind words.

Been a little sidetracked with real life stuff, and the styrene challenge , but managed to make a teeny bit more progress today...nothing picture worthy yet, but hopefully soon.

Also trying to figure out placement of the electronics. that is always fun...
Old 07-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #125
Quarry Creeper

UPDATE!!

been messing around with electronics placement and just couldnt stand it anymore - had to do it...

It's ALIVE!!!

1967 F250 RC - First run! - YouTube

Still have a ton of work to do, but getting to actually drive it has actually given me the motivation to get back after it again!

(sorry for the lousy quality - by myself & hard to video & drive at the same time - plus, I am no video pro by anymeans - just getting started with all that! LOL)
Old 07-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #126
Quarry Creeper

I liked the video. The truck is nice and bouncy, just like a 3/4 ton should be lol. Keep up the great work and take your time, we all want to see it done but done properly and up to par with what you've done so far!
JBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #127
Pebble Pounder

Coming along nicely! Great video, can't wait to see it painted up on the trail! Your attention to detail is staggering! I'm sure we are in store for more awesomeness!!!
rgf27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #128
I wanna be Dave

Man people on this forum have too much talent. lol All these custom bodys and I would destroy a body if I tried to combine them and a wood body? No way. Good job!
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #129
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
Man people on this forum have too much talent. lol All these custom bodys and I would destroy a body if I tried to combine them and a wood body? No way. Good job!
How do you know that, fr8cture? have you ever tried?

Wood is pretty cheap, and fairly easy to work with. Takes a fair bit of patience to be sure - glue set up times are long, but it isn't really all that hard.

The majority of the wood I have used on this build was easily obtained at my local home center - mostly 4" wide x 1/4" thick boards - came in several different lengths - 4 ft was less than $2.50. also used a little 1/4 plywood for things like the bed floor and the hood. A little harder to shape , but not impossible. a 2 ft by 2 ft piece was about $2-3 - cheap!

Headquake uses simple pine 1 by boards, cuts out the wheel wells & basic body shape, then splits them in half - with a handsaw!

Start with something simple and try it! Saying you "can't" without ever actually trying is a cop out.

(sorry - in a big discussion elsewhere about this very subject - I really dislike the word "can't")

ps: thanks for the props!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #130
Pebble Pounder

Dang, that was harsh! Lol!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #131
RCC Addict

Truly amazing work Heartles! I cannot get over how detailed some of your guys are able to get with wood! Amazing..
Cant wait to see more!
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #132
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgf27 View Post
Dang, that was harsh! Lol!!!
Not meant to be "harsh" - just a shove in the direction of at least trying!

Because I am female, I was told I "couldn't" do a lot of things over the years - I took great delight in proving people wrong, and that I could do what ever it was they said I couldnt.

But, unless you actually try to do something, you can not truthfully say "I can't", therefore, it is a cop-out.

Mindset has a lot to do with this - if you believe that you can't do something, then chances are you will never even try, proving yourself right.

On the flip side of that coin, if you believe that you can do something, chances are you will at least try to do it, and maybe even surprise yourself by doing it pretty well. This is the side of the coin I prefer.

My Grandfather always told me this when I was a child: You can do, or be, anything you set your mind to doing/being. I have tried my best to prove him right over the years. I lost him when I was 14, and I still miss him very much today at nearly 50, but I keep those words of wisdom close to my heart and try to live them everyday.

It is my sincerest hope that, with these comments, I can inspire someone else to at least try to do something they have never tried before. I know that not everyone can/will succeed at something new, but if they have at least tried, then I have done as I intended - inspired them to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAWLR4life View Post
Truly amazing work Heartless! I cannot get over how detailed some of your guys are able to get with wood! Amazing..
Cant wait to see more!
Thank you, KRAWLR4life. it is comments like yours that inspire me to keep trying harder.

Altho... a lot of the "detail" stuff is done in styrene - like the dash < completely made of styrene. The grill is styrene, the bed ribs are styrene, tailgate details are styrene...and a lot of the exterior details; door handles, mirrors, hood badges - all made of styrene because it is much easier to get the detail out of that - as in, it doesnt fall apart! LOL

I am sorry there have been no recent updates, the weather has been very hot & humid here lately - suck the life out of you hot & humid... havent felt like doing much of anything besides sucking up the AC... Supposed to have a "cold" front moving in this weekend, with better temps next week - one can only hope...
Old 07-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #133
Quarry Creeper

that a girl heartless, your grandfather was a wise man, my grandfather told me almost the same thing when I was young. keep up the great work.

Last edited by gba442; 07-19-2013 at 09:04 AM.
gba442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #134
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba442 View Post
that a girl heartless, your grandfather was a wise man, my grandfather told me almost the same thing when I was young. keep up the great work.
Hey gba442! how ya been?

and where are some pics of that 63 GMC woodie you got??
Old 07-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #135
Quarry Creeper

working so much I haven't seen my hobby room in a few months, but as soon as things slow down at work I'll be down there. I need a rc fix to clear my head. hope you two are doing good.
gba442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #136
Pebble Pounder

I know what you mean about the "Hot and humid"! It ain't no better down here in Texas.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:45 PM   #137
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartless View Post
Wood is pretty cheap, and fairly easy to work with. Takes a fair bit of patience to be sure - glue set up times are long, but it isn't really all that hard.

The majority of the wood I have used on this build was easily obtained at my local home center - mostly 4" wide x 1/4" thick boards - came in several different lengths - 4 ft was less than $2.50. also used a little 1/4 plywood for things like the bed floor and the hood. A little harder to shape , but not impossible. a 2 ft by 2 ft piece was about $2-3 - cheap!
I am currently planning on making a 1999 Dodge 2500 out of wood, and this was just the information I needed! I looked on craft store websites at their balsa wood inventory but the thickest wood I saw was 1/16"!!! That wouldn't work out too well, considering my "noobness" and lack of patience lol. Off to Home Depot I go!

Quote:
Headquake uses simple pine 1 by boards..
I thought about using pine, but it would be sorta heavy, and I want to watch my weight. (on the RC, I'm fine with MY weight... ) I want to keep a relatively high power to weight ratio, right now my rig has about a .213 ratio (if a full sized car had that ratio you'd have about 800-1200 horsepower)

Quote:
Start with something simple and try it! Saying you "can't" without ever actually trying is a cop out."
I'll try to post a build thread while I'm building it, so everyone can watch the evolution of my -probably- failed attempt at a Ram 2500

Yours looks very nice by the way, any updates maybe? Ever get to slap some paint on her?
-SCXD90- is offline   Reply With Quote

1967 F-250 - Headquake inspired wood build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inspired by Headquake! My first try at a Wood body scaler rgf27 1.5 Scale Rigs 55 02-26-2013 07:16 PM
Got inspired to build Knytemare Scale Accessories 9 10-21-2011 09:28 PM
JamesBernatchez inspired build. chino 1.9 Scale Rigs 3 06-27-2007 08:38 PM
How thick is yer wood? Work-bench wood! utbeamer Chit Chat 8 03-17-2005 12:45 AM