Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Dudley Deadbolt's Adventure Thread by T-money

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2014, 05:05 AM   #181
Rock Crawler

Default Dudley Deadbolt's Adventure Thread by T-money

First off you have definitely earned a new axle housing! That is a beautiful forest, makes me want to leave Florida. Awesome thread I look forward to your pictures. Have you had Squatch sightings? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mudbeast2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2014, 05:59 PM   #182

Default Re: Dudley Deadbolt's Adventure Thread by T-money

Awesome Thread, Just Read 1-19 & I Am Amazed Just How Far Dudley As A Stock RTR Has Come. I'm A Summit Lt Owner (Which Doesn't Really Work As A Crawler But More As A Trailer "To Me") & I Was Looking Into Getting Myself Into A "Real" Crawler But Just Couldn't Decide On Which SCX10 To Get But Your Thread Has Made Me Decide 100% On A RTR Deadbolt (Best Bang 4 Your $$)! Thanks For All The Useful & Great Information/Ideas/Tips! The Pictures Look Great, The Area Where Your At Is Just Beautiful & Like Many Others Here I Must Envy You....lolzzz. Please Keep It Coming! Thanks Again! **Thumbs Up!**

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
SummitOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #183
RCC Addict

Back for revenge!! The last time out with Dudley we took on Bell Canyon trail but after making a good effort we ran out of light before accomplishing our goal of making it to the Waterfall. This time we started a bit earlier and even though Dudley had a Servo failure (saw a lot of water) we made it! It was getting pretty dark as we arrived at the waterfall but it was so worth the trip. Dudley logged a solid 5.8 miles of driving on this trip (and no I haven't repaired the front housing yet) I didn't take very many pics as we were hustling in hopes of making it to the falls before we ran out of light.

Here are the pics I did get

NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:29 AM   #184
RCC Addict

My favorites from the Bell Canyon adventure.

We made it!! The falls. (wish I had better light for the pic)

At the Waterfall you have a beautiful over look of the city

Old 09-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #185
Rock Stacker

Were those from last night or from Sunday? If those were last night you suck for not texting me!
Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #186

Fantastic thread! Such a good change from the normal build thread! Thanks for sharing.
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #187
Quarry Creeper

You need to come up north towards Ogden!
stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #188
Rock Crawler

Your photos should be made into post cards. I miss the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mudbeast2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaZ-T View Post
Okay time to squeeze a little performance out of Dudley before the next outing. An easy way to get a little more performance is to relocate the electronics. Lets get to it!!

first up, I prefer the motor to be mounted on the passenger side of the rig to help compensate for a little bit of the torque twist. This will also give us more room for the electronics relocation. I just unbolted the skid plate flipped it around and re-installed. Pretty simple. (you'll need to swap the + and - on the motor so it runs the right direction)

The battery is the heaviest single component in the vehicle so moving it to the front helps keep the front end down on some of the bigger climbs. On one of Rocksurfer's rigs I saw a pretty trick way to get the battery up front, using a few parts that come in the extra parts bag included with the rig.

First I had to move the RX box and the ESC to the rear of the vehicle to make room for the battery. There is already mounting holes for the RX box on the rear chassis brace. So a simple bolt in relocation for the box.
The ESC was just as easy. A glob of silicon glue on the bottom and I stuck it right on the rear chassis brace, right behind the newly relocated RX box.

Now that the ESC and RX are out of the way, I had the room to mount the battery where I wanted. First I found the extra servo mounts in the spare parts bag and bolted them up to the chassis where the support legs for the RX box used to go. Next I bolted a couple of the P-shaped rodends onto the battery plate in the slots where the velcro straps used to go. Then place the battery plate across the chassis and line up the holes on the new mounts. The P-shaped rod ends line up with the rear screw on the shock hoops. So with nothing more than a couple screws the electronics relocation is complete.

Before the mods

After the mods

Installed the extra servo mounts on the chassis

Bolting up the P-shaped rod ends onto the battery plate

And a couple completed pics to show you the mounting.

Bro, got a quick question if you don`t mind, how do you stable that horizontaled battery, it might fell out from either side, right? appreciated and a big hello from Beijing, China!
yindavid35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:30 AM   #190
RCC Addict

With it starting to get cold, Dudley's adventures might slow down a bit for the winter season. I'm sure we'll get out for a few though.

What's this? Another trip to Lake Marry? That's right Dudley was out hit'n the trails again. although we've made this trip a few times this summer this one had it's own unique adventure. Upon arriving at the lake I was amazed at how low the water was from our previous trips. We could crawl all the way out to what used to be islands earlier in the year. The low water level opened up a huge crawling area previously covered by water. We crawled around in the uncharted area for quite awhile before it got dark.

Just as we started our way down the trail we were stopped by a huge moose in the trail. Some of you may know, a moose is not an animal you mess with. Anyway that really got our harts pumping. The moose wandered it's way down the trail as we stopped and waited for 15 min or so in hopes that the moose was long gone. By this time it was pitch black with no moon out to light our way. We started our way down the trail with a little hustle. About 1/2 way down the trail we came to a clearing and about 30 feet off the side of the trail you could easily see 2 glowing eyes carefully watching us. we very consciously proceeded down closer to the glowing eyes. As we got near we could faintly make out the silhouette of the moose. By this time our harts had stopped beating in hopes that the moose would let us pass without incident. We carefully passed the moose with nothing more than a snort and a few shuffles from the moose to keep us in view as we passed. After putting some distance between us and the moose, we finally stopped to take a breath (seemed like the first breath in about 15min) and chat about how scary it was.

Dudley logged 2.4 mile on this adventure and made the trip without any issues (no I still haven't fixed the housing )

Of course pics

Last edited by NaZ-T; 11-02-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #191
RCC Addict

A few more

Old 10-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #192
RCC Addict

And some from the lake. If you look back at the previous trips you can see how low the water is.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:49 PM   #193
Rock Crawler

I love reading about all the adventures you have taken your deadbolt on. And some of the pictures are just breadth taking.
When I was thinking about buying another scx10 I was undecided on which model I wanted, and then I came across this thread. You made the decision simple for me, and here it is
littletoyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #194
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletoyboy View Post
I love reading about all the adventures you have taken your deadbolt on. And some of the pictures are just breadth taking.
When I was thinking about buying another scx10 I was undecided on which model I wanted, and then I came across this thread. You made the decision simple for me
Thanks for the kind words. Rig looks good, amazing what that front grill does for the Deadbolts cosmetics
Old 10-21-2014, 07:25 PM   #195
RCC Addict

Super late update

A few weeks ago I had Dudley out at 801rcc's Decent into Darkness event. Decent into Darkness is 801rcc's annual night event. All the cones have glow rings on them and every rig has lights and most importantly it's very fun. Dudley ran without a single issue through the .6 mile course.

I only grabbed one pic as it was dark and I was busy helping organizing the event. I did get one pic of 801rcc's new starting gate. The Starting gate was made by Klay Grover (klaygrover) and I have to say it's a beautiful unit and helps make any R/C event look very professional.

The only 2 pics from the event (sorry guys I'll do better next time)

Old 10-31-2014, 03:02 PM   #196
RCC Addict

Got in a little drive time on Dudley the other day. This time out we headed south to 3 Peaks Recreation Area just outside Cedar City Ut. for 801rcc's Iron County Ignition event.

Did a ton of driving over the weekend, as we were there with a few different Axial rigs. Had the Wraith out for a few packs and bombed the Yeti around for a few packs too, and of course a few runs in with Dudley. The event course was .75 miles long and ran another pack through Dudley just playing around after the event. Logging a total of 1.6 miles of total distance for the weekend.

No damage to report, Dudley ran flawlessly throughout the weekend. (still haven't replaced the front axle housing )

Pics of Dudley out enjoying the great outdoors with his friends

Last edited by NaZ-T; 11-02-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:04 PM   #197
RCC Addict

A few more

Old 11-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #198

-
Great post, I've copied some ideas for my DeadBolt

greeting

Estupendo post, te he copiado algunas ideas para mi DeadBolt.

Saludos desde Espaņa.
Malacara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:04 PM   #199

I just got a deadbolt rtr so my 6 year old had something to keep up with my wraith. I may give him the wraith when it's all said and done the Scx chasis and handling is so much better than I expected and this little bugger is way more reliable on the course than the wraith. Love this thread keep the adventures coming.
big_bumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:39 AM   #200
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaZ-T View Post
A few more

All looks like fun, wow those sunset pics are nice!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Dudley Deadbolt's Adventure Thread by T-money - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new money? funny money robbio4422 Chit Chat 13 09-19-2010 05:30 PM
Montana Scale Adventure Club Adventure Series montana.matt Montana 9 03-17-2010 09:22 AM