Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Scx10 ii

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2016, 07:18 PM   #281
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Scx10 ii

I like this chassis but ill be saving my money that giant trans is just to big if a negative for me and honestly this is an improvement over the old one.....but it looks like they made their version of the the ascender stuck a giant trans on it and big surprise another jeep body and one that has been done to death none the less......i wish hpi was still coming out with that venture truck....but......lol
stevetate12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2016, 07:54 PM   #282
Pebble Pounder

Well, if the new SCX10 really is backwards compatible, then I know what my next set of axles and gears will be!
caleb.cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:10 PM   #283
I wanna be Dave

on the new release.

Only thing i would change is to put rear springs on it like my old 94.

cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:10 PM   #284
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetate12 View Post
I like this chassis but ill be saving my money that giant trans is just to big if a negative for me and honestly this is an improvement over the old one.....but it looks like they made their version of the the ascender stuck a giant trans on it and big surprise another jeep body and one that has been done to death none the less......i wish hpi was still coming out with that venture truck....but......lol
This reminds me of what it looks like when you translate English to French to Wookie then back to English.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:37 PM   #285
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
This reminds me of what it looks like when you translate English to French to Wookie then back to English.
Not to goof on anyone but that reminded me of my old GF's stories. GF=Are you listening? Do you agree?
Me= I have no idea WTF you just said but yeah sure uh huh. Can we go eat now.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:56 PM   #286

I like the big trans, I just took the trans out of my yeti and installed it into my deadbolt. The difference is mine is turned around, it moved the motor about 3 inches forward. I will have one of these new trucks for sure.
Rmassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:45 PM   #287
MWRCA'er

Body is old news. WJ ZJ or even a Wagoneer would've been more fresh but hey least it isn't a Deadbolt or Wrangler.

Least the underside is refreshed. Those Universal shafts look like they could fit AX10's possibly.

Either way another fantastic addition for the hobby to grow the sport. More parts to pick from.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:28 PM   #288
Quarry Creeper

Well Axial really did get everyones attention huh?

I was fortunate enough to be at the event to hear Axial's head of development, Matt Kearney, walk everyone through what they did and why. Wether you agree with their choices or not, Axial really know their stuff. Matt openly welcomed everyone's feedback and a few in the crowd definitely let him know how they felt - and he showed them he understood why they want their rigs a certain way and why Axial might need to do something different.

I really got the impression that Axial know why many people build rigs the way they do and gave strong reasons why they felt it was important for the broadest market to build the SCX10 II the way they did. Whilst the new transmission has a ton of scale details on it, I wasn't a fan of its size and I don't need a 2 speed. Matt pointed out that they anticipated that so the chassis was backwards compatible to fit the old transmission if so desired.

In a nut shell they wanted the strongest, most reliable & best performing rig out of the box for the beginner that could easily be customized to any crawlers personal taste. I was hoping for a front engined rig, side saddle pack set up. But it was pointed out a number of times that the new platform has been made with flexibility in mind. I got the feeling that it is going really, really, easy to convert this new platform to a single speed front engine rig.

If I had to compare the Ascender to what I saw and heard about the new SCX10 II. I would say you are going to get even better out of the box performance than the Ascender, (that's no mean feat in itself) with the ability to easily customize your motor, battery and electronics configurations.

I saw a few questions regarding price & avail dates. Tower has the kit for $350 shipping in June An yes Axial are still making kits, they just stopped making the old SCX10 kits so retailers were clear of them before the new kits arrived.

James.

Last edited by Toykid; 05-25-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Toykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:03 AM   #289
Quarry Creeper

I think axial did a good thing with the Cherokee body by targeting a more female audience. I can easily swap it out for a Chevy body and sell the soccer mom body to whoever actually likes it. Sorry jeep fans, but that's one of the ugliest 4x4's ever made in the 1:1 world. Good job axial for broadening your market and targeting more beginners.
monster 550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:31 AM   #290
waw
Quarry Creeper

a repost from Knight Customs

A big thanks to Axial & CaseyCurry for tonights event. Thanks to ‪#‎Ferndogg310‬ for some more awesome pictures of the new SCX10 2 from Axial's event this evening. I was way too busy taking in all the new details to snap any good pics. Make sure you go follow him if you aren't already. Details include:

Revised steel chassis:
  1. Chassis mounted servo
  2. Chassis mounted servo winch option
  3. Forward mount battery
  4. New scale transmission with 2speed option
  5. New super scale axles
  6. Improved steering geometry
  7. Universals stock
  8. Backward compatible to the original SCX10.
  9. New body with scale grill, roof rack bumpers and more.
  10. New front and rear bumpers
  11. New tires and wheels.

note: I don't own the material above, here's the owner
waw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 06:05 AM   #291
Quarry Creeper

I have no problem with the large transmission and happily welcome a second speed. I'll gladly trade someone my first gen transmission for their unwanted second gen one.
chino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 06:10 AM   #292
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster 550 View Post
I think axial did a good thing with the Cherokee body by targeting a more female audience. I can easily swap it out for a Chevy body and sell the soccer mom body to whoever actually likes it. Sorry jeep fans, but that's one of the ugliest 4x4's ever made in the 1:1 world. Good job axial for broadening your market and targeting more beginners.
You have no idea what you are talking about.
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:00 AM   #293
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMM View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about.
Let haters hate. We'll strap 'em out of a stuck eventually.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Jeepy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:05 AM   #294
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post
Body is old news. WJ ZJ or even a Wagoneer would've been more fresh but hey least it isn't a Deadbolt or Wrangler.

Least the underside is refreshed. Those Universal shafts look like they could fit AX10's possibly.

Either way another fantastic addition for the hobby to grow the sport. More parts to pick from.
A Wagoneer would have been awesome. Considering Axial's love of graphics & decals, a nice big panel of wood veneer & an option of something else in its place would seem like something they would want to do.

Last edited by txbart; 05-26-2016 at 07:13 AM.
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:15 AM   #295
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toykid View Post
I saw a few questions regarding price & avail dates. Tower has the kit for $350 shipping in June An yes Axial are still making kits, they just stopped making the old SCX10 kits so retailers were clear of them before the new kits arrived.
Does that mean they will no longer produce the old kits? Are they also transitioning the RTRs to ver. II?
Benbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:22 AM   #296
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benbot View Post
Does that mean they will no longer produce the old kits? Are they also transitioning the RTRs to ver. II?
The SCX10 kits have been discontinued for a while. If you happen to see any on the store shelves they are old stock.

I sure wish Axial would hurry up and really post this on their website so we can get a better look at it. Most of the top off pics that I have seen look like they were taken with a potato.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:38 AM   #297
Quarry Creeper

X2. That's what I'm waiting for too. Hurry up Axial! We're getting impatient! At least I am.
Wes S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:47 AM   #298

My next question is what scale winch will fit the scale JCR bumper the best?

These are the types of things I'd wish Axial would update their website to answer...
CaptMatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:48 AM   #299
Rock Crawler

I am glad to see they're coming out with a new platform. I ran several SCX10's before finally switching to an Ascender which is worlds better than the old SCX10 IMHO. I don't have any plans to buy the new truck but it's nice to see manufactures stepping it up.
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:49 AM   #300
RCC Addict

Patience peeps. They will update the site, that's a given. This was a small sneak preview for the owner's party, just like the YETI reveal at Axialfest '14.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote

Scx10 ii - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rc4wd trailfinder 2 axial scx10 hilux scx10 rubicon jeep TAFF1969 Scale Videos! 0 03-08-2016 07:11 AM
Newbie. Ordered CRC ScX10 rtr and SCX10 jeep kit. Mattdaddy1974 Axial SCX-10 15 07-11-2015 02:50 PM