Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Scx10 ii

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2016, 02:05 PM   #261
RCC Addict

Default Re: Scx10 ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
The poor "parts bin" guys have nothing to whine about. I pity them most of all.
Not quite sure what this means? Most of my rigs have been pieced together through parts purchased from the classifieds...not sure whats wrong with that.

Have 6 rigs and none were purchased NIB. (1) was complete artr, (3) were rollers, (2) were built from the ground up.

If you mean you pity those who pick their parts to their specific wants/needs then I must disagree, because at least I'll be building the rig i want instead of buying something with 1/2 of the parts that I don't want and will have to sell anyways.

I for one am on the fence about this. the axles look a bit too ascender-ish to me. Smaller tubes means unlikely to get beef tubes in there. The trans is a bit much for my wants/needs. No need for 2spd thus far.

As mentioned in a previous post I like the helical gears for less slop and smaller pumpkin. Also like that it is "stock" now with things people tend to upgrade first, such as CMS.

Last edited by Shinjari; 05-25-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2016, 02:12 PM   #262
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
Not quite sure what this means? Most of my rigs have been pieced together through parts purchased from the classifieds...not sure whats wrong with that.

Have 6 rigs and none were purchased NIB. (1) was complete artr, (3) were rollers, (2) were built form the ground up.

If you mean you pity those who pick their parts to their specific wants/needs then I must disagree, because at least I'll be building the rig i want instead of buying something with 1/2 of the parts that I don't want and will have to sell anyways.

I for one am on the fence about this. the axles look a bit too ascender-ish to me. Smaller tubes means unlikely to get beef tubes in there. The trans is a bit much for my wants/needs. No need for 2spd thus far.

As mentioned in a previous post I like the helical gears for less slop and smaller pumpkin. Also like that it is "stock" now with things people tend to upgrade first, such as CMS.
Don't get so defensive man. When the Bomber first came out, everyone screamed " PARTS BIN SPECIAL" from the highest mountain tops because it was basically half Yeti half Wraith with a new chassis. This new SCX10 II has enough newly designed parts that a whole separate sect of whiners has nothing to bitch about. That's all I was saying. I feel bad for the ones that can't complain about everything being a carry over component. I build most of my rigs piece by piece too. Moving on.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:21 PM   #263
RCC Addict

I have never broken an Axial axle housing and the new plastic is even better than the old stuff. I'm sure these housings will be plenty stronk for truck playing.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:29 PM   #264
Rock Crawler

Axial SCX10 II 2000 Jeep Cherokee Kit « Big Squid RC – News, Reviews, Videos, and More!
z50king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:31 PM   #265
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
I have never broken an Axial axle housing and the new plastic is even better than the old stuff. I'm sure these housings will be plenty stronk for truck playing.
I'm more concerned with the new pinion. Until it's proven, I'll have my doubts but I'm hopeful that I'm wrong.

And I have broken an AX housing before, but I agree with you on the new plastic.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:38 PM   #266
Quarry Creeper

Looks like an interesting design. The tranny is huge though! Says it has a "Low CG" transfer case but the heavy motor is sitting higher than before. But I'm still stoked to check this out
joe.bielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:41 PM   #267
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Don't get so defensive man. When the Bomber first came out, everyone screamed " PARTS BIN SPECIAL" from the highest mountain tops because it was basically half Yeti half Wraith with a new chassis. This new SCX10 II has enough newly designed parts that a whole separate sect of whiners has nothing to bitch about. That's all I was saying. I feel bad for the ones that can't complain about everything being a carry over component. I build most of my rigs piece by piece too. Moving on.
No offense taken just didn't know where you going with that lol. Now I know what you meant, with it looking like it has a reused trans on a tried and true chassis etc.

Like you said, moving on .
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:43 PM   #268
Rock Stacker

I'm in. I'll buy a kit once the pre-order period ends (assuming that's what they launch with) and assemble it as is and even paint the body based on the box art.

As a relative newb, I'm happy to have a way to get CMS with the details already sorted out by the factory. I would have liked to have forward motor mounting and a T-case for the same reasons, but I'm not throwing any chairs through any windows. I've got two SCX10 chassis sitting on my bench waiting to be built up. I can always cut my teeth on forward motor mounting with one of them.

Like I said in an earlier post, I'm not too excited about yet a another Jeep body, however, I really like the detail of this new body and will run it on the rig. The body looks more scale and like a hardbody compared to some of their more cartoon-ish bodies like the Deadbolt. I think it's going to look great when running side by side with a (de-stickered) Honcho vs. a Deadbolt or even a G6. It looks like they did a good job of threading the needle between "scale realism" and the accessibility that lexan provides for those of us who aren't into, or lack the skills for, the modeling aspect of the hobby.

I'm not excited about the mid-chassis placement of electronics out on the rails, I would have preferred forward mounting with horizontal battery placement. Again, this would be cool to have the factory sort this out but I'm sure the aftermarket will quickly provide options.

So yeah, I'll buy a kit and build it up and keep it as is, and since it's a 12.3 I'll probably quickly buy another kit after that, put one of my Honcho bodies on it, and start modding it.
KellyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:31 PM   #269
Quarry Creeper

X2. I'm waiting until the pre order period ends and I'm putting my money down.
Wes S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:14 PM   #270
I wanna be Dave

I want to just chime in and complain about the people complaining about the complainers.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:23 PM   #271
Rock Crawler

It's on my birthday wish list. If it is after that actual day that I find one on a shelf, so be it.
I'm glad to see chassis and steering improvements, and there is still plenty of room for aftermarket and personal tinkering.
The 12.3 WB means I can comp the Axial body and trail the China XJ body when I finish it, on the same chassis. As for it being another Jeep, they have a license from Chrysler, it would be dumb not to use it. Admittedly, I am a bit biased in this department though, haha. I've been driving XJs since high school.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Jeepy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:31 PM   #272
Quarry Creeper

The description on RPP says backwards compatible with scx10. Interesting

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:58 PM   #273
Pebble Pounder

I am Pre ordering as well, this looks like it could be a great class 1 contender right out of the box. Tires might be too large but otherwise it is pretty close. And I really like the 2 speed trans option personally but that's just me.

Either way I too will have one coming on the pre release order...
USP45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:18 PM   #274
Rock Crawler

I just want to praise the complainers a bit. It's due to us manufacturers strive to improve they're products. If evey one was happy, there would be no reason to develop new stuff other than something new to buy.
AngelowDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #275

I preordered. Cant wait.
ranger01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:37 PM   #276
Quarry Creeper

Holy crap - 275 posts, 14 pages in just 6 days? This has to be a record. Axials got everyone watching...
Wes S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:42 PM   #277
Rock Crawler

99% of you have yet to drive this rig but are complaining about Axial's know how and engineering.....wait until you drive one before yall start bitching about design & materials being used.
jeepster73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:52 PM   #278
Quarry Creeper

Oh God Wes. Please don't start that.

High pinion rear and XJ body. Bummer.

When I got turned onto brushless outrunners a few years ago, I was breaking stock housings weekly. But I was pushing the truck way beyond its limits.

I love Axial and will always be interested in what they have coming out. But this one isn't for me.
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:14 PM   #279
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino View Post
I'd like them to include a radio with an extra channel on it. It'd be great for the guys that want to add a winch later on.

They already do....the tactic radio is a 3 channel
stevetate12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:18 PM   #280
Rock Stacker

there is a position mount for a servo winch
lzysmrf is offline   Reply With Quote

Scx10 ii - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rc4wd trailfinder 2 axial scx10 hilux scx10 rubicon jeep TAFF1969 Scale Videos! 0 03-08-2016 07:11 AM
Newbie. Ordered CRC ScX10 rtr and SCX10 jeep kit. Mattdaddy1974 Axial SCX-10 15 07-11-2015 02:50 PM