Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Hittman's SMASH Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Hittman's SWITCH build

ya i run alot of sag in my truck as well. well ill tell u if 3 holes down works lol
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #142
I wanna be Dave

all my motors are at hh now getting new cans an rebuilds so im down for another few days
Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #143
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
ya i run alot of sag in my truck as well. well ill tell u if 3 holes down works lol
Quote:
all my motors are at hh now getting new cans an rebuilds so im down for another few days
Haha ok sounds good

And for sure. I love my Holmes motors in all my rigs. I thought about trying the Broods and had them installed, but just couldnt
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #144
E.Y. Designs

Hey since when did they let you drive with some screws and stickers and call it a chassis? Looking good bro

EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #145
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Hey since when did they let you drive with some screws and stickers and call it a chassis? Looking good bro
What, you havnt heard of the new Chaotic Ghost chassis???

Thanks mang
Old 01-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #146
Gold Star Baby!

Damn BRO!!!! That bitch looks planted. I have a question for ya. How are those upper CF links holding up? I just did something very similar to what you have. Did you pin the rod ends or did you just us an adhesive of some sorts? I used a 2 part epoxy and mine are on for good.
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #147
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrokin00XJ View Post
Damn BRO!!!! That bitch looks planted. I have a question for ya. How are those upper CF links holding up? I just did something very similar to what you have. Did you pin the rod ends or did you just us an adhesive of some sorts? I used a 2 part epoxy and mine are on for good.
Thanks man! I was really amazed at how planted it is now. I might mess around with only running two rings on the knuckle weights.. but we will see

And they are holding up great. No problems at all. I attached them to the rod ends with jb weld. Then I put a small bead of glue around the bottom of the end once the jb weld dried. They hold up just fine.

On my sporty I run 1/8" carbon rod with 3mm rod ends. Suprisingly they have held stong too. They are significantly lighter, but have mild flex. And since this rig has dig, I didnt want to run into problems, So thats the reason I used the 4mm rod..
Old 01-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #148
Gold Star Baby!

Yea that is the same reason why I went with the 4mn rod. I really want to get mine out an run it in a really bad way. But every time I get a break in the weather I always seem to be working. On my days off it just does nothing but snow.

The CF links really do lighten it up alot, when ya get into the lower part of the 4lb range it isn't easy or cheap to drop as much weight as I did when put those on. I think I lost around an ounce an a half.

BTW that clear chassis looks bad ass. What would be cool as hell to do is paint it with that transparent paint like what Mr Vertical did on his lid and his poly wheels.

Last edited by redrokin00XJ; 01-10-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #149
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yea that is the same reason why I went with the 4mn rod. I want get mine and run it in a really bad way. But every time I get a break in the weather I'm working. On my days off it just does nothing but snow.

The CF links really do lighten it up alot, when ya get into the lower part of the 4lb range it isn't easy or cheap to drop as much weight as I did when put those on. I think I lost around an ounce an a half.

BTW that clear chassis looks bad ass. What would be cool as hell to do is paint it that with the transparent paint like what Mr Vertical did on his lid and his poly wheels.
That is crappy.. Lucky for me, Its just cold here.. but the weather is fine.

They are very light comared to Ti links. When you get into the upper 3lb range that is when things get REALLY expensive.. but o well, its fun

Thanks.. I was thinking about some paint.. but I just cant convince myself to add that much weight to it
Old 01-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #150
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
I was thinking about some paint.. but I just cant convince myself to add that much weight to it

Now that's some funny ass shit right there.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #151
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Now that's some funny ass shit right there.
lol.. That is why I run clear panels too! And only a mist coat of paint of my sporty body.. Paint is heavy
Old 01-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #152
I wanna be Dave

i ran 1/8 ties on mine this week an beat the shit out of them with 3mm ends on them
Old 01-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i ran 1/8 ties on mine this week an beat the shit out of them with 3mm ends on them
The 1/8" Ti is stong.. but the 1/8" carbon isnt.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #154
RCC Addict

Definitely different. Hopefully all of the Poly holds up for you. Way to try a different setup and have it work for ya.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #155
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by paystin View Post
Definitely different. Hopefully all of the Poly holds up for you. Way to try a different setup and have it work for ya.
Thanks man The rig took another fall straight on the roof today.. This time only like 3ft or so.. And everything is fine. Dlux al. spacers are getting ordered tomorrow so that should help out some
Old 01-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #156
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Thanks man The rig took another fall straight on the roof today.. This time only like 3ft or so.. And everything is fine. Dlux al. spacers are getting ordered tomorrow so that should help out some
Hell yea they'll work for ya. I got some of his Al spacers a few weeks ago and they made a world of difference for me.

I don't think you'll have a problem at all with that poly.... My guess is that poly is just fine. Other wise I don't think Erik would sell it if they wouldn't hold up. He sells that Hall Chassis in poly....

Nothing looks cooler then someone thinking outside of the box IMO

Last edited by redrokin00XJ; 01-11-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #157
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hell yea they'll work for ya. I got some of his Al spacers a few weeks ago and they made a world of difference for me.

I don't think you'll have a problem at all with that poly.... My guess is that poly is just fine. Other wise I don't think Erik would sell it if they wouldn't hold up. He sells that Hall Chassis in poly....

Nothing looks cooler then someone thinking outside of the box IMO
My spacers will be a little.. Um custom shall we say

Exactly.. Why would they sell it if it didn't hold up..

I do have to agree with you there
Old 01-11-2013, 03:22 AM   #158
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
My spacers will be a little.. Um custom shall we say
Blue right? Anod or powdercoated?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #159
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Blue right? Anod or powdercoated?
If they are TI you can electrically anodize them... ive done it before and the effect is stunning oh and it adds no weight!

True fact: On formula one cars they use specially engineered "light weight paint" and put on like a FRACTION of the paint they put on a regular car. Its pretty insane. I can see Hittman doing the same
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #160
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
If they are TI you can electrically anodize them... ive done it before and the effect is stunning oh and it adds no weight!

True fact: On formula one cars they use specially engineered "light weight paint" and put on like a FRACTION of the paint they put on a regular car. Its pretty insane. I can see Hittman doing the same
The DLux spacers are 7075 Al... So the good stuff That sounds sick! You need to send me a pic

HAHA even that is still too heavy for him

Hittman's SMASH Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hittman's Featherweight Sporty Hittman Axial AX-10 Scorpion 104 05-19-2013 09:08 PM
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
Hittman's mini Hittman Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 17 10-01-2012 07:00 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM