Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Aussie yeti XL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2016, 04:24 AM   #101
Pebble Pounder

Default Aussie yeti XL

Building another xl
This one will be much the same but running a better servo, savox 1270, mamba monster 2, 2200kv.
I'm going to do the usual like upgrade steering but try a different brand to my first xl. I bought the gpm steering and it was ok but i expected more. Might give the hr a go.
Also go with the kit panels.
Love having both original colours, looks cool on shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VNEMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2016, 06:00 AM   #102
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Aussie yeti XL

I love the look of the green panels!

Last edited by Curb Crawler; 12-30-2016 at 06:04 AM.
Curb Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:06 AM   #103
RCC Addict

Good stuff man!! I've never seen the green body ! Looks killer
I think that your vehicle is the first one that utilizes the FACTORY LIGHT BAR .... I've tried to tell guys.. you can't buy a better set up than that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNEMSS View Post
Building another xl
This one will be much the same but running a better servo, savox 1270, mamba monster 2, 2200kv.
I'm going to do the usual like upgrade steering but try a different brand to my first xl. I bought the gpm steering and it was ok but i expected more. Might give the hr a go.
Also go with the kit panels.
Love having both original colours, looks cool on shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:04 PM   #104
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New to axial yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
I sure am !! I've got a New (Axial) set for the XLX ..and I just ordered 2 GPM HD Gear sets with the aluminum differentials..
Expect a full report and video follow up.
This seems to be the thread I'm looking for,
I installed an aluminum front gear box from HR on my YXL and when I closed it up and tightened screws the gears bind, apparently I have hd gears stock out of the RTR box. I returned it and am waiting for replacement. Should I expect same results? Would GPM be better? Do I have to replace gears?
Cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:28 PM   #105
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
This seems to be the thread I'm looking for,
I installed an aluminum front gear box from HR on my YXL and when I closed it up and tightened screws the gears bind, apparently I have hd gears stock out of the RTR box. I returned it and am waiting for replacement. Should I expect same results? Would GPM be better? Do I have to replace gears?
The thread is

Must watch video hd gear mod

The ONLY housing (bulkhead/rear axle) that exists is the DHAWK V2 bulkhead that I helped Jimmy Dhawk create... You either have to do a BHB PINION MOD or ....Risk it... There is a mod that utilizes a third bearing but that's a mod by its self... One that I use and recommend... Where a extra bearing is added in place of the shim spacer. Extra shims are required to make up for the difference in width.

But there is another HD mod called (3dr bearing pinion mod) that uses a thrid bearing and a washer/shim allows the pinion haunch to recide ....But as a fixed washer that the pinion rides against....Seems like friction to me so I'd advise the pinion mod ... You can EASILY preform it yourself or send it to a machinest that I supplied info for on my thread. I also have a load of videos over how to preform the mod...
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:01 PM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarHarborBasher View Post
The thread is

Must watch video hd gear mod

The ONLY housing (bulkhead/rear axle) that exists is the DHAWK V2 bulkhead that I helped Jimmy Dhawk create... You either have to do a BHB PINION MOD or ....Risk it... There is a mod that utilizes a third bearing but that's a mod by its self... One that I use and recommend... Where a extra bearing is added in place of the shim spacer. Extra shims are required to make up for the difference in width.

But there is another HD mod called (3dr bearing pinion mod) that uses a thrid bearing and a washer/shim allows the pinion haunch to recide ....But as a fixed washer that the pinion rides against....Seems like friction to me so I'd advise the pinion mod ... You can EASILY preform it yourself or send it to a machinest that I supplied info for on my thread. I also have a load of videos over how to preform the mod...
Damn! I am one confused newbie!
I'm trying to figure out FRONT gear box situation, it seems you are talking about rear diff.
I'm confused by " The only housing that exists is Dhawk V2, ....Hot Racing or GPM won't work on front gear case?
Old 12-30-2016, 09:33 PM   #107
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
Damn! I am one confused newbie!
I'm trying to figure out FRONT gear box situation, it seems you are talking about rear diff.
I'm confused by " The only housing that exists is Dhawk V2, ....Hot Racing or GPM won't work on front gear case?
The only front bulkhead that will work with the hd gears without modification is the dhawk v2
Shiesty2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:22 AM   #108
Quarry Creeper

Thanks

Aussie yeti XL - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM
Yeti Located - Axial Yeti bashing eunique Scale Videos! 0 02-12-2015 08:42 AM
Yeti Located - Axial Yeti bashing eunique Scale Videos! 0 01-09-2015 02:10 AM