Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #21
Yashua

Default Re: Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence.

What gets me is the only time I can find any like minded folks who are responsible and interested in this issue is when we visit the gun shop or the ammo isle at Walmart.
Where can the righteous gun owners get together and create something that would be recognized? Are we all really TOO BUSY?
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Default Re: Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence.

I'm sure not to busy to fight for my rights.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

25 minutes to go...
GySgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
Partly due to the media brianwashing (indoctrinating) whoever is ill informed.
I will not cave to this media pressure that is a waste of time.

Federal is the only way to keep existing gun control, it can not happen at state level. These politicians know it, but getting on media as a "good guy" now means future elect-ability. Nothing like PR on the media with no actual action plans.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GySgt Hartman View Post
Oregon has stepped into the ring:

Attachment 222488
Good! Now I want to see Klamath and deschutes counties get on that band wagon.

Klamath county also has the highest percentage if conceal carry permits in Oregon and it always has. Even before Oregon was shall issue Klamath county was basically shall issue.
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #26
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
I will not cave to this media pressure that is a waste of time.

Federal is the only way to keep existing gun control, it can not happen at state level. These politicians know it, but getting on media as a "good guy" now means future elect-ability. Nothing like PR on the media with no actual action plans.
texas is bound my its own constitution, and in it, we are subject only to the constitution of the united states.
we are not subject to the congress of the united states, nor the president.

to force such llegislation to be law in tx, they must amend the consitution.
any executive order is usless in this regard, and is against the law in the 1st place, an impetchable offense.

To pass such a gun ban, if texas feels its unconstitutional, we are 100% within our right to not abide, until the consitution is ammended
to limit said rights.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #27
Suck it up!

You guys do realize that an EO can be overturned, right? The Pres does not have final say in anything...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #28
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
You guys do realize that an EO can be overturned, right?
an executive order is for his executive branches..

so he can pass stuff that affects those branches.
executive orders are not allowed to affect the population at large, unless he is given some power by congress to do so.

he can change regulations to things under his controle, like the fbi, atf, homeland security, ect.

he can not change lalw of the land that affects the whole of the country.
its a violation of his power, and impeachable
Old 01-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
texas is bound my its own constitution, and in it, we are subject only to the constitution of the united states.
we are not subject to the congress of the united states, nor the president.

to force such llegislation to be law in tx, they must amend the consitution.
any executive order is usless in this regard, and is against the law in the 1st place, an impetchable offense.

To pass such a gun ban, if texas feels its unconstitutional, we are 100% within our right to not abide, until the consitution is ammended
to limit said rights.

Nice lame excuse but all misinformation from the NRA.

State laws are below Federal Laws, that means LAWS, no where does it say rights. To possess an illegal class 3 weapon you face criminal federal charges.

Your rights being infringed is infact a different issue, a Civil issue.

Some day I hope we all can learn the difference between civil and criminal laws and how they effect us.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #30
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Nice lame excuse but all misinformation from the NRA.

State laws are below Federal Laws, that means LAWS, no where does it say rights. To possess an illegal class 3 weapon you face criminal federal charges.

Your rights being infringed is infact a different issue, a Civil issue.

Some day I hope we all can learn the difference between civil and criminal laws and how they effect us.
I'm not a member, and dont read thier sht. I have read our states constitution. If, a mojority of our states elected decide to not abide, they are 100% within thier right to do so.

That does not mean that the state wont follow law that is a violation of teh constitution....they have before, and I'm sure they will agian.
but they are within thier right NOT to so long as the consitution reads at it does today.

That constiution was ackwoledged by the grant administration.

you know, when he let us in, even though the suprem court said we never left.

and its a state rights issue, our state has the legal right to follow the constitution no matter what the rest of the states, or the president
say is law.

the states can agree to amend teh constitution, and if they do, and if gun limitations are placed within it. then and only then, would texes have to abide, per our own constitution.

keep and bare arms....that means all arms.
in fact, full auto would fall under that.
and in fact full auto weapons are legal to own.

we need to wind the clock back about 80 yrs, you know, when federal agents wasnt allowed to carry weapons into states, or serve warrants. They had to seek assistance from the STATE to serve warrants with its lawmen, the feds have way to much power now.

Last edited by rock hard; 01-16-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Let me sum-up the action items.

Executive Actions:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Congressional Legislation Proposals:
1. Require criminal background checks for all gun sales. (a.k.a. closing the "gun show loophole.")

2. Reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban.

3. Restore the 10-round limit on ammunition magazines.

4. Protect police by finishing the job of getting rid of armor-piercing bullets.

5. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun crime.

6. End the freeze on gun violence research.

7. Make our schools safer with more school resource officers and school counselors, safer climates, and better emergency response plans.

8. Help ensure that young people get the mental health treatment they need.

9. Ensure health insurance plans cover mental health benefits.

Last edited by GySgt Hartman; 01-16-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Please Rock Hard, read and interpret the 10th amendment. Texas is a state, like it or not.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

I was worried about the executive orders, they look all mostly benign.

The House will not pass any new firearms legislation under the current Republican majority.

So status quo for now.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

i do not mean to derail here. hmm i wonder if i even speelled that right? but would it be a wise time to start collecting parts to build an AR-15 besides the infalted prices and lack of parts.
slegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Just sounds like more excuses. It seems that many have plenty of those but very few take any action in order to get anything positive started. Partly due to the media brianwashing (indoctrinating) whoever is ill informed.
Quote:
What gets me is the only time I can find any like minded folks who are responsible and interested in this issue is when we visit the gun shop or the ammo isle at Walmart.
Where can the righteous gun owners get together and create something that would be recognized? Are we all really TOO BUSY?
instead of complaining about how we arent doing anything, why dont you get out there and organize something. ill join..
93 FORD BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slegh View Post
i do not mean to derail here. hmm i wonder if i even speelled that right? but would it be a wise time to start collecting parts to build an AR-15 besides the infalted prices and lack of parts.
that time has come and gone.
93 FORD BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GySgt Hartman View Post
The House will not pass any new firearms legislation under the current Republican majority.

So status quo for now.
I wouldn't count on that.

Like Obama said, the American people need to speak up. Let's just hope gun owners get off their asses, and speak out against a ban.
Stburr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

#18... wasnt that the nra's suggestion he said he was against?

straight from my mind to tapatalk
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Dammit...now people are gonna want to move here.

You got a spare couch till we can get settled?
The DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #40
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
#18... wasnt that the nra's suggestion he said he was against?

straight from my mind to tapatalk
Maybe he changed his mind. Nothing wrong with that.

Other than the proposal to reinstate the assault weapons ban and the ammo limit, does anyone take issue with what has been proposed?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a question for Anti-Gun people jetboat Chit Chat 84 01-15-2013 09:32 PM
Firearm guys, People with Guns. Need Advice Breaker 1-9 Chit Chat 29 12-06-2008 08:07 PM
Nylint Crawling, at the end i kill mine trickedoutTLT06 Videos! 21 10-05-2006 03:07 PM