Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
Only one I dint like for sure I guess is the doctor part..
I honestly dont think it wil help, I think it will be a cloud.
Some may cosider the ramafications of being 100% forth coming while in session..Some may decide not to seek treatment in the 1st place for the
lack of privacy.
Anytime a patient (docs) or client (law) makes a threat to themselves, family, other it is not against the confidentiality agreements to go to the police and have and incident reported.

Also, since it's clear you think it needs to be a raging looney, which is not true...this is why medical professionals handling these mental patients need to be well trained. Not to listen or view blind, but to see other cues that might be triggers.

You make it sound like they ask 10 questions and on the answer of those questions a judgement is done. It's not, it should have to do with the reaction, timing, focus, and all the involved human triggers that will be there with the answer, be the answer sane the triggers behind it may not.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Number 16.

It's none of the governments business, much less my medical providers how many fire arms I own or how much ammo I keep on hand for those fire arms.
Our medical office asks patients questions all of the time that they give OBVIOUS false answers to...and these are questions that pertain to their health. Nothing is forcing you to answer truthfully.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #63
Suck it up!

Quote:
It's none of the governments business, much less my medical providers how many fire arms I own or how much ammo I keep on hand for those fire arms.
Agreed. I think a simple "do you own firearms? yes/no" would be sufficient, but only if there were some kind of question about your mental state.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #64
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Anytime a patient (docs) or client (law) makes a threat to themselves, family, other it is not against the confidentiality agreements to go to the police and have and incident reported.

Also, since it's clear you think it needs to be a raging looney, which is not true...this is why medical professionals handling these mental patients need to be well trained. Not to listen or view blind, but to see other cues that might be triggers.

You make it sound like they ask 10 questions and on the answer of those questions a judgement is done. It's not, it should have to do with the reaction, timing, focus, and all the involved human triggers that will be there with the answer, be the answer sane the triggers behind it may not.
No I'm assuming a person who may seek help, would like to be able to be 100% honest and forthcoming with his doctor.

I think that making is clear, that the doctor can inform authirities will makke some patients wonder if they should "or can" be 100% honest.
And some may just decide to not seek help in the 1st place.

If you fail to ackwoledge that potentioal, then I say you underestimate
human behavior of self preservation.....many things can spawn fear.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Should I assume that everyone's silence means "no"?

I don't like that it's gonna take another $500 million to do all he's saying just more money wasted! As far as I'm concerned there is no way you can predict how some one is going to act in the future. Just my .02
MadMax5978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Our medical office asks patients questions all of the time that they give OBVIOUS false answers to...and these are questions that pertain to their health. Nothing is forcing you to answer truthfully.
I understand that. instead, why not ask how many boxes of cookies do you own, are you prepared to eat them?

Seems to me a much more relivant question in the case of a medical setting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Agreed. I think a simple "do you own firearms? yes/no" would be sufficient, but only if there were some kind of question about your mental state.
Better, but still irrelivent to the situation.

Doc my allergies are terrible, can you help?

Well Mr. Smith, how many fire arms do you own? How much ammunition do you keep on hand for them?
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #67
Suck it up!

Quote:
Better, but still irrelivent to the situation.

Doc my allergies are terrible, can you help?

Well Mr. Smith, how many fire arms do you own? How much ammunition do you keep on hand for them?
That is why I said that question should be asked only if your mental stability or state of mind is in question.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #68
Suck it up!

And it wouldn't have to be the police that come to confiscate your weapons if you turn out to be a nut job. If they can get a reliable friend or family member to do the same, its just as good. Keeping YOU from having access is the whole point...
Old 01-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

As I read through these proposals again, number 14 gets me thinking.

Is this an attempt to call firearms a public health threat?

Could this be another attempt to open a new avenue for restrictions?

Like the FBI, ATF, HSO, DOJ aren't enough, lets throw the CDC into the mix and add more government intrusion into the equation.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I understand that. instead, why not ask how many boxes of cookies do you own, are you prepared to eat them?
That's the EXACT question I was referring to earlier...

Quote:
Seems to me a much more relivant question in the case of a medical setting?
Agreed.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

I'm not a proponent of gun control...but I'd like to address the topic of this thread:

"Guns don't kill people,people kill people"

guns empower a cowardly f%$# form getting up close and personal with whomever they'd like to kill. How many would be murderers would be detered from doing such if they had to smell the breath of their victim...or kill them with your hands, if the "smelly breath" analogy escapes you.
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Number 4 makes me laugh.

Have the attorney general check to make sure the wrong people don't buy or own guns?

Ummmm, what happened in the "Fast and Furious" debacle?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

All of these EOs and yet nothing addressing the Entertainment industry.

I guess Obama didn't want to interfere or upset his Hollywood supporters as they continue making millions (and donating large sums to him)glorifying gun violence?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
I've brought this subject up to more people than I can remember, all wanna do something but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and the excuses start. I've brought it up on here a hundred times as well, that WE the people are the goverments employer.
People make a statment when they want to secede, or want there birth control paid for but when something that really infringes on us as a people comes along there seems to be no back bone to stand up, I guess it takes to much time or something.
Not too sound like a smart ass (or dumb ass), but how would ya go about starting a petition for something?
Hell, there are enough folks just on this forum that each of them in there own state should be able to raise a rukus on any particular issue they may feel the need for.
I was thinkin the same thing. If we could find a way to circulate a petition on this forum we could probly get some stuff done. There's definatly enough members. I have no idea how we would go about doing this though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
I'm not a proponent of gun control...but I'd like to address the topic of this thread:

"Guns don't kill people,people kill people"

guns empower a cowardly f%$# form getting up close and personal with whomever they'd like to kill. How many would be murderers would be detered from doing such if they had to smell the breath of their victim...or kill them with your hands, if the "smelly breath" analogy escapes you.
i see your point but I think if someone really wanted to kill someone else it wouldn't matter how, it might have some effect on certain people but I think it would be negligible. When your at the point of literally going to kill someone I would think you wouldn't care about the person breath or anything else for that matter. Most murderes are not right in the head in the first place.
93 FORD BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Did he do the speech? No gun or mag ban?
wondering the same thing.

nevermind...

Last edited by 93 FORD BRONCO; 01-16-2013 at 02:12 PM.
93 FORD BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 FORD BRONCO View Post
I was thinkin the same thing. If we could find a way to circulate a petition on this forum we could probly get some stuff done. There's definatly enough members. I have no idea how we would go about doing this though.
i see your point but I think if someone really wanted to kill someone else it wouldn't matter how, it might have some effect on certain people but I think it would be negligible. When your at the point of literally going to kill someone I would think you wouldn't care about the person breath or anything else for that matter. Most murderes are not right in the head in the first place.
if you had to stab someone, or strangle them instead of picking them off with an automatic weapon, you're going to think about it while you are doing it. It's not as trivial as spewing hundreds of rounds in a matter of seconds...then having the look of that idiot in Col. with the WTF did I just do look on his face. You are right, if you want to kill someone, you're gonna do it...but the numbers are't going to be near as high
Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
It's not as trivial as spewing hundreds of rounds in a matter of seconds
Whats the stats on homicides involving mini-guns in the US?
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINister View Post
Whats the stats on homicides involving mini-guns in the US?
I'm sure it's not pretty...but the head count certainly isn't as high
Old 01-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #79
Suck it up!

Quote:
All of these EOs and yet nothing addressing the Entertainment industry.

I guess Obama didn't want to interfere or upset his Hollywood supporters as they continue making millions (and donating large sums to him)glorifying gun violence?
Its funny, I stopped at a small convenience store yesterday, and the clerk behind the counter had the radio on.

I won't tell you what kind of music it was, but it involved guns, a shootout, and taking a bullet to the chest.

Three guesses as to what he was listening to...
Old 01-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Lawrence Welk's gangsta polka paradise?

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a question for Anti-Gun people jetboat Chit Chat 84 01-15-2013 09:32 PM
Firearm guys, People with Guns. Need Advice Breaker 1-9 Chit Chat 29 12-06-2008 08:07 PM
Nylint Crawling, at the end i kill mine trickedoutTLT06 Videos! 21 10-05-2006 03:07 PM