Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Its funny, I stopped at a small convenience store yesterday, and the clerk behind the counter had the radio on.

I won't tell you what kind of music it was, but it involved guns, a shootout, and taking a bullet to the chest.

Three guesses as to what he was listening to...
Bhangra.

Oh wait...no....maybe.....Old Macdonald?
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
if you had to stab someone, or strangle them instead of picking them off with an automatic weapon, you're going to think about it while you are doing it. It's not as trivial as spewing hundreds of rounds in a matter of seconds...then having the look of that idiot in Col. with the WTF did I just do look on his face. You are right, if you want to kill someone, you're gonna do it...but the numbers are't going to be near as high
in 2006 there were a reported 12,791 homicides caused by firearms

in that same year there were a reported 18,573 homicides cause by means other than firearms.
93 FORD BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Quote:
Its funny, I stopped at a small convenience store yesterday, and the clerk behind the counter had the radio on.

I won't tell you what kind of music it was, but it involved guns, a shootout, and taking a bullet to the chest.

Was it a track from the Predator album cause that sh*t rocks.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #84
Yashua

Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins ?

Quote:

CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #85
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Lawrence Welk's gangsta polka paradise?
Close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins ?
Closer.

It was old, old cowboy music.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
if you had to stab someone, or strangle them instead of picking them off with an automatic weapon, you're going to think about it while you are doing it. It's not as trivial as spewing hundreds of rounds in a matter of seconds...then having the look of that idiot in Col. with the WTF did I just do look on his face. You are right, if you want to kill someone, you're gonna do it...but the numbers are't going to be near as high
i partially agree with your statement , but i do have an issue with if you don't have an automatic ( which isn't what was used ) weapon the numbers aren't going to be near as high . it still boils down to the fact that the person is or has killed someone ( be it with a gun a knife a pipe bomb or a truck full of fertilizer and fuel ) . don't forget about people like the unibomber and timothy Mcvay ( no they weren't smelling the breath of the person or people they killed but they were still just as mentally troubled and the people were still just as dead ) . i don't really have any issues with the background check for firearms purchases ( as long as the regulations don't get to stupid ) , i believe that we as a society need to reduce the stigmata of having a mental disorder and the medical help for these people should be accessable to all who need it .
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #87
RCC Addict

All I can do is sit here and think about all the dead beats who would not get out and vote for whatever lame reason they had.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #88
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
All I can do is sit here and think about all the dead beats who would not get out and vote for whatever lame reason they had.
Vote for who?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #89
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper6171 View Post
...i do have an issue with if you don't have an automatic ( which isn't what was used ) weapon the numbers aren't going to be near as high ....don't forget about people like the unibomber and timothy Mcvay
Don't forget John Allen Muhammad. Whenever I hear the argument of "High Rate of Fire", "High Powered Rifle" or "Large capacity magazines", I think of the DC sniper. Yes he did use a Bushmaster, but he killed one shot at a time.

Banning Assault style weapons, and high capacity magazines may make everyone feel better right now, but it's not going to stop someone like the DC Sniper. Let's just hope nobody aspires to copycat his crimes.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #90
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Banning Assault style weapons, and high capacity magazines may make everyone feel better right now, but it's not going to stop someone like the DC Sniper. Let's just hope nobody aspires to copycat his crimes.
You can still kill plenty of innocent people fairly quickly with a revolver and a lever action rifle.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #91
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
You can still kill plenty of innocent people fairly quickly with a revolver and a lever action rifle.
The Rifleman opening credits with Alka Seltzer and One-A-Day - YouTube
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #92
Suck it up!

Nice, but this one is better.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Economic stimulus!

A co-worker part-times at a gun shop out in the sticks. A good week for them is $3K. Lately they've been averaging $15K per day. There's no ammo left on the shelves. Home Depot is sold out of 6-inch PVC pipe; people are burying their guns.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

I must say i am sick of all this shit.We have a group who uses statements like "even if we can save one life" to try and push gun control but yet will not stand against abortion.
That would save way the hell more than one life.I am sure lots will not agree with me but IMHO that's B.S.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #95
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
I must say i am sick of all this shit.We have a group who uses statements like "even if we can save one life" to try and push gun control but yet will not stand against abortion.
Funny, isn't it.

Not haha funny, but hypocritical funny.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

theloudone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #97
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
Home Depot is sold out of 6-inch PVC pipe; people are burying their guns.
Maybe they are stocking up on potato gun parts? Got to stock up before the government takes those as well.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #98
Quarry Creeper

Don't sweat it, there will be truck loads of guns, mags and bullets coming cross the boarder after the disarmament. You know the same ones that haul all the other completely illegal stuff.
RiceBurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #99
Quarry Creeper

OBAMA'S a piece of........I mean yea he's cool
sidehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #100
I wanna be Dave

I keep going over Obama's EO's and the bill which passed in NY regarding changes in reporting by mental health professionals (including RN's and social workers) having the ability to report someone as (in their opinion) being a threat to themselves or others and thereby placed on a state registry, having their CCW revoked, and their fire arms seized without due process.

Instead of addressing one of the major issues behind so many of these shootings, Obama's EO's could actually prevent people who might seek out the help of a mental health professional do to the fear being falsely or mistakenly accussed.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a question for Anti-Gun people jetboat Chit Chat 84 01-15-2013 09:32 PM
Firearm guys, People with Guns. Need Advice Breaker 1-9 Chit Chat 29 12-06-2008 08:07 PM
Nylint Crawling, at the end i kill mine trickedoutTLT06 Videos! 21 10-05-2006 03:07 PM