Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence.

Quote:
1. Require criminal background checks for all gun sales. (a.k.a. closing the "gun show loophole.")
I wonder if this will be required of individual to individual sales? If so, how is an individual supposed to perform this check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DC View Post
You got a spare couch till we can get settled?
Yep, it's about 7 hours north of here.........in Oklahoma.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #42
Suck it up!

Default Re: Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Other than the proposal to reinstate the assault weapons ban and the ammo limit, does anyone take issue with what has been proposed?
Should I assume that everyone's silence means "no"?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #43
Yashua

I've brought this subject up to more people than I can remember, all wanna do something but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and the excuses start. I've brought it up on here a hundred times as well, that WE the people are the goverments employer.
People make a statment when they want to secede, or want there birth control paid for but when something that really infringes on us as a people comes along there seems to be no back bone to stand up, I guess it takes to much time or something.
Not too sound like a smart ass (or dumb ass), but how would ya go about starting a petition for something?
Hell, there are enough folks just on this forum that each of them in there own state should be able to raise a rukus on any particular issue they may feel the need for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 FORD BRONCO View Post
instead of complaining about how we arent doing anything, why dont you get out there and organize something. ill join..
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
We're in CA. Not sure about filling out a form, but she wouldn't stop prying to try to find out. Even going as far as asking if all of them were registered. I personally don't think it is any of the hospitals business how many guns or how much ammo I keep around. I reload my own for dirt cheap so I have a ton for all of my guns. But why are they asking these questions?
Big brother has to have his nose in everything.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #45
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Maybe he changed his mind. Nothing wrong with that.

Other than the proposal to reinstate the assault weapons ban and the ammo limit, does anyone take issue with what has been proposed?
Here in Cali, we already went through the assault ban many years ago, then they forgot to renew it and here we are again. Plus we already have a 10 round limit. I was just thinking about heading over to AZ to pick up some 20-30 round clips before they are gone.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I wonder if this will be required of individual to individual sales?
I would assume so...

Quote:
The background checks for individual to individual provate sales. Once again the powers that be are proposing regulations on an activity there is no possible way of monitoring or enforcing.
GySgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #47
Yashua

#16 is , well weird
Old 01-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #48
Yashua

There gone .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
Here in Cali, we already went through the assault ban many years ago, then they forgot to renew it and here we are again. Plus we already have a 10 round limit. I was just thinking about heading over to AZ to pick up some 20-30 round clips before they are gone.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #49
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GySgt Hartman View Post
The background checks for individual to individual provate sales. Once again the powers that be are proposing regulations on an activity there is no possible way of monitoring or enforcing.
The only way they could do that would be to hold the known owner of a registered weapon accountable for any wrongdoing that that weapon may be a part of. That would force registered gun owners and their prospective buyers to make that transaction through a third party so that it is on record.

Other than the increased hassle, I see no problem with that. It would, in effect, protect the seller.

But that still leaves the unregistered weapons free to exchange hands with no regulation.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 01-16-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GySgt Hartman View Post
I would assume so...
Now I'm just interested in selling stuff so I can stick my nose in other people's business....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Did he do the speech? No gun or mag ban?
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Did he do the speech? No gun or mag ban?

Really...?

GySgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #53
dnf

Quote:
Maybe he changed his mind. Nothing wrong with that.

on executive orderes I have a few that give me pause

on the congress side, I dont like 5

mostly I dont like these cuz its unclear how extensive, or reaching these may be, or made clear
what means and methodes will be used to implement.

like #2, it says removing certain legal barriers..what barriers?
maybe people likek that barrier, we dontn know cuz its not specific

Last edited by rock hard; 01-16-2013 at 12:33 PM.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #54
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
on executive orderes I have a few that give me pause

on the congress side, I dont like 5

mostly I dont like these cuz its unclear how extensive, or reaching these may be, or made clear
what means and methodes will be used to implement.

like #2, it says removing certain legal barriers..what barriers?
maybe people likek that barrier, we dontn know cuz its not specific
The specifics come later, these are merely points to focus legislature on.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
There gone .
Damn right, lol.

And this is why I always bought a mag for the AR when I found a good deal. Now there are no good deals.
dunerinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #56
dnf

Quote:
The specifics come later, these are merely points to focus legislature on.
Only one I dint like for sure I guess is the doctor part..
I honestly dont think it wil help, I think it will be a cloud.
Some may cosider the ramafications of being 100% forth coming while in session..Some may decide not to seek treatment in the 1st place for the
lack of privacy.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #57
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
Only one I dint like for sure I guess is the doctor part..
I honestly dont think it wil help, I think it will be a cloud.
Some may cosider the ramafications of being 100% forth coming while in session..Some may decide not to seek treatment in the 1st place for the
lack of privacy.
People not seeking help is a concern, but there is no way around that other than hoping that someone in their family raises that red flag. But frankly, regardless of what the constitution says, if a person is clinically not right in the head they should not be armed. No sane person has ever gone on a shooting spree, or committed suicide, or stabbed and killed their family.

We have to either make it harder for everyone to get weapons, or make it harder for those who should not have them.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Number 2.

Would casue issues with patient confidentially.

Number 16.

It's none of the governments business, much less my medical providers how many fire arms I own or how much ammo I keep on hand for those fire arms.

Last edited by dezfan; 01-16-2013 at 01:03 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Another county, Crook county, in Oregon sent in a letter stating he will refuse to enforce any federal firearms law he finds unconstitutional.
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #60
RCC Addict

It wasn't too bad. Could have been worse for sure. Some of it is questionable but in the end I think mostly it will end up being better background checks and having to go through a 3rd party for private sales. The gun industry won't miss pen hookers anyway. They may still go for a ban on scary guns and hicaps but it won't pass congress.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a question for Anti-Gun people jetboat Chit Chat 84 01-15-2013 09:32 PM
Firearm guys, People with Guns. Need Advice Breaker 1-9 Chit Chat 29 12-06-2008 08:07 PM
Nylint Crawling, at the end i kill mine trickedoutTLT06 Videos! 21 10-05-2006 03:07 PM