Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Traxxas....your so original..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Traxxas....your so original..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigels_world View Post
Do non-sct wheels even fit over the traxxas knuckles?
Don't have a choice on that suspension or the Slayer, the fronts on that and all the way around on the Slayer require that style of rim, same for the 1/16 Slash.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Looks like it would be a fun basher with brushless.
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
not without modification. on the front c hubs and knuckles you have to cut off one of the 2 mounting options for turnbuckles.
theloudone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #24
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloudone View Post
not without modification. on the front c hubs and knuckles you have to cut off one of the 2 mounting options for turnbuckles.
Or, use the RPM Revolver Wide Crawler wheels.
Attached Images

johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I say if it attracts more people into the crawling market I hope they sell 10 million. Traxxas vehicles are always RTR and available in every hobby shop I've ever been in. I see it like this most people I know bought a traxass, bashed it got into racing then bought a Mugen, team associated Losi etc. Most still have one for bashing. So if a guy walks in buys one uses it and like trailing/crawling he'll soon look around for something more scale or capable and then buy a Vaterra, Axial, RC4WD etc. More sales equals more product development, more products,more sponsorships etc and the hobby grows.
xCoolHandLukex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoolHandLukex View Post
I say if it attracts more people into the crawling market I hope they sell 10 million. Traxxas vehicles are always RTR and available in every hobby shop I've ever been in. I see it like this most people I know bought a traxass, bashed it got into racing then bought a Mugen, team associated Losi etc. Most still have one for bashing. So if a guy walks in buys one uses it and like trailing/crawling he'll soon look around for something more scale or capable and then buy a Vaterra, Axial, RC4WD etc. More sales equals more product development, more products,more sponsorships etc and the hobby grows.

I agree with you. I said the same thing on my post
Quiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Thank you, I needed that.

Last edited by Dostradamas; 08-12-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

sure it is awesome to get more people into the hobby. and yes it is great for the hobby for traxxas to have add ans sponsorships everywhere, increasing exposure to the masses. hard to argue that these are bad things..... is anyone is really complaining about that? and im sure this new truck sell well, and they will money off it. thats what companies are supposed to do after all.

but most, not all, but most folks on this forum (and most rc internet forums in general) are not newbs. they are aware of the different brand names, and what vehicles they have to offer. they see the scope and variety of vehicles available. and i imagine most want more, better diversity from the leader in industry, especially w their premium prices. not just body/wheel/tire/a-arm changes. this tends to send a message that designing and selling vehicles can be easy. with video games (yes im aware that a new generation of consoles is coming out in the fall) this is called 'sequel-itis', where innovation slowly ends, and the same basic product is produced over and over again, with slight, mostly cosmetic changes. ever heard of call of duty? or general motors in the 70's and 80's?

it would just be nice to see the big t try harder every now then with mass appeal releases, not more niche vehicles like the funny cars or x0-1. with the cash they seem to be making, how much could they lose? or what if it was a huge success?

how about beat hpi and release a 1/8 gas engine? or or a 1/5 scale? or a proper 1/8 buggy, truggy, or a proper onroad? or something new and genre defying? (summit doesnt really count, based on revo platform)

and yes, this is a crawler site, so who doesnt want a solid-axle anything?!?!?! i dont even care if its any good, i just want to see what they come up with. it is almost like some where in their mission statement they swore to never release one....
jaytet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

I would agree with the 1/5 scale thing. If Traxxas came out with a 1/5th scale off road racer (buggy, SCT) I think that would really shake the industry if they could meet a certain price point.
thisdougsforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #30
RCC Addict

I like it.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
Or, use the RPM Revolver Wide Crawler wheels.
Sweet ! That's the body i'll run on my 2wd . Going to by a few just I case proline decides to disco it like the rest of the good bodies.
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

As much as you guys hate it. I personally like that most parts Interchange. Makes it easy to stock parts for a bunch of rides. Traxxas is know for RTR bashing and with that you got to find parts.
maro69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Jeez you guys are picky, anyone remember whose brand gearbox everyone was using in their home made scale trucks back before Axial burst onto the scene, i think it came from a company that started with "T". Spoiled for choice and only limited by our imaginations on what we can build, yet the majority of us still complain cause every new (well sort of new)product Isn't a dazzling explosion in our pants.

For the record, i like this new traxxas and i bet so would my son cause it goes fast and will still crawl semi reasonably
Cortina79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisdougsforu View Post
I would agree with the 1/5 scale thing. If Traxxas came out with a 1/5th scale off road racer (buggy, SCT) I think that would really shake the industry if they could meet a certain price point.
Yeah Traxxas price point $1500. All Plastic except shocks.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #35

I find it funny that everyone bashes traxxas for using same chassis with just some small changes ( body, wheels). When most off the companies do same the same thing. How many different cars has Tamiya put out under the same chassis ( TT01, TA01, Blackfoot extreme chassis etc.) . Heck even Axial does that.
bill400ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

The sad thing is, I might pick one up for my daughter - she has an ax10 but it doesnt go fast enough (for her liking)....this might fit the bill nicely.
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
With some offset yes they do.

The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Gonna need this.
Attached Images

dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

I can see that traxxas wants to appeal to multiple markets with the stuff they come out with but it does seem like they are beating the hell out of the "easy" button these days. I can understand trying to keep cost down by creating new vehicles with existing parts but on the other hand they come out with crap like a funny car and a 100mph death missle that you need a $400 phone to unlock potential(cant say that traxxas wasn't in bed with the phone manufacture in that deal). a 1/5 would be not practical because its price point will be more insane than their 100mph car and it would make too much sense for them to come out with a vehicle that would be a completely new from scratch. traxxas is a great company because they are able to produce a product that is a great value to strength ratio so that is a huge plus. would it have been better to see them come out with a koh inspired rig or straight axel style comp crawler yes but it remains to be seen and who knows maybe this short chassis 4x4 slash will be the spring board into a full blown crawler soon but I don't wanna be the same color as a smurf so I will just keep watching what new stuff comes out like the rest.
DroopysGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #40
Suck it up!

Quote:
The original Slash had 2.2's. I've got a full set still, maybe two. IIRC the 2.2/3.0 size came about to accommodate the Revo knuckles used on the Slayer.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote

Traxxas....your so original.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
original rc10 slegh Non Crawler RC's 0 06-05-2013 09:13 AM
Original AX-10 Scorpion tyerfryersc Chit Chat 10 01-17-2012 01:00 PM
the original clodbuster honcho1.9 Chit Chat 4 12-30-2010 11:23 PM