Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Traxxas....your so original..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Traxxas....your so original..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINister View Post
I'm not a traxxas guy I don't care for the go fast stuff but in every way you could compare the two companies traxxas would beat axial in almost every category including overall quality. Axial didn't paint their parts grey but they did reuse many parts from the original AX10 kit. They both reuse parts for the same reason to save money. The scx10 is a good kit but hasn't changed all that much other then bodies. The addition of cheap plastic links in their kits and shocks that leak like a sieve is a real improvement to some people I guess. As for quality go get a cheap stampede and an xr10 and see which breaks first or better yet a revo vs wraith. Traxxas probably loses more covering warranties then Axial makes total. Which is why traxxas hasn't had to sell itself to a larger company to keep the doors open.

Anyone want to make a bet as to how many decades traxxas will be around after axial is gone?
I totally agree!
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbounder View Post
This thread could have easily been named ... Axial...... Your so original .
Or even Tamiya?
Cortina79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #63
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
I love my axial trucks so don't take this the wrong way buuuut seems like the aftermarket has found and fixed the weak links not axial .
Yes there is a lot of aftermarket support, but if you run a bone stock honcho or dingo (like most Traxxas stampede, slash people do) they hold up really well.

In crawling the aftermarket support is needed for guys who add 5 pounds of metal to their rigs and need 2300kv + brushless sensored motors. Similar after market support is needed for most Traxxas vehicles when you add brushless power. Thats why Traxxas and RPM have full lines of parts for Traxxas vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINister View Post
I'm not a traxxas guy I don't care for the go fast stuff but in every way you could compare the two companies traxxas would beat axial in almost every category including overall quality.
I think you are confusing quality with really thick un-scale plastic parts.

To me making a part really thick so it is tough is completely different then making quality parts.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #64
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
I think you are confusing quality with really thick un-scale plastic parts.

To me making a part really thick so it is tough is completely different then making quality parts.
Traxxas doesn't make scalers so their parts don't have to be scale. Not everyone cares about how scale something is. In fact only scale guys do which is like .00001 of the rc market.

Parts that work and don't break are quality parts.

Then there's the gearbox on the xr10. There's no way axial didn't know the gearbox was not up to snuff for what the truck was intended for. Lucky for all of us they made a hd set at the tune of $20 a gear.

I didn't even get into how many traxxas parts were used on the first crawlers which helped rock crawling get to where it is today.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

We seen how a bone stock xr10 and wraith holds up .
They should have made their plastic thicker . (JK)

Last edited by hellbounder; 08-10-2013 at 07:16 PM.
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

This is getting to the awkward point, like when dad hits mom at the dinner table and your not sure if your supposed to keep eating it go to your room........ But either way who has the bigger peepee don't really matter, my poor friend Scott I mean maybe 4" and ugly to to it off, but he makes do with is 100k a year job and his, wife...well I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating cookies....but all I can say is good for Traxxas, they opened the door for me into this TOY CAR hobby. Got a slash, tons of Support parts wise easy learning and fixing it built my confidence into the hobby to the point where buying axles and brake line just to build my own from scratch seems fun not scarry, and for 300 bucks fit something your kid can go trailing with and have the durability to not worry about him driving it off a four foot cliff and not panic like I do with 1000 bucks dumped into something. Ford, Chevy, dodge, vw, axial, traxxas, ky jelly or western family lube all in the same category........ But really even if they was really messy cookies still wouldn't kick her out.
racin707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

z50king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by z50king View Post
He said he wants to sleep with his mates hot wife and he's sacred to break his expensive toy car??
Cortina79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #69

if a slash 4x4 rtr and a wraith rtr had a cage match fight to the death, you would have one dead wraith in a very short amount of time.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik632 View Post

This could actually be a great truck to have as a "guest" truck. A lot of times I want to invite people along with us when we trail ride, but I don't want to give up one of my current rigs. This one would handle some bashing, water, and even crawl a little. I could see upgrading the wheels and tires right away though. Those stock tires don't look like they grip too well.
X2
Thinking about this as a way to intro others into it for trails or recruit help om building my backyard course.

Three years ago I bought a stampede and a slash for my daughter and me. It has been a great intro into the rc world and now finally a home in scalers. I have or currently own every rig they have produced except the death missle snd dragster. I carry a 1/16 car in a backpack with me when I travel and a 1/16 stays in my work truck 24/7.

I get frustrated with creativity, but common platform has helped in parts and conversions.

Still, I will pick up one of these used, drop in slightly slower power plant, and use for guest truck. Take advantage of a good deal when a newbie makes a transition to a real scaler.

Last edited by AdventureIQ; 08-11-2013 at 07:40 AM.
AdventureIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #71
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I think many of us bashing Traxxas (myself included) have owned at least one Traxxas. It's just disappointing to watch a company with so much $$$ and potential putting out cookie cutter RC's year after year with nothing really exciting that speaks to us. That's very frustrating to watch.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
I think many of us bashing Traxxas (myself included) have owned at least one Traxxas. It's just disappointing to watch a company with so much $$$ and potential putting out cookie cutter RC's year after year with nothing really exciting that speaks to us. That's very frustrating to watch.
not attacking or saying yer wrong, but i find my slash4x plenty exciting.

what has axial really done lately that doesnt follow what traxxas does? eg. new body on an existing platform with subtle changes to the rest?

im not bashing axial, but comparing axial to traxxas is like comparing a nintendo to a playstation. they are the same, but for different audiences who want different things.

btw, traxxas tried something completely different with that funny car that never took off, which shows that they are willing to take risks and think outside the box. (or just give them a reason to sponsor a dragcar...)
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Finally a new truck from traxxas, I was getting bored with the same slash platform.:rolleyes: if I had a slash I would sell it so I could get this new truck.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2
motakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #74
Pebble Pounder

Bottom line is we are all going to buy it (be it a Traxxas, Axial, Tamiya, etc) depending on your loyalty or your needs or your budget. Just because it is all that is available or what you can afford. Then we are going to modify it or not. That is the nature of the hobby.

I own box stock and highly modified planes, helis, boats, cars and trucks. I have a 20 year old Blackfoot to the new Axial SCX10 Jeep. If I can find a good dependable RC that I can hand off to a newbie to try and get them hooked, so be it. But I will still do what I can to promote the hobby. This is a fun, relaxing and a very expensive hobby.

Last edited by Quiel; 08-11-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Quiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by motakitty View Post
Finally a new truck from traxxas, I was getting bored with the same slash platform.:rolleyes: if I had a slash I would sell it so I could get this new truck.

Or you could do research and see its not a slash .
Old 08-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #76
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
if a slash 4x4 rtr and a wraith rtr had a cage match fight to the death, you would have one dead wraith in a very short amount of time.
Where? On a track, on a trail, on the rocks?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
z50king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Ummm in a cage .
Old 08-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Or you could do research and see its not a slash .
You're right my bad it's completely different and a completely new platform. In the description on traxxas website it doesn't say it's a slash4x4 and I've been smoking crack all day too

motakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by motakitty View Post
You're right my bad it's completely different and a completely new platform. In the description on traxxas website it doesn't say it's a slash4x4 and I've been smoking crack all day too

It's based off of the slash 4 wheel drive . It's not a slash . 10.75 compared to 12.75 . The tubs not even the same . As you can see from the pics and wb differences by the specs . If you like crack , then that's you're thing . Who am I to judge . Don't buy one .
Old 08-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

ive owned plenty of traxxas vehicles and even some waaaay before the slash or tmaxx came out but its frustrating to see the "cookie cutter" stuff time after time or add a different body or a different chassis to the same stuff and call it new. will I continue to enjoy traxxas products as good old beat the snot out of it bash trucks or use them as loaner trucks...yes...will I yearn for traxxas to come out with something that is a crawler and actually is a crawler and not a short wheelbase 4x4 slash...yes....will I replace any of my race vehicles with a traxxas product and expect to win races...no. to each their own whan it comes to the traxxas stuff,i can totally see myself buying one of these new 4x4 crawler trucks for my son but he may grown bored with the fact that it wont go where my crawlers go. I think traxxas got drunk and fell on the easy button again instead of something brand new with straight axels...they have the money to make it happen and I think they would have no problem selling a ton of them if they would look at what the craling thing is...the king of the hammers stuff seems to be doing well...the wrait has that vibe,the twin hammers is almost spot on,and lots of us are building scratch built versions so it should be a no brainer.
DroopysGarage is offline   Reply With Quote

Traxxas....your so original.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
original rc10 slegh Non Crawler RC's 0 06-05-2013 09:13 AM
Original AX-10 Scorpion tyerfryersc Chit Chat 10 01-17-2012 01:00 PM
the original clodbuster honcho1.9 Chit Chat 4 12-30-2010 11:23 PM