Notices

Thread: the WTH thread is back!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2018, 07:11 PM   #1081
RCC Addict

Default Re: the WTH thread is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
So, this is hopefully the final cluttering of this thread with my ongoing Subaru drama. But, yesterday the car rolled the magic 36,000 miles and still hadn't heard from SOA (Subaru of America). Still hadn't gotten that email from them yet either. So I was stressing about it for sure.
Glad to see you get some degree of satisfaction/compensation!

I was going to say glad you got a happy ending, but knowing you that would've just lead into a massage parlor innuendo idiom...
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2018, 08:02 PM   #1082
Quarry Creeper

LMAO! I can't afford the happy ending. Too many hobbies taking up my money. Doubt they do that here anyway. Hell, for that matter, I don't even get massages anymore. Pretty sure my insurance covers that like once a month though. I need to start going back for that once the shoulder feels better. That shit felt great after a month (I only got 12 visits a year I think) of riding and running.
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:25 AM   #1083
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
look up "container industry".. there's only a few big players that control the market, but there are plants scattered all across the country. I briefly worked for a company that designs the machines that produce the corrugated containers ( don't call them cardboard boxes, those people are oddly offended by that ) It was absolutely mind blowing in whats involved in making a "simple" pizza box.
It was said more tounge-in-cheek.

Up here in the Northeast, most of the mills have closed due to Canadian competition or being bought up and closed down.

I used to work in the printing ink industry. The last company I worked for (Wikoff Color) had a big presence in the south due to the number of packaging manufacturing plants down there. Up here in the Northeast, there is a smattering of box makers, but it is mostly publication printing.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:23 AM   #1084

Quote:
So, this is hopefully the final cluttering of this thread with my ongoing Subaru drama. But, yesterday the car rolled the magic 36,000 miles and still hadn't heard from SOA (Subaru of America). Still hadn't gotten that email from them yet either. So I was stressing about it for sure.

But today, I came home and checked the mail and low and behold, this was in there. It's their Gold Plus extended warranty. Not only covers bumper to bumper for 7yrs/100,000mi, but also provides for free roadside assistance, rental car coverage, even something called trip interruption expense. Total cost to me $0.00. So not only are they willing to stand behind their own mistakes, but also trying to make up for incompetent independent dealers as well. It doesn't take away the stress of all of it, or give me back the time I have wrapped up in all of it. But, it does take a huge weight off my shoulders, and give me another 5+ years depending on mileage that I never have to worry about my car. In my opinion, especially in today's world, that's all you can ask for. Thanks for manning up and owning it Subaru.

Oddly enough, my passenger seat didn't make a single peep today either. So whatever it was either fell out, or it's so tired it had to take a break.
It's good when a company stands behind their products - especially car companies. That seems to be rare. I'm happy to hear this for you!

Still probably doesn't give you warm feelings about buying another Subaru, but at least you're taken care of for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
You should be happy about this, didn't you mention in another post here in chit-chat that the guys that are rolling coal with diesels are douchebags... maybe not in those exact words, but along those lines

There's plenty of legal ways to hop up engines with smog equipment, just have to be smarter than what you're working with.

The factory Mustangs and Dodges are turning 800hp with smog equipment, and are still street legal.
There's a difference between rolling coal and intentionally blowing smoke on somebody versus just wanting more performance out of an engine.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:54 PM   #1085
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
You should be happy about this, didn't you mention in another post here in chit-chat that the guys that are rolling coal with diesels are douchebags... maybe not in those exact words, but along those lines

There's plenty of legal ways to hop up engines with smog equipment, just have to be smarter than what you're working with.

The factory Mustangs and Dodges are turning 800hp with smog equipment, and are still street legal.
Pretty sure I'm the one, or one of the ones that said that, and I stand behind it 100%.

There are legitimate times/places when rolling coal is necessary. Anywhere in public is not one of them.

We got a Dodge dually diesel traded in to us years ago that was chipped/piped/tuned/etc/etc and would break the tires loose at near highway speeds. It was scary. It never once puked black smoke to make power.

99% of the time, rolling coal is the exact same thing as bolting a wing on the back of a 85hp skinny tired Civic. It's domestic ricery.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:14 PM   #1086
Quarry Creeper

It's burnt rice

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
motakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:58 AM   #1087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Pretty sure I'm the one, or one of the ones that said that, and I stand behind it 100%.

There are legitimate times/places when rolling coal is necessary. Anywhere in public is not one of them.

We got a Dodge dually diesel traded in to us years ago that was chipped/piped/tuned/etc/etc and would break the tires loose at near highway speeds. It was scary. It never once puked black smoke to make power.

99% of the time, rolling coal is the exact same thing as bolting a wing on the back of a 85hp skinny tired Civic. It's domestic ricery.
Let's not forget that rolling coal has absolutely nothing to do with performance. It's more of an anti- or teen angst movement. That's it. As you said, you can make tons of clean power.

The douche bags like the Diesel Brothers are only making it worse. I can't wait until their 15 minutes of fame is up.

This video of at least one of those jokers (sorry, I don't know who's all in that homoerotic clan) belongs in the WTH thread anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by motakitty View Post
It's burnt rice

That was funny!
Old 09-28-2018, 07:18 AM   #1088
RCC Addict

^^ The penultimate epitome of assholery.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #1089

Why do dipshits do this? It's not like they are ever going to get away with a free vehicle... Yes, because dipshits...

Old 09-28-2018, 10:52 AM   #1090
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Why do dipshits do this? It's not like they are ever going to get away with a free vehicle... Yes, because dipshits...

Not to mention, you get charged for every repossession attempt. A knucklehead I knew got his truck repo'd. The repo company had been after him for a few weeks. He thought he was being clever by parking the truck at his mother-in-law's house and evading the repo guys if he thought he was being followed. Well, they finally got him and towed his truck. He inquired about what he needed to do to get it back. He found out he had racked up $3k plus just in recovery fees! That wasn't even including the delinquent amount on the loan and yard storage. Needless to say, he didn't get his truck back.

On a side note... When he told this story, he lamented how he had a $2000 stereo in the truck. Okay... You put a $2k stereo in a truck you couldn't afford in the first place...
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:10 PM   #1091
Suck it up!

Quote:
Let's not forget that rolling coal has absolutely nothing to do with performance. It's more of an anti- or teen angst movement. That's it. As you said, you can make tons of clean power.
There are actual performance gains under the right conditions, but the soot is a secondary effect, not the intended goal.

I remember seeing a fake NOS system that was nothing more than a bottle of compressed CO2 connected to a nozzle under the hood or in the cowl. With the press of a button you could create a cloudy plume resembling a NOS system being vented. Rolling coal is exactly like that.

Here:

Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:20 AM   #1092

A 1997 Acura Integra Type R selling for $68,000!

Semi, almost, kinda cool car from the Fast and the Furious ricer era and it only has 2,000 original miles, but come on...

This 21-Year-Old Acura Integra Type R Just Sold for $63,800 at Barrett Jackson Las Vegas - The Drive

Old 10-02-2018, 09:28 AM   #1093
Rock Crawler

Not really a WTH. That's a car collectors dream.
Most were stolen, riced out or shredded.
4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:27 AM   #1094
~THE SCALE SHOP~

so this guy had a bad weekend. saw it on IG, found it on YT
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd4ws View Post
Not really a WTH. That's a car collectors dream.
Most were stolen, riced out or shredded.
Pffft! There are people that collect Yugos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
I saw that on FB or IG this morning as well. I'd like to know the backstory. Anytime a woman is destroying a car the claim is that it's supposedly because of cheating. Cheating, in the eyes of the law, doesn't make it acceptable for malicious destruction of property which is a felony. Hope her ass rots in prison for a while even if it's for a night and then a huge fine on top of having to pay to fix the Vette.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #1096
Quarry Creeper

Me thinks you're missing the point that it was a rare car back then, much more so now. It's light years above a farking Yugo. Would I pay that? Hell no, but doesn't change the facts.
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #1097

Quote:
Me thinks you're missing the point that it was a rare car back then, much more so now. It's light years above a farking Yugo. Would I pay that? Hell no, but doesn't change the facts.
No, I get it, but it's still insanity. It shows how stupid car collecting has become. I mean this car is basically a hopped up, disposable econobox. I was being a smart ass with the Yugo comment.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:13 AM   #1098
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I saw that on FB or IG this morning as well. I'd like to know the backstory. Anytime a woman is destroying a car the claim is that it's supposedly because of cheating. Cheating, in the eyes of the law, doesn't make it acceptable for malicious destruction of property which is a felony. Hope her ass rots in prison for a while even if it's for a night and then a huge fine on top of having to pay to fix the Vette.
If this is a husband and wife, joint property laws could make things complicated.

Depending on the state, that car may be legally considered her's as much as his. Not many laws prevent you from destroying your own stuff.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:14 AM   #1099

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
If this is a husband and wife, joint property laws could make things complicated.

Depending on the state, that car may be legally considered her's as much as his. Not many laws prevent you from destroying your own stuff.
True! Plot twist.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:28 AM   #1100
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
His mistake was getting married.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote

the WTH thread is back! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCW crawlers is back! New wheel thread BrazinScaleRC Vendors Tires and wheels 12 06-15-2017 08:08 PM
come back and rc drift thread cameraman Florida 3 05-04-2014 08:03 PM