Notices

Thread: Coronavirus - Covid-19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2020, 11:52 AM   #501
RCC Addict

Default Re: Coronavirus - Covid-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Sad to hear that your friend got the virus, but sounds like he is on his way to kicking the virus in the a$$!

I’ve been seeing in the news lately that a lot of police officers have been getting sick with it. I hate to hear and see this. Where would we be without our great police officers.

I hope he and his wife make a full recovery!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Brian.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2020, 06:20 PM   #502
Quarry Creeper

Someone wants to buy low

https://youtu.be/JNNu98pB-JM
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:40 PM   #503
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
Someone wants to buy low

https://youtu.be/JNNu98pB-JM
Well that's convenient..innit

Not fond of China's passive aggressive takeover scheme. And deeply disappointing our govts sell us out.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:17 AM   #504
I wanna be Dave

Not sure if any of you gamers have noticed this or not, but it is something I am seeing with my online games in the last week or two... It seems like the pay-to-play on line games, where you have to pay for new gear and such have nerfed the hell of of their games. Armament and weapons that were effective just a couple of days ago are getting ripped to shreds. The only two options are to fork out a lot of money to keep up, or stop playing. With as drastic as this is, it seems like these game companies are trying to take advantage of of the situation.

Nope, not ponying up more money to play the same games, I have a PSP and GBA that still work fine, time to kick it old school...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:21 AM   #505
Quarry Creeper

^^That sucks, and is shady AF. The sim racing community has taken the opposite approach, with a lot of companies opening up what would normally be paid DLC for free until this thing is over.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:42 AM   #506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Not sure if any of you gamers have noticed this or not, but it is something I am seeing with my online games in the last week or two... It seems like the pay-to-play on line games, where you have to pay for new gear and such have nerfed the hell of of their games. Armament and weapons that were effective just a couple of days ago are getting ripped to shreds. The only two options are to fork out a lot of money to keep up, or stop playing. With as drastic as this is, it seems like these game companies are trying to take advantage of of the situation.

Nope, not ponying up more money to play the same games, I have a PSP and GBA that still work fine, time to kick it old school...
That's a scumbag move.

I just want to know why this virus is a good excuse for politicians to free prisoners early. I mean do they really think somebody that was just caged up is going to go home and practice social distancing?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:49 AM   #507

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That's a scumbag move.

I just want to know why this virus is a good excuse for politicians to free prisoners early. I mean do they really think somebody that was just caged up is going to go home and practice social distancing?

This is a pretty decent article explaining the rationale. Ultimately, they’re following the science, trying to limit the spread of the virus.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/202...9-incarcerated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spraytruckdolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:04 AM   #508
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
And it's already playing out exactly as we thought it would.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/prison...aks-into-house
Old 04-12-2020, 11:34 AM   #509

What an asshole... It doesn’t change the big picture though. A lot of corrections workers are getting sick too, bringing it home to their families, etc. You’d think though, that someone with a criminal history like his would have kept him locked up until his normal release date. At which point he would likely have returned to being the shining example he was.

Old 04-12-2020, 11:47 AM   #510

Not everyone in prison is unredeemable:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...xt-11571490001

Old 04-12-2020, 12:40 PM   #511
I wanna be Dave

Isn't prison one of the places you'd go to ensure you have no contact with the outside world ? If they're getting the virus in jail it's only because some dumb **** brought it there. Let alone the fact that life in jail isn't supposed to be an enjoyable and rewarding experience...
Somebody didn't follow the guidelines and if you're feeling sick, stay the **** home.

Rewarding prisoners with release is a political stance. There's doctors and nurses coming into contact with people on an hourly basis that can't get away from exposure yet we're letting criminals go on the fact that they might catch it ?

The longer this goes on the more I'm learning it really isn't about a virus at all. Just listen to Cuomo himself, he's a babbling idiot. If he focused half as much energy into his city than he does bashing his president things might not be so bad for NYC. He's almost as bad as Seth Myers.
Just saying...
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 01:40 PM   #512
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Votes ...... Hey we did this for your protection now you do us a solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraytruckdolby View Post
This is a pretty decent article explaining the rationale. Ultimately, they’re following the science, trying to limit the spread of the virus.

Im not arguing any science but If I have to stay in a home to help kill this virus then why is a prison not the best place for these people to be? They are confined yes .... can the virus get outside the walls? Do they test negative then release them only to catch the virus on the street? You think a person whos been in confinement for minimum 6 months is gonna listen to a house quarantine just because he got released early?

Sorry but thats just head in the sand thinking ...... the best place is for them to be in there, locked up and ride it out. Just like 75% of the law abiding citizens are being told to do now.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 01:40 PM   #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
Isn't prison one of the places you'd go to ensure you have no contact with the outside world ? If they're getting the virus in jail it's only because some dumb **** brought it there. Let alone the fact that life in jail isn't supposed to be an enjoyable and rewarding experience...
Somebody didn't follow the guidelines and if you're feeling sick, stay the **** home.

Rewarding prisoners with release is a political stance. There's doctors and nurses coming into contact with people on an hourly basis that can't get away from exposure yet we're letting criminals go on the fact that they might catch it ?

The longer this goes on the more I'm learning it really isn't about a virus at all. Just listen to Cuomo himself, he's a babbling idiot. If he focused half as much energy into his city than he does bashing his president things might not be so bad for NYC. He's almost as bad as Seth Myers.
Just saying...

The virus is in the jails for the same reason it’s everywhere else- highly contagious and many of the infected are asymptomatic through the entire course of infection. It has zero to do people not following guidelines.

The idea of releasing prisoners that meet certain criteria is based on guidance from scientists, epidemiologists, etc., not by political whim.

I don’t know if you’ve been listening to President Trump’s briefings or not, but if you have, I’d suggest you also listen to Governor Baker’s of Massachusetts. You might find them of interest.

Old 04-12-2020, 01:42 PM   #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post

Im not arguing any science but If I have to stay in a home to help kill this virus then why is a prison not the best place for these people to be? They are confined yes .... can the virus get outside the walls? Do they test negative then release them only to catch the virus on the street? You think a person whos been in confinement for minimum 6 months is gonna listen to a house quarantine just because he got released early?

Sorry but thats just head in the sand thinking ...... the best place is for them to be in there, locked up and ride it out. Just like 75% of the law abiding citizens are being told to do now.

“I’m not arguing science...”

Then proceeds to argue science.

Old 04-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #515
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
“I’m not arguing science...”

Then proceeds to argue science.

I think you're missing my point ....

Im law abiding citizen trying to do the right thing. Im told to stay home, dont go anywhere, help stop the spread.

You're not law abiding citizen .... your told hey you're getting set free so you dont catch this virus all cooped up. BUT you have to stay in a house until the order is lifted .....

You've been in jail for 18 months lets say .. you gonna honestly tell me you're gonna stay in a house? After being set free? Im told unless I cant breath to stay home and ride it out if I catch it. Hes released early from prison so he 'might not' catch it.

They have a better chance of survival staying together then out roaming the streets. Ride it out, create the antibodies needed, build up the immune system to it. Hospitals are making Covid only wards ... but the prison system wants to set prisoners free? Its not politics?
Old 04-12-2020, 01:54 PM   #516
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The virus is in the jails for the same reason it’s everywhere else- highly contagious and many of the infected are asymptomatic through the entire course of infection. It has zero to do people not following guidelines.

The idea of releasing prisoners that meet certain criteria is based on guidance from scientists, epidemiologists, etc., not by political whim.

I don’t know if you’ve been listening to President Trump’s briefings or not, but if you have, I’d suggest you also listen to Governor Baker’s of Massachusetts. You might find them of interest.

I have to listen to Baked Baker... I live in Massachusetts.

Yes I agree the virus is highly contagious, we know that... Again prisoners aren't in society and coming in contact with the virus, it's being brought in by asymptomatic people who continue to work, right ?

Either way, I'm still not supportive of giving liberties to those who have been detained and had their freedom revoked based on a hypothesis.

While we're yanking each other's chains here... I'll just drop a link here to see what your big brother is up to.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/fire-ch...risis/32114749

Last edited by crunky; 04-12-2020 at 01:59 PM.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 02:59 PM   #517

Quote:

Vox is a far left leaning website. They're as trustworthy and unbiased as CNN and Alex Jones. I refuse to even click on that link.

Common sense should tell you releasing prisoners early is not good for the average, law-abiding citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
And it's already playing out exactly as we thought it would.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/prison...aks-into-house
Infuriating, but not shocking at all.

Quote:
Not everyone in prison is unredeemable:

[url]https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/three-prison-inmates-beat-harvard-in-a-debate-heres-what-happened-next-11571490001
Most are repeat offenders. Time and facts have proven that. There's no excuse to shorten their sentences. It's punishment.

Quote:

Just saying...
Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Exactly. It's political for sure.

There's also the outside chance they are avoiding a few inevitable lawsuits. Some POS criminal and their lowlife lawyer are going to sue the prison and the state when they catch the virus.

Quote:
While we're yanking each other's chains here... I'll just drop a link here to see what your big brother is up to.

WTF!!!
Old 04-12-2020, 03:09 PM   #518
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:

Ive been reading about this happening a lot in other states too. Im believing its so states dont do 2 things. Hoard the supplies and then soak the goverment back for reimbursements.

Here in my state the governors telling everyone not to worry about money, if they need it the state has it. Now my state has been crying poverty for the last 10 years, even to the fact saying we need tolls to meet budgets. But now they have money?

The states are gonna go after the feds for reimbursements. Even the stimulus bill says if they can show loss due to Covid they will be given the money. The states are seeing this as a cash cow for them, its nothing to do with our protection its pure profit for them. Our last press conference with our govenor he did say his lawyers are looking at the Feds to be sure they dont have to pay any of this money back.

All these supplies counties/states are ordering is panic hoarding. Same as the public with toilet paper. Even NY has said ya maybe we dont need all those ventilators .....

But if they got them then others cant get them. The states are handling it no better then the fear driven public. Plus we all know that 25$ gown becomes a 60$ gown once the bill gets written to the Feds for reimbursement.

The truth is starting to show through for a lot of these cash cow clowns running their goverments.
60million infected with H1N1 in 2009 and the world kept rolling. Its political and Corona was the virus that came along at the right time to make things happen.

Last edited by Robbob; 04-12-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:30 PM   #519

What's crazy is that come this time next year we probably won't even be talking much about COVID-19 because the vaccine or treatment should be fully developed by then.

Hopefully this also drives a Made in the USA movement, but that's wishful thinking. Already profits are more important than human lives in a lot of cases and next year it'll be back to profits before everything else by the bean counters.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:59 PM   #520
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
What's crazy is that come this time next year we probably won't even be talking much about COVID-19 because the vaccine or treatment should be fully developed by then.

Hopefully this also drives a Made in the USA movement, but that's wishful thinking. Already profits are more important than human lives in a lot of cases and next year it'll be back to profits before everything else by the bean counters.
More like 18-24mos is what I'm seeing, and that's fast-tracking it. BUT, by then, most of us will have herd immunity as we will have been exposed to it and have developed antigens/antibodies for this strain of Coronavirus.

I could not agree more with bringing jobs back to the US. If your TV costs more then you save up for it like our parents and grandparents did.

Last edited by hpiguy; 04-12-2020 at 04:06 PM.