Notices

Thread: BEST Trump video EVER

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: BEST Trump video EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post

First, a HUGE part of the problem in this country is that the Republicans REFUSE to work with the Democrats, and the Democrats REFUSE to work with the Republicans.
The conspiracy theorist in me has to disagree with this statement. I think they are working very well with each other behind closed doors, and outwardly keeping both sides in opposition as a distraction to the American people from what they actually doing.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2020, 11:51 AM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
The conspiracy theorist in me has to disagree with this statement. I think they are working very well with each other behind closed doors, and outwardly keeping both sides in opposition as a distraction to the American people from what they actually doing.
Agreed, this is the game they play. Watch the establishment folks closely, along with all the DC insiders we don't vote for.

DC is a huge incestuous family, especially the insiders no one really knows about or votes for. It's a sick place made nastier by the bureaucracy it is.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:00 PM   #63
Gold Star Baby!

IMO the money in politics is one of the biggest issues at hand with our government. Until there’s a strict limit or abolition of lobbying and corporate involvement in politics it’s going to continue to get worse. At what point is it no longer a government for the people, of the people, and by the people and more of a government for the dollar, of the dollar, and by the dollar. Capitalism is fine for a free market , but it’s not a way to govern a country.

With that, I’ll drop this little snippet here about inverted totalitarianism.

Quote:
Every natural resource and living being is commodified and exploited by large corporations to the point of collapse as excess consumerism and sensationalism lull and manipulate the citizenry into surrendering their liberties and their participation in government.[6][7]
These party lines and team “wins” are all a distraction while the core concept and soul of this country are sold out to the highest bidder behind the scenes.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:49 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
These party lines and team “wins” are all a distraction while the core concept and soul of this country are sold out to the highest bidder behind the scenes.
This is why no elected officials ever enact term limits or abolishing Pensions for ANY Politician. Have to keep the status quo..... That’s why Trump is intriguing.... has always had a NY middle finger reaction, not all that bad most of the time, And that scares the lifers like Hillary and uncle Joe.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:56 PM   #65
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
This is why no elected officials ever enact term limits or abolishing Pensions for ANY Politician. Have to keep the status quo..... That’s why Trump is intriguing.... has always had a NY middle finger reaction, not all that bad most of the time, And that scares the lifers like Hillary and uncle Joe.

Hang up and Drive
Completely agree. Term limits would be huge.

I wish Trump would do something about it, but it seems he’s more focused on gaming those positions and authorities to best benefit his personal and business interests instead.

Make no mistake, I don’t think Biden will do it either. But I don’t see Trump as a savior from the status quo, although he has exposed it, he is taking advantage of it rather than dismantling. The latter is certainly easier said than done.

My biggest issues with Trump aren’t so much based on policy, while I do disagree with a lot of his policies I can appreciate the benefit of conservative policies vs liberal policies and vice versa. However, I see Trump as a threat to our democracy and his blatant and obvious attacks on the voting establishment as well as the seeds of discord he’s planting with his base should he lose really worries me.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:34 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Hang up and Drive
I say give them the military plan. No matter the office, they can only hold office for 20 years. If they get voted out before that, they get a hardy handshake and shown the door. If they are able to serve 20 years they get half pay and Tricare.

Quote:

I wish Trump would do something about it, but it seems he’s more focused on gaming those positions and authorities to best benefit his personal and business interests instead.

Make no mistake, I don’t think Biden will do it either. But I don’t see Trump as a savior from the status quo, although he has exposed it, he is taking advantage of it rather than dismantling. The latter is certainly easier said than done.

My biggest issues with Trump aren’t so much based on policy, while I do disagree with a lot of his policies I can appreciate the benefit of conservative policies vs liberal policies and vice versa. However, I see Trump as a threat to our democracy and his blatant and obvious attacks on the voting establishment as well as the seeds of discord he’s planting with his base should he lose really worries me.
Seeing the whole thing as one epic sh!t-show, especially when he starts tweeting, I am hard pressed to disagree with what you have said.

We can debate mail-in vs in-person voting, and ID vs no ID voting for days. Honestly, as long as we can validate that the person voting in a particular election has a right to, I am good with it. But, I also think the only people who should be able to mail in votes are deployed military, but I might be biased here... With that, Trump REALLY made my eye twitch when he talked about delaying the election for COVID. Of course, he can't, I believe it takes an act of congress. At no time in our history has the election been delayed, not through wars, depressions, or even through other pandemics. So I see no reason why it should be delayed now. When it is time, it is time, let the chips fall where they may.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:04 PM   #67
Gold Star Baby!

This may be the cynic in me but I think he’s just saying that as part of his efforts to invalidate an eventual loss. He’s doing this multiple ways

1. Using Covid as an excuse to propose a delayed election, knowing darn well it’s not something he can do, but now he’s planted the seed of “should this election happen” in some minds
2. His deliberate attacks on the USPS. This dates back some months, but the worse shape the USPS is in the more likely it is that not all mail in ballots will be counted.
3. When interviewed recently he was asked if he would accept the results of the election. He won’t answer with a straight answer. He’s said “we’ll see”. That’s insane on its own face value, but the message he’s communicating by answering that way is even scarier. He’s basically making it seem like accepting the results of the election is optional, if it comes out to his liking. This of course makes his base think the same way.

I’m sure there are other things I’m not thinking of but seeing a sitting president attack an election, and not just an opponent, really makes my stomach turn.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:14 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
This may be the cynic in me but I think he’s just saying that as part of his efforts to invalidate an eventual loss. He’s doing this multiple ways

1. Using Covid as an excuse to propose a delayed election, knowing darn well it’s not something he can do, but now he’s planted the seed of “should this election happen” in some minds
2. His deliberate attacks on the USPS. This dates back some months, but the worse shape the USPS is in the more likely it is that not all mail in ballots will be counted.
3. When interviewed recently he was asked if he would accept the results of the election. He won’t answer with a straight answer. He’s said “we’ll see”. That’s insane on its own face value, but the message he’s communicating by answering that way is even scarier. He’s basically making it seem like accepting the results of the election is optional, if it comes out to his liking. This of course makes his base think the same way.

I’m sure there are other things I’m not thinking of but seeing a sitting president attack an election, and not just an opponent, really makes my stomach turn.
This is the sort of stuff that should scare the hell out all the "flag-waving, Constitution loving patriots", but they just shrug it off as trump being trump. If Barack Obama had said or done any of this "the Turtle" and every other conservative would be screaming for the military to forcibly remove him.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:31 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Mail-In voting is a terrible idea. I and several people I know have gotten ballots from states that we no longer reside. Sure, I tossed mine in the trash, but I doubt everyone else does the same. I think him talking about delaying the election was more of a way to try to push against that. He knows it can not be done. His attacks on the Postal Service are founded. USPS is a problem. It has been losing money for years. As a business man he is against losing money. Plus we've already seen how the .gov (looking at you FBI) have been used against him so he has reason to distrust them.

In person voting is the only way it should be done with exception of people who have a legit reason for absentee voting...And while we're talking about voting, how anyone can be against voter ID requirements just boggles my mind.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:50 PM   #70
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Mail-In voting is a terrible idea. I and several people I know have gotten ballots from states that we no longer reside. Sure, I tossed mine in the trash, but I doubt everyone else does the same.
You’re assuming there’s a lot of criminals out there to think this is a big enough issue to not allow it. Voting twice is a crime and is something that gets punished seemingly regularly.

Quote:
His attacks on the Postal Service are founded. USPS is a problem. It has been losing money for years.
But why is it losing money? There’s one specific reason I’m looking for here.

And voter ID, I’ll have to find the source but I read a good argument about it. It wasn’t so much the ID itself but what it takes for certain groups of people to get access to. In theory it’s a way to protect voter fraud but empirically it’s a way to keep certain groups of people from voting.

This does a decent job of touching on it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...972_story.html
Old 08-10-2020, 04:11 PM   #71
RCC Addict

One general reason: It's ran by the gov. The amount of ignorance that the gov injects into everything is ridiculous.

The requirements to get a "Real ID" are overkill for many uses and open up more issues. I had hell getting one here, even though I had a social security card, VA ID card, DD-214, Federal ID, and a State issued driver's license on me, I could not get it because I did not have my birth certificate. Had to order one. There should be a lower level of ID available that would suffice for voting or other general ID uses. And the old argument of calling it Poll Tax, fuggit...make it free. Put someone in a van and make it mobile.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:32 PM   #72
Gold Star Baby!

I had a hard time too. Apparently the birth certificate you get from the hospital and signed by the doctors that brought you into this world is just a souvenir. Had to order one to get mailed from Colorado which took quite a bit, I actually ended up having my mom go and pick up a copy and send it to me in order to get an ID in time to register my car out here.

Long story short though there’s a lot that needs to be fixed with voting, and gerrymandering while we’re at it, but a few months before an election isn’t the time to rewrite those policies.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:34 PM   #73
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
Enough said already
Way to only read the headline..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
For real. We all know they work day in, day out, making decisions without issue. But those topics they decide to publicly bicker about...they get all the attention.

Quote:

You mean like the suggestion that he won’t leave the White House when he loses? The Dems are pushing that one. Or the constant twisting of damn near everything he says? Yes, he says some dumb stuff, but even when he doesn’t, it gets twisted so much it’s barely recognizable. For every one dumb thing the president says, the Democrats have at least two. That’s what really bothers me, is the finger pointing at one side while the other team does the same damn thing. Or worse.

I definitely know it was moronic of him to even suggest delaying the election, but it wasn’t without concern. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, NJ had a big problem with just a local election where 4 Dems were arrested for voter fraud. And NY was waiting 6 weeks(hell, they still may be) for two Congressional primaries because of the influx of ballots. Now, those two cases don’t mean every state will have problems, but I believe most aren’t set up to handle all mail in ballots...
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:55 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

Quote:
.... As a business man he is against losing money ...
https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...t-loser-of-all
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:15 AM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:
That article is talking about the early-mid 1990s and is using his old tax returns for reference.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:29 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Well we don't have his current tax returns, sooooooo.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:29 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That article is talking about the early-mid 1990s and is using his old tax returns for reference.
So what?? He is a disaster as a business man
https://medium.com/swlh/the-truth-ab...s-b7892896fa72
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:37 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So what?? He is a disaster as a business man
https://medium.com/swlh/the-truth-ab...s-b7892896fa72

Right... But then you don’t understand capitalism, an astute business plan doesn’t make any corporate profits, You need to understand write offs and tax laws. If he’s such a “disaster “ Explain how he’s still in business, and not hurting for $$

Now go post up some facts from Bernie the millionaire!

Hang up and Drive
Old 08-11-2020, 01:32 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Right... But then you don’t understand capitalism, an astute business plan doesn’t make any corporate profits, You need to understand write offs and tax laws. If he’s such a “disaster “ Explain how he’s still in business, and not hurting for $$

Now go post up some facts from Bernie the millionaire!

Hang up and Drive

And you don't understand taxes, or capitalism. Your statement only makes sense if all you're worried about is not paying taxes. For example, Amazon has paid very little in taxes in the past, but has been and will likely be profitable moving forward, even with their carry-forward losses. I don't think Bezos is shutting down the site because they ran out of losses. Take a look at Amazon's 10K and remind me if Amazon has an 'astute' business plan.

http://d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfront.net...618abf82d6.pdf

In other news, he was out of business 6 times (that we know of)! We actually know very little about his businesses and wealth because 1) he didn't release his taxes, and 2) his financial disclosures when he was elected were extremely vague (I read them). We know he didn't divest from his interests appropriately (as he promised to do), and that there are likely serious ethics violations in the way that he and his family have conducted business while being in public office. What has leaked, or been released has shown a guy that's comfortable taking on a lot of debt to maintain appearances, which doesn't make me comfortable in his leadership.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:44 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

You just don’t get it, an individual can make boatloads of money and pay no corporate taxes. It’s Basic business and you are totally clueless. I made great $$$$ in my business, and paid zero CORPORATE TAXES. If you make enough to play against losses, it is also a great tool ( many RealEstate Developers do this routinely)
Oh that might include Trump.

Your Bias has long ago been seen and noted, now your business sense has.

Hang up and Drive

BEST Trump video EVER - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump speech wings_of_fire Chit Chat 3 08-23-2017 06:17 PM
The Trump SCORE Creepy Inc. Axial Yeti 13 05-09-2016 11:26 AM
Trump 2016? RANOVRU Chit Chat 108 07-31-2015 08:48 PM
seriously about Trump tom@vp Chit Chat 27 04-02-2011 03:32 AM
Trump in Vegas? FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 5 07-14-2005 07:42 AM