Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #901
Rock Crawler

thanks Hurley, i will do all that you reccommend me !!
first i have to re- solder the capacitor!
guidetti_angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #902
20K Club

Hey guys, the free RX deal is going on again until the end of July. Buy the 4PK from any elidgable dealer and get a second RX (3 channel version) for free. Remember with the new recommended programming you only use 3 channels on a 2.2 MOA rig

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../futk4900.html
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #903
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Hey guys, the free RX deal is going on again until the end of July. Buy the 4PK from any elidgable dealer and get a second RX (3 channel version) for free. Remember with the new recommended programming you only use 3 channels on a 2.2 MOA rig

Damn, bought mine too early!
jeeper_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #904
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper_05 View Post
Damn, bought mine too early!
Same....I just also bought another 3channel.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:31 PM   #905
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidetti_angelo View Post
yesterday i tested for firt time my berg and i noticed that sometimes front and rear don't go with the same speed
Quote:
Getting a Berg perfectly setup is some what of an art.
  • Check to make sure that you do not have a reverse delay programmed in your ESC's. This sounds like it could cause your "1 second" delay.
  • You need to make sure that your gear mesh front and rear are set well. If there is any binding in either axle it can amplify the stall effect.
  • You also need to make sure that all of your electronics are soldered well. Bad connections do not flow current as well and will again cause stall.
  • Program the throttle position on both ESC's at the same time as well.
  • Make sure the timing on both motors is set to zero (mark on end bell and can aligned).

The wheels will most likely move at slightly different speeds if you have the car off the ground but this won't be noticable when driving as long as everything else is set as described. Everything else is going to be in the setup of the car not in the programming of the radio. I would suggest reading on the topic in the berg section for further info. Anything else in regards to the radio just ask here
One thing I noticed is when you turn the esc's on, with the radio, you need to turn both of them on at the same time. If you turn one on before the other, you may get them running at different speeds.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #906

From my experience, you will almost always have one axle spinning faster than the other. This is due to many factors, such as:
  1. ESCs from different production runs
  2. Motors that aren't in the best shape and/or quality
  3. Axle machining tolerances
Very early on I fought the issue you guys are having with motors that spin at different speeds. The first issue I had was that I was using one new FXR and one FXR that was about a year older. I went through all of the calibration procedures (one at a time, two at a time) with no luck. The radio was setup properly and the ESCs were setup identical. I found, only after connecting the motor output from each ESC to an Oscilloscope that the ESCs were outputting different voltages at 100% throttle which explained why the motors were spinning at different speeds. Swapping out the ESCs for two brand new ones and changing nothing else cured that problem.

I still have issues with the axles spinning at different speeds, this time it seems that it is the motors. I know it is the motors because if I swap the front from the rear, the lowest speed motor is constant. No matter what kind of motors you have, you will always be fighting different speeds to some degree or another. I will tell you this, if you can't get them to be the same, put the faster motor in the rear.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #907
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Harley! Thanks for posting this up, m'man!! I was literally half way through the checkout process at Tower when I decided to check this thread for something about receiver compatibility. I was able to go back in, change the item number on the radio and got a free RX. Saved me $80 or so by cutting one of the RX's off my order.

It'll be here this week. I have four trucks to setup, including a Super. I have all your phone numbers and plan on using all of them...

I kid! This thread should give me everything I need to get up and running. Thanks, m'man!!
blue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #908
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue10 View Post
Harley! Thanks for posting this up, m'man!! I was literally half way through the checkout process at Tower when I decided to check this thread for something about receiver compatibility. I was able to go back in, change the item number on the radio and got a free RX. Saved me $80 or so by cutting one of the RX's off my order.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #909

thanks for heads up..
I call tower and told customer service i bought a 4pk two weeks ago and did not receive 2nd rx. customer service rep said it was a different part# to get that special offer but they would honor the special anyways
jackal20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #910
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal20 View Post
thanks for heads up..
I call tower and told customer service i bought a 4pk two weeks ago and did not receive 2nd rx. customer service rep said it was a different part# to get that special offer but they would honor the special anyways
That goes for me too.
Called Tower today and they are honoring the deal.
Thanks for the heads up guys.
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #911
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
That goes for me too.
Called Tower today and they are honoring the deal.
Thanks for the heads up guys.
I called them today too, and they (Futaba/Great Planes/Tower) wont honor it.....sucks!!! I ordered through RPP, but does it really matter? It is still the same 4pk Tower sells...

Last edited by jeeper_05; 07-28-2010 at 11:56 PM.
jeeper_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:25 AM   #912
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
From my experience, you will almost always have one axle spinning faster than the other. This is due to many factors, such as:
  1. ESCs from different production runs
  2. Motors that aren't in the best shape and/or quality
  3. Axle machining tolerances
Very early on I fought the issue you guys are having with motors that spin at different speeds. The first issue I had was that I was using one new FXR and one FXR that was about a year older. I went through all of the calibration procedures (one at a time, two at a time) with no luck. The radio was setup properly and the ESCs were setup identical. I found, only after connecting the motor output from each ESC to an Oscilloscope that the ESCs were outputting different voltages at 100% throttle which explained why the motors were spinning at different speeds. Swapping out the ESCs for two brand new ones and changing nothing else cured that problem.

I still have issues with the axles spinning at different speeds, this time it seems that it is the motors. I know it is the motors because if I swap the front from the rear, the lowest speed motor is constant. No matter what kind of motors you have, you will always be fighting different speeds to some degree or another. I will tell you this, if you can't get them to be the same, put the faster motor in the rear.
i have rear motor that starts earlier then front one, i suppose for much weight that the front axle has with servo, weight wheels, i put 140 gramms for each vp wheel.how can i tune?
i noticed that also on lifted tires rear end starts earlier..
thankssss
Old 07-31-2010, 10:57 AM   #913
20K Club

Quote:
i have rear motor that starts earlier then front one, i suppose for much weight that the front axle has with servo, weight wheels, i put 140 gramms for each vp wheel.how can i tune?
i noticed that also on lifted tires rear end starts earlier..
thankssss
These are just things that will happen when the wheels are off the ground. It's not something that will be noticed when you are driving. As long as you have everything setup and calibrated like outlined in this thread the car will drive well.

Remember you can dial the mix percentages in to make it feel how you like as well.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:07 PM   #914
Rock Crawler

Quote:
These are just things that will happen when the wheels are off the ground. It's not something that will be noticed when you are driving. As long as you have everything setup and calibrated like outlined in this thread the car will drive well.

Remember you can dial the mix percentages in to make it feel how you like as well.
good
i modify epa for second and third channel, second ( front ) at 110 % and third ( rear) at 95 % and pmx2 at 95 %..
i try this set up in my parquet and i noticed a good change, tomorrow i will try it..
what do you think about..
Old 07-31-2010, 03:49 PM   #915
20K Club

Quote:
good
i modify epa for second and third channel, second ( front ) at 110 % and third ( rear) at 95 % and pmx2 at 95 %..
i try this set up in my parquet and i noticed a good change, tomorrow i will try it..
what do you think about..
Do not adjust the end points. Leave the setup as detailed in this thread. To get all the proper functions of the mixing you need to have the setup as I have shown.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:00 PM   #916
Quarry Creeper

Well, my radio arrived this week on Wednesday. Using the details in this thread, I set up the 2.2 for use with Punk switch, set up my Super with dual ESC's and rear steer and was on the rocks this morning. I set up the Slash this afternoon in about 30 seconds and will be at the track tonight and will be able to set up the 1.9 in 30 seconds also when time permits.

Thanks Harley, nice work on the tutorials, I didn't have to use any of your phone numbers...
blue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:02 AM   #917
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Do not adjust the end points. Leave the setup as detailed in this thread. To get all the proper functions of the mixing you need to have the setup as I have shown.
so you said me to leave set up as shown and to dial mix while i.m running?
Old 08-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #918
20K Club

Quote:
so you said me to leave set up as shown and to dial mix while i.m running?
I was saying to leave the setup as I have detailed. Do not make the changes to the EPA's and such as you have done.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:22 AM   #919
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I was saying to leave the setup as I have detailed. Do not make the changes to the EPA's and such as you have done.
yesterday i set as you have shown and i mixed front and rear as you suggest and the truck now run very very goodno more problems of start delay of front end!
thanksss
Old 08-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #920
I wanna be Dave

Just thought I'd share with with ya.
I got my 3PK up and running with Dual ESC's this weekend, It works PERFECT! I set it up exactly as you had suggested and everything works just the same as the 4PK. I'm glad the 3PK was able to do this. I've had the radio for over a year and would hate to get rid of it!
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM