Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak M2 Dig ESC Combo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #561
Rock Stacker

Has anyone attempted to set this ESC up on a basic 3PM radio? I am using the radio for Vanquish 3-pos dig and wondering if it'll handle the M2 using the same SW2\Cond2 configuration. I couldn't find any information other than the 3PM-X.
P3NGU1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #562
RCC Addict

i just mean a firmware update or something(for the m2)
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #563
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezul View Post
i just mean a firmware update or something(for the m2)
The M2 is fine, it's the way the DX3R works and I doubt you'll get a firmware update for that.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #564
RCC Addict

That's funny they demo'd it with a dx3r
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #565
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad30w View Post
That's funny they demo'd it with a dx3r
It's kind of like when you don't want to use full dig you can use the propo to get partial dig.

I just set up my radio with AUX linear on switch A and 3pos on switch C. I'll try it on the rocks.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #566
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroader81 View Post
hy. I have xr10, runing on 2s lipo, and futaba t3pk transmitter. I would only like to have lock on rear axle (dig), and my servo conected directly into reciver ( without bec). So I am asking you is novak m2 dig esc good for what I want to drive? Must apolagize, but I am from europa, and have problem with writing in english Hope you understand. Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!

You should be good, What servo ? it seems there is only an issue when you have a high volt servo.
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #567
Rock Crawler

Is it glitching from the frequency of the spectrum rx and the Esc ? It doesn't make sense that when the CC Bec is hooked directly up to the battery and servo that it would have any affect on the esc. The only common piece between the 2 is the signal wire.
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #568
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Not a real problem but if you wanted to use the speedo to overdrive the front think again with this radio.
You can set your neutral point to be off center if you want.

Set sub trim to 0
One touch program
Adjust sub trim to allow for the amount of overdrive/underdrive you want.

Should work well, havent set mine up yet but I dont see why it wouldnt work. You will probably have to adjust your end points so it doesnt go back into 4wd past full dig but I dont see that being an issue.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #569
Pebble Pounder

Default Giving Up On Novak M2

I gave up on my Novak M2. I'm running Spektrum DX3R & 3 cell lipo & Hi-Tec High Voltage 7980TH Servo, 14 pinion front, 13 pinion rear, Novak 55s.
Burned up 2 Castle Creations BECs. This was wired by CKRC. They contacted Novak about the situation and were unable to effect a solution. CKRC has stopped selling the Novak M2 until compatability with DX3R & CC BEC is resolved. After waiting months for the M2 and watching the demo video using the DX3R, very disappointed. I like using the servo at high voltage. I went back to a single Tekin FX-R and Punk DIG. I am using the E switch as 3 position - forward = front DIG, middle = 4WD, rear = rear DIG. I am using the
F switch as 2 position - 4WD or Front DIG.
pinckbrown
pinckbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #570
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinckbrown View Post
I gave up on my Novak M2. I'm running Spektrum DX3R & 3 cell lipo & Hi-Tec High Voltage 7980TH Servo, 14 pinion front, 13 pinion rear, Novak 55s.
Burned up 2 Castle Creations BECs. This was wired by CKRC. They contacted Novak about the situation and were unable to effect a solution. CKRC has stopped selling the Novak M2 until compatability with DX3R & CC BEC is resolved. After waiting months for the M2 and watching the demo video using the DX3R, very disappointed. I like using the servo at high voltage. I went back to a single Tekin FX-R and Punk DIG. I am using the E switch as 3 position - forward = front DIG, middle = 4WD, rear = rear DIG. I am using the
F switch as 2 position - 4WD or Front DIG.
pinckbrown
How did CKRC wired it ? Did they wire the BEC straight to the servo only ?
Lowe's48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #571
Quarry Creeper

Is it posible to run the servo straight to the batt ? If you have a 2s 400mah....it'll be light enough so the weight wont be an issue !
Will that work ? Anyone know how to hook it up ?
Old 11-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #572
Rock Crawler

Hi guys,

Sorry for my lack of posting, but I have posted my email several times. csuangka@teamnovak.com

I've spoken with Novak Engineering and it looks like they've resolved this CCBEC issue. A 1.3 version update to the firmware is currently available on the Novak site, and "should" work with the NovaLink for the updating purposes. I'll sit down with my PC and a few ESC's that my test group has been running this week and let you guys know as soon as I see improvement.

I have not burned up any BEC's doing these installs. I have not had "glitching" of any sort beyond the BEC being turned off "momentarily" when throttle is first applied. Very strange to read about some of these issues for sure.

Will try to have all this stuff posted up Monday. Our shop truck exhibits some of what you've been reading here, but really, we see no ill effect from the operation of the truck. Others i've worked with do get the servo "on/off" for a brief moment, and we've found the Dig won't stay engaged at Full Throttle.

The fix there was easy, simply increase the Aux EPA by 5-10 points and the problem went away immediately.

I'm hoping that the firmware update resolves these issues.

See you guys right here Monday Afternoon!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #573
Rock Crawler

anybody know how to get more propo steps from the dx3r linear set up?...two clicks and i get full lock on front and rear axle....saw it work in the novak demo video with the same set-up i'm running.....dig power settings maybe?
Bc Paints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #574
Rock Crawler

I couldn't find any way to do it, but I don't think the problem is with the DX3R, the steps are pretty small. I think it is how the M2 interprets the input. I am experiencing the same thing you are. Hopefully the firmware update will address this issue as well as the compatibility with the ccbec. I would really like to get all the power out of my 7950.

Hopefully somebody already has the novalink and can test it out on Monday when they get the firmware update posted on their site.
I have to order one
chevellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #575
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrocks View Post
anybody know how to get more propo steps from the dx3r linear set up?...two clicks and i get full lock on front and rear axle....saw it work in the novak demo video with the same set-up i'm running.....dig power settings maybe?
Try going in to "Travel adjustment" then to "Aux"
Adjust "travel" to 75% ,then go to "Monitor" mode you should see this when you dig to front and rear >

-1023------0------1023+

Each click on the "Linear" will be about "50",so you should have about 4-5 clicks each plus and minus side to work with!
To my application,that work fine for me but if thats still not enough for you you can try to go as low as 60-65%
Hope that helps.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #576
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrocks View Post
I set switch A to Aux Linear and it works just like the other trims. The trim steps are set to 1 for steering and throttle.

I now have C=3 pos, A=Linear, D=2 pos and E=throttle trim.

Seems like once I put in the Common Sense RC BEC everything works, now I need to test it all in a comp but it's winter (almost) here in the midwest and we only have indoor comps.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #577
RCC Addict

I have the novalink and really want to check out the update asap. Can we expect the novalink m2 software Mon?

Last edited by Deezul; 11-21-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #578
RCC Addict

just tried after a few tries to get it to connect i updated it.........i really really want the m2 software!

Last edited by Deezul; 11-21-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #579
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by arecee View Post
i set switch a to aux linear and it works just like the other trims. The trim steps are set to 1 for steering and throttle.

I now have c=3 pos, a=linear, d=2 pos and e=throttle trim.

Seems like once i put in the common sense rc bec everything works, now i need to test it all in a comp but it's winter (almost) here in the midwest and we only have indoor comps.
what are you running for servo ?
Old 11-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #580
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe's48 View Post
what are you running for servo ?
Hobbico CS-170 which I think is the same as either a Hitec 5955 or 7955.