Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak M2 Dig ESC Combo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #481
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
My fan comes on as soon as I power the ESC up, I thought this was normal and that it was not connected to a thermistor...

What is correct? Should the fan come on when you power it on, or should it come on only when it gets too hot?
You are right! The fan will and should come on and stay on as soon as you power up
Sorry my bad(didn't plug the fan in right )
Lowe's48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #482
I wanna be Dave

A guy I met the other day was having the same issues as some of you are having. The thing had a mind of its own. It had the CC BEC wired into the rx like castle recommends. He rewired it so the bec went straight to the servo and the internal BEC of the M2 powered the receiver and it solved the problem.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #483
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe's48 View Post
Kasper Try thisbefore you kill the BEC....I did !

We sat down with his M2, Castle BEC and tried to pinpoint this "glitch" of sorts.

Found that nothing really stops it 100%, but we can minimize it so it's barely noticed.

WIre up the BEC so Red Black go into the RX. REmove the orange wire to prevent any sort of goofy signal mix ups.

Then, connect the M2 normally. You'll have to have the ESC turned on at all times for normal operation. If the Lights are on, but the switch of the ESC is off, the ESC won't run correctly. Just leave it on all the time.

This pretty much eleviates the problem unless you're at super steering bind and try to just barely 'creep' into the trigger.

Thanks Jakes Performance Hobbies for letting me get this posted today!!
I will give this a try once I get another CCbec, I burned one up having it wired directly to the servo with only the signal wire from the servo going to the rx. It never worked properly this way, I had delayed and random steering. When you say red and black wires, I am assuming you mean red and brown? Also I am wary about leaving the power wires from the esc and the ccbec all going to the rx, but hey if it works, it works.

I now am using the internal bec, and it works fine. I have been checking the temps by tapping the one touch button. When using the ccbec, I was only getting the blue led to blink 4 times, then the esc would return to neutral. Now that I am using the internal bec, I get two different readings. The green or yellow led will blink four times, indicating a warmer tempurature, then the blue led will blink four times and the esc will return to neutral. I am thinking that the esc is giving me the temp of the internal bec, then the temp of the esc? There is nothing in the directions about the duel readings. Anybody know? If I check it as soon as I power on after it has been sitting, I only get the 4 blue blinks.
chevellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #484
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
A guy I met the other day was having the same issues as some of you are having. The thing had a mind of its own. It had the CC BEC wired into the rx like castle recommends. He rewired it so the bec went straight to the servo and the internal BEC of the M2 powered the receiver and it solved the problem.
Lucky guy!

I burned up a ccbec with this setup.
chevellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #485
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
Would you be able to get the full options out of this esc with a Dx3e?
It should work if you have any type of trim knob for the 3rd ch. Use your rear switch as normal for the dig and use the trim to adjust bias on the fly.
Frank Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #486
RCC Addict

any was to make the f/r proportion steps smaller on a dx3r?
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #487
RCC Addict

Nope......let me guess the proportional part is like four steps then nothing????Fought htis all night on setting one up for cd13 I think theres something screwy with the esc on the one i was working on
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #488
Quarry Creeper

Here's a vid of the test on the M2 today.I'm running the BEC on the ESC for now(killed the cc/bec) It works ok if you are not in a bind ! So if you gonna comp...you gonna need one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BH7WkYfcrI
Old 11-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #489
RCC Addict

So that's how they're aupposed to work you musta got a lucky one
Old 11-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #490
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Kasper Try thisbefore you kill the BEC....I did !

We sat down with his M2, Castle BEC and tried to pinpoint this "glitch" of sorts.

Found that nothing really stops it 100%, but we can minimize it so it's barely noticed.

WIre up the BEC so Red Black go into the RX. REmove the orange wire to prevent any sort of goofy signal mix ups.

Then, connect the M2 normally. You'll have to have the ESC turned on at all times for normal operation. If the Lights are on, but the switch of the ESC is off, the ESC won't run correctly. Just leave it on all the time.

This pretty much eleviates the problem unless you're at super steering bind and try to just barely 'creep' into the trigger.

Thanks Jakes Performance Hobbies for letting me get this posted today!!

Kaspers is connected that way, the only thing I forgot to try was to run it with the motors unpluged to see if it does the same thing. You can watch the power light on the receiver go from green to red every time it acts up.
Stinkyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #491
Holmes Hobbies

I guess I'm a lucky one,My bec made it thru the day but never got the esc to slow either motor.My tekin and punk dig worked better.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #492
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD13 View Post
I guess I'm a lucky one,My bec made it thru the day but never got the esc to slow either motor.My tekin and punk dig worked better.
If you get it figuered out....its way better than punk! IMHO
Old 11-14-2010, 09:27 PM   #493
Holmes Hobbies

I'm doing better then that,Futaba 4PK and 2 esc's. I want to control both esc's at the same time and I want 7 volts to my servo,My mistake.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:56 PM   #494
RCC Addict

Quote:
If you get it figuered out....its way better than punk! IMHO

Or if you just got one that worked.....lol
Old 11-15-2010, 06:15 AM   #495
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad30w View Post
Nope......let me guess the proportional part is like four steps then nothing????Fought htis all night on setting one up for cd13 I think theres something screwy with the esc on the one i was working on
Yea it's like 2 steps forward off. Two steps back off. Novak ca you chime in? Firmware update maybe?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #496
Quarry Creeper

that sucks I just Ordered Mine and was hoping all the issue were solved to run with My DX3r .
mattman1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #497
RCC Addict

Matt add me to the roster.......
Old 11-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #498
RCC Addict

Don't get me wrong. It does work but needs some updates. Hoping Novak shows up in this thread again.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #499
Pebble Pounder

Hi, I have the same problem with the Novak M2Dig and CC BEC.
If I disconnect the internal BEC, feed the CC BEC into the receiver, and I'm going to slow, then the LED from the CC BEC and receiver are goes short, and he remains for a moment.

When I use the internal BEC lead into the receiver and connect only the Servo with the CC BEC, then shrugs at the slow starting of the servo.

This all happens when I programmed the drag brake. When I take the drag brake to zero, then everything works fine.

In the MOA Losi works well, but for the XR10 I need a drag brake.

programmed to get out the drag brake and you will see that it works, but a XR10 or berg with no drag brake is not to drive.

The problem is there when the drag brake is set.
The CC BEC has a problem with the drag brake.
One CC BEC is me already burned down.

I hope Novak and CC can eliminate the problem

Greetings tom

Last edited by highfly; 11-15-2010 at 10:06 PM.
highfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #500
I wanna be Dave

Lets hope we get some help here come on Charlie make this right mine is sitting on the shelf and going back to tekins real soon
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote