Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #3661
Rock Crawler

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Color simply means you chose not to go silver.
DrDiff952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2014, 12:15 AM   #3662
RCC Addict

Pull my finger...... It smells funny
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #3663
Quarry Creeper

How can I tell which firmware Is on my flysky gt3b? I have 6 channels and trying to program from a 6.1 firmwsre you tube video. But can't get my 3 channel to work my heyok controller and k2 winch.
panama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #3664
Quarry Creeper

Do I need to know or do anything to charged the battery from the computer on my hacked gt3c? thanks for help
wrcfan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:22 AM   #3665
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by panama View Post
How can I tell which firmware Is on my flysky gt3b? I have 6 channels and trying to program from a 6.1 firmwsre you tube video. But can't get my 3 channel to work my heyok controller and k2 winch.

You need to download the manual and read it.

Global setup menu: ==================

- enter it by ENTER-long - now menu items MODEL and NAME will start blinking - select requested item by ROTATE and press ENTER - use ROTATE to change value and press ENTER to end value changing - press BACK or END or ENTER-long to end global setup menu, values will be saved to EEPROM - selected menu items are indicated by following symbols:

F firmware version (this of course cannot be changed :-)

L backlight time 5s,10s...10m...MAX

OFF,1m...10m

inactivity alarm

I

LOW POWER! battery low voltage 2.0...10.5V C default number of channels 2..8 E maximum allowed endpoint value 100...150% DANGER - values greater than 120% can damage your servo or will not be possible to transmit to receiver because of 2.4GHz HF module limitation
Old 10-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #3666
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcfan29 View Post
Do I need to know or do anything to charged the battery from the computer on my hacked gt3c? thanks for help
Shouldn't, its all set up on the gt3c to charge from uSB....... Not sure how long it takes tho. Lol
Old 10-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #3667
Quarry Creeper

thanks for your help Jokerswild, it looks like i have 4.o firmware on my gt3b and i cant assign the 3rd chnl trim as a three way switch. do i need to get the firmware from outcry and the 4pin from there too so i can update my tx? I am getting frustrated with this tx. I just want it to run my heyok controler with a k2 winch. i bought a spektrum to rum all my stuff but they glitch so bad with spektrum that i cant run it. now i have this problem. daaaaang it didnt read anywhere that they had problems with spektrum until afterwards. ant help would be appreciated.
or should i ditch this winch and get something elase and be done with all this headache?
panama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:32 AM   #3668
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcfan29 View Post

You can use the USB from you pc, our you can do like I do, I use the mobil charger, the new mobils are stander, the plug is all the same and it fits the GT3C.
PSH72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #3669
Pebble Pounder

Ran into a pretty serious snag hacking my gt3b today. Even though it said program successful and verified when I went to turn on tx and have some fun setting up cars it won't even turn on. Anyone else have this problem? Batteries are good they worked fine earlier today. Looking for things to try please.
Scocrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:04 PM   #3670
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scocrawler View Post
Ran into a pretty serious snag hacking my gt3b today. Even though it said program successful and verified when I went to turn on tx and have some fun setting up cars it won't even turn on. Anyone else have this problem? Batteries are good they worked fine earlier today. Looking for things to try please.

I hacked mine and it whent great no problems. have you tryed again, mayby that way it will set it up
PSH72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #3671
Pebble Pounder

Well Overkillrc was quick to respond to my email with an answer!
Turns out I never selected to firmware to be loaded so basically I loaded all zeroes as my firmware. Be sure you you don't skip this somewhat important step! Let the bashing commence!
Scocrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:38 AM   #3672
Pebble Pounder

Just ordered me a hacked GT3B from OverkillRC.. Don't have any experience with radios other than the stock Axial AX3s.. Can't wait to get my hands on this and take my Wraith to a new level of fun.

I wasn't too happy with the idea of using a Lipo in a radio, so I chose the B over the C model. Included the upgraded regulator and bearing mod for the wheel. OverkillRC had responded via email to a question I had and the purchase went smoothly.
3stage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:37 AM   #3673
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by panama View Post
thanks for your help Jokerswild, it looks like i have 4.o firmware on my gt3b and i cant assign the 3rd chnl trim as a three way switch. do i need to get the firmware from outcry and the 4pin from there too so i can update my tx? I am getting frustrated with this tx. I just want it to run my heyok controler with a k2 winch. i bought a spektrum to rum all my stuff but they glitch so bad with spektrum that i cant run it. now i have this problem. daaaaang it didnt read anywhere that they had problems with spektrum until afterwards. ant help would be appreciated.
or should i ditch this winch and get something elase and be done with all this headache?
Donno who outcry is....... But if ya have 4.0 you should already have a 4 pin...... And even with the 4.0 you should be able to assign anything to a 3 pos switch.

The winch and controller you have is what ya want...... Heyok and kms are the cats meow... I run em both. As for issues with spektrum..... Donno I have no issues with em.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:40 AM   #3674
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stage View Post
Just ordered me a hacked GT3B from OverkillRC.. Don't have any experience with radios other than the stock Axial AX3s.. Can't wait to get my hands on this and take my Wraith to a new level of fun.

I wasn't too happy with the idea of using a Lipo in a radio, so I chose the B over the C model. Included the upgraded regulator and bearing mod for the wheel. OverkillRC had responded via email to a question I had and the purchase went smoothly.
Lipo is fine in radios....... Many radios use them. Ya could always go to a life battery also. The 8 aa cells weight is too much and go dead too fast
Old 10-31-2014, 07:31 AM   #3675
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Lipo is fine in radios....... Many radios use them. Ya could always go to a life battery also. The 8 aa cells weight is too much and go dead too fast
Even with the upgraded regulator?
Old 10-31-2014, 07:47 AM   #3676
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Guess you don't own any type of cell phone with a LiPo in it either?

The GT3C LiPo is no different than the pack in most cell phones.
1S so no issues with un balanced cells and it is actually in a hard case.

Big mistake I would and have gone with the GT3C over the GT3B. Even when I had the GT3B I had a 3s LiPo pack in it.
jaloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:27 PM   #3677
Quarry Creeper

I have Two Questions....
1. What Version Radio is used, green (the latest one), or orange and silver?
2.How long is the waiting list?
lostonthetrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #3678
RCC Addict

Quote:
Even with the upgraded regulator?

Huh? Regulator regulates voltage....... When ya put in a 3 s Lipo it sees a higher volt for longer than your 8 aa batteries putting a strain and burning up factory regulator over time. The recom is better suited to handle said power.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #3679
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Huh? Regulator regulates voltage....... When ya put in a 3 s Lipo it sees a higher volt for longer than your 8 aa batteries putting a strain and burning up factory regulator over time. The recom is better suited to handle said power.
Quote:
The new Voltage Regulator that OverkillRC offers, is a extremely efficient breed of voltage regulators, called a switching regulator. Basically, instead of converting voltage into heat, it rapidly switches power on and off to create a lower constant voltage. The regulator we offer runs at about 90% efficiency;

What does this mean?
Almost DOUBLES the run time the stock radio has
The higher efficiency is what I was really pointing to.. I don't mind the extra weight of AA batteries and was hoping for longer run times as compared to Lipo.

I should have asked for opinions before buying, but I still prefer the non rechargeable way for the radio.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #3680
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostonthetrails View Post
I have Two Questions....
1. What Version Radio is used, green (the latest one), or orange and silver?
2.How long is the waiting list?
The waiting list is not a "dibs" list...it's just an email notification list.

It's massive though...I should really get some in stock
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM